By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Someone has a plan how to fight Coronavirus, but it is not the man in the White House

Nautilus said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Well, him finding a cure for cancer wouldn't change the fact he's a bigot misogynist racist trans-phobic orange clown.

I like you Truck and all but...

If it were any other user saying this it would be ban-worthy.Or at least there would be a warning.Just saying it.

As Tor said, I was more making fun of the fact that find a cure for cancer doesn't do anything about one's character. Although, I'll admit that I thought Radek's description of Trump was pretty spot on. If me saying that crosses the line, I'll gladly take whatever punishment that comes my way.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 13 March 2020

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I hope people will see how Bernie Sanders leads in times of panic and actually vote for the damn guy. I'm sorry, I'm tired of people throwing away a great opportunity to bring positive change to the United States. Trump and Biden are not answers to problems, but actually the cause of problems.



TruckOSaurus said:
Nautilus said:

I like you Truck and all but...

If it were any other user saying this it would be ban-worthy.Or at least there would be a warning.Just saying it.

As Tor said, I was more making fun of the fact that find a cure for cancer doesn't do anything about one's character. Although, I'll admit that I thought Radek's description of Trump was pretty spot on. If me saying that crosses the line, I'll gladly take whatever punishment that comes my way.

Fair enough.

Honestly, what I like the most is the bolded.Even if I disagree with you, honesty and consistency is what I like in people.And not being an hypocrite is even better.

No matter what I or others do, at the end of the day I just want this forum to be fair, so that people may hate or love each other in peace.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Torillian said:

Well if we want to take issue with someone bringing this topic into the thread we can blame the post that Truck was replying to.

And Truck's right, Trump can simultaneously cure cancer and be "a bigot misogynist racist transphobic orange clown". These things are not mutually exclusive. Terrible, gross people can do good things and still suck as people. How would curing cancer have an effect on him being a bigot, mysogynist, racist, transphobic orange clown? 

Because being that what you just describe is relative, as I personally don't think that he fit in any of those descriptions.And you don't need to use those words to describe a person, especially if you want to have a discussion, a nice conversation about a heated topic. I mean, I could say that any socialist is an idiot, but that wouldn't be productive, would it?

Just to be sure, if calling Trump that is ok, can I go to any other political thread and call Biden, Sanders or any other politician the same thing, without any argumentation or text to speak of, and be ok with the rules?Because that would be awesome.No disrespect to anyone, just making sure.

About the bolded: Well you could, even if he wasn't refering to anyone here especifically, but then you would have to take the issue with the one that not only continued, but doubled down on the problem, don't you guys?Or is it ok for someone to be rude, but not the other?Because if what the original poster wrote was considered baiting/flaiming, well Truck certainly isn't above that.

You are ignoring the point. The point is that one's medical prowess is unrelated to their being any of the things that were described. Tell me how those are exclusive to one another. 

Ask the mod team, that's on them. I've never been one to think that insulting public figures should be out of bounds. I maintain that from when ioi banned people for insulting Michael Jackson after he died. If you're being belligerent and off topic you can get in trouble, but Truck's response was neither of those. 

I don't consider what the original poster wrote as baiting/flaming, I just don't think you can whine about people commenting on the president being a shitty person when you bring it up. I also think the original post being replied to was just a shitty post. A shitty generalization which was never meant to bring forward the conversation. Truck's response was all such a post deserves. 



...

Nautilus said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Well, him finding a cure for cancer wouldn't change the fact he's a bigot misogynist racist trans-phobic orange clown.

I like you Truck and all but...

If it were any other user saying this it would be ban-worthy.Or at least there would be a warning.Just saying it.

No, it wouldn't.



Around the Network

Radek said:

Another thread name calling Trump... whatever he does is wrong in liberals eyes.

He could literally cure cancer and he still would be called a bigot misogynist racist transphobic orange clown by Twitter checkmarks.

Well yes, doing something good for society doesn't erase character qualities which you have demonstrated and become known for. Dipshit orange-kun doesn't get a free pass just because he may have done a good thing in his life. 

Edit: and frankly, should we really be white knighting Trump? TRUMP??? The man is president of the United States. He's about as far away as affiliated from this site as you could get. He's head over heels above everyone here in terms of stature and it doesn't make sense to ban people for making fun of such a larger than life figure. If it was attacking his followers or grouping people together, I could understand it (hey! You actually did do the later!) But c'mon. 



Radek said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Well, him finding a cure for cancer wouldn't change the fact he's a bigot misogynist racist trans-phobic orange clown.

Did site admin just say this? Maybe I really should leave this site...

Agreed. Completely outrageous. We should leave.



TruckOSaurus said:
Nautilus said:

I like you Truck and all but...

If it were any other user saying this it would be ban-worthy.Or at least there would be a warning.Just saying it.

As Tor said, I was more making fun of the fact that find a cure for cancer doesn't do anything about one's character. Although, I'll admit that I thought Radek's description of Trump was pretty spot on. If me saying that crosses the line, I'll gladly take whatever punishment that comes my way.

*thinks deviant thoughts*



                                                                                                                                                           

DonFerrari said:
Mnementh said:

China has 80K confirmed cases and correct, they contained the epidemic. But they did it with early and decisive measures. Measures which I fail to see in the western world (europe and USA).

China isn't alone with good reactions to the virus, most east asian countries like Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapur, South Korea and Japan reacted early and decisive. The first three have barely any cases. South Korea had a super spreader, patient #31 came in contact with thousands of people and is responsible for the biggest infection cluster. But since then South Korea reduced the number of new infections again. Japan has somewhat success, they didn't really stop the virus, but they avoided so far exponential growth.

But western states seem to fear effects on their economy, if they shut down public life too much. So I see easily the US, France, Spain and Germany all hit > 10K infections soon, Italy already is there and is in a situation in which doctors have to decide who gets a breathing machine and therefore survives. This is not a situation we should ever put doctors into.

So yes, this is bad. It is not hysteria to point out the situation is bad, and it is not hysteria to point out politicians could do more.

Considering regular flu have: While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year. CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

Seems like 10k infections or 1k deaths from Corona is quite minor.

Sure measures need to be taken and all, but hysteria only make things worse and is crashing the market for really no good reason.

It is the fast actions that will prevent SARS-C0V-2 from not only infecting more than the seasonal flu but killing far more.  If you go at this with the same approach as the seasonal flu, millions will die.

And the seasonal flu itself mutates each year. That's why you need a new flu shot each year.

DonFerrari said:

Corona virus have been know for 90 years, so it is somewhat endemic and will come back and forth.

And again not denying it is critical and needs attention, but it is getting on the paranoia more than anything. Total shutdown in several places, ban on more than few folks being near one another (in Brazil a city is demanding that every local place have tables 6ft of one another), market crashing (like 30% loss in a single week), etc.

Flu at 40x less motality and much less infectious per your claim kill about 40k people per year in USA 400M population. On 1B china it killed 4k in 3 months. Seems like we need to be more paranoid over regular flu.

The term "Coronavirus" represents a group of viruses.  So while we have known documentation about some of them for 90 years, this one (SARS-CoV-2) is a new strain of the SARS coronavirus.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Torillian said:
Nautilus said:

Because being that what you just describe is relative, as I personally don't think that he fit in any of those descriptions.And you don't need to use those words to describe a person, especially if you want to have a discussion, a nice conversation about a heated topic. I mean, I could say that any socialist is an idiot, but that wouldn't be productive, would it?

Just to be sure, if calling Trump that is ok, can I go to any other political thread and call Biden, Sanders or any other politician the same thing, without any argumentation or text to speak of, and be ok with the rules?Because that would be awesome.No disrespect to anyone, just making sure.

About the bolded: Well you could, even if he wasn't refering to anyone here especifically, but then you would have to take the issue with the one that not only continued, but doubled down on the problem, don't you guys?Or is it ok for someone to be rude, but not the other?Because if what the original poster wrote was considered baiting/flaiming, well Truck certainly isn't above that.

You are ignoring the point. The point is that one's medical prowess is unrelated to their being any of the things that were described. Tell me how those are exclusive to one another. 

Ask the mod team, that's on them. I've never been one to think that insulting public figures should be out of bounds. I maintain that from when ioi banned people for insulting Michael Jackson after he died. If you're being belligerent and off topic you can get in trouble, but Truck's response was neither of those. 

I don't consider what the original poster wrote as baiting/flaming, I just don't think you can whine about people commenting on the president being a shitty person when you bring it up. I also think the original post being replied to was just a shitty post. A shitty generalization which was never meant to bring forward the conversation. Truck's response was all such a post deserves. 

The relation between him being a good or bad person and his medical prowess has nothing to do with it.But rather the slandering does.That's my point.

Even if he is a public person, he is a beloved public person, no matter how much you may disagree with me.More than it though, he is a beloved political beloved person.I agree completely with the Michael Jordan example, but it depends on the situation.If it were someone who kept saying annoying things about Michael Jordan in any thread that might have a relevance, then yeah it might be worth looking into, because that might be considered flamming.In another words, baiting people into fighting with you and entering such discussing in bad faith.

That's obviously not Truck case, because I don't remember him doing that regulary, but one such example off the top of my head of a user that was banned regarding this kind of "annoyance": Kerotan.He almost never did anything that was ban worthy according to the rules, but he always baited Nintendo fans in his discussing.In another words, he kept provoking people over and over again.Other example is Goodnightschrum(I think that's him, not sure now.Sorry if I'm confusing with someone else!), which was the same as Kerotan, but in regards to Sony fans.

In regards to the bolded: Then you can actually say that the thread is the original "original post being just a shitty post" because let's be honest, with a title like "Someone has a plan how to fight Coronavirus, but it is not the clown in the White House" you are not exactly being civil or at least nice to others who think otherwise.That actually is the definition of baiting/flaiming, as I understand it.I would actually say that even if it could be worded better, Radek response was the post this thread deserved.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1