By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Someone has a plan how to fight Coronavirus, but it is not the man in the White House

Why is this thread not locked? It's clearly made in bad faith to instigate trump supporters (I am not one btw). Given I had a thread locked for supposedly doing the same, I have to call out the hypocrisy here.

Around the Network

Just finished watching the video, yeah this thread is legit bad. My bashing of Game Freak was needed to explain why I had the idea in the first place, whereas here, there's no reason to bash Trump, the video certainly doesn't. In fact, the OP's title goes against Bernie's idea of we're in this together as it'll only create division as we've already seen here. Could of easily just called it Bernie's Plan for the virus, but nope, Trump is a clown had to be the headline.

I'll admit I'm only interested in this thread because of mine being locked, but that doesn't invalidate what I've said.

Hiku said:
EricHiggin said:

Odd how people are panicking because they think the virus is such a serious threat, that Trump claims isn't something to panic over.

It's almost like the wall and this outbreak, both impact people in different legitimate ways. Maybe the outbreak and the wall is a bigger concern than the naysayers realize.

Would non doctors and scientists who are young, female, lgbt, or of color, be better or worse? I mean, based on the tweet, well.

But do you find it unlikely that someone can think the wall is not efficient enough for it's price, and that suspending flights for a while to prevent the outbreak is worth it?
I don't find that unlikely at all. In fact it would apply to me. So no need to suggest hypocrisy. These are two very different situations.

Also, Trump saying it's nothing to panic over is useless information considering all the inaccurate information about the virus coming from him.

As for the group, I wouldn't say a more diverse group would be better. But it would perhaps indicate his priorities for staff, if you have to go out of your way in order for everyone (except one allegedly) to be a white old male. Though I don't know if you have to go out of your way for that, or even how much truth there is to King's tweet. Frankly I'm not interested. But I do know that putting Mike Pence and Jared Kushner in charge with their track records (or lack there of) doesn't instill confidence.

This is amazing, you are currently engaging in what you accused my thread of instigating, off topic walls of text about Trump rather than Bernie's plan.