By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Someone has a plan how to fight Coronavirus, but it is not the man in the White House

SpokenTruth said:
estebxx said:

I think your main issue is not understanding what i said in myu original post, of course im not implying that its the same people i think thats obvious and should go without saying...(although i wouldnt be surprised if that was the case with some people).

If you go to my original post, all i am saying is that i am having a good laugh at seeing people reacting negatively to everything he does.

In that regard, there are just as many people that react positively to everything he does.

Yeah i know, about half of the country loves him

I bet he is going to win come November, unless the ecomony goes down the shitter which now seems possible due to Corona chan, will have to wait and see how bad it gets.

OH! and i hope (although i doubt it at this point) that bernie wins the Dems race because Trump V Bernie seems far more entertaining than Trump V Biden.

Last edited by estebxx - on 13 March 2020

Around the Network
estebxx said:
Torillian said:

I think your main issue is you are ascribing something to a group that can only be proven for individuals (hypocrisy). So you would now have to show these same users saying that the Europe ban was too late. Otherwise these are just different people with different values and conclusions which are not necessarily hypocritical. 

I think your main issue is not understanding what i said in my original post, of course im not implying that its the same people i think thats obvious and should go without saying... (although i wouldnt be surprised if that was the case with some people).

If you go to my original post, all i am saying is that i am having a good laugh at seeing people reacting negatively to everything he does.

EDIT: maybe i should have been extra clear in my OP so that people like you dont end up making that assumption.

mmm....alright I'll just have to take your word for it. 

mexicanparrot said:

I hope people will see how Bernie Sanders leads in times of panic and actually vote for the damn guy. I'm sorry, I'm tired of people throwing away a great opportunity to bring positive change to the United States. Trump and Biden are not answers to problems, but actually the cause of problems.

Trump is actually the symptom of America's problems. Almost 30 plus years of Neoliberalism/corporate takeover of congress lead to Trump.

Proud to be a Californian.

Hiku said:

Your post:

"Its fucking hilarious honestly, last time i checked he was a fucking racist and over reacting for suspending travel from china like a month ago, and now when he bans travel from europe like a month later the reaction is "he didnt act fast enough!"

If the same person said both those things, I can see that hypocrisy being funny. But what makes different opinions from different people funny?

If someone has been a hypocrite, by all means call them out for it. Tag them and tell them what they said.
Don't imply hypocrisy among a group instead of individuals, based on nothing they said. 

I dont find hypocrisy funny i find it disgusting, whats funny to me is that no matter what he does he seems to get negative reactions, and by that i mean more negative reactions than most presidents ive ever seen.

Hiku said:
estebxx said:

I dont find hypocrisy funny i find it disgusting, whats funny to me is that no matter what he does he seems to get negative reactions, and by that i mean more negative reactions than most presidents ive ever seen.

That's going into a completely different topic. Whether the criticism is warranted.

But you didn't answer my question
Why did you say that different opinions from different people is 'fucking hilarious'?

You are acting like there is NOTHING in common here, like there isnt a unifying thread.

OH no its just DIFFERENT opinions from DIFFERENT people.

As if those opinions didnt have one thing in common and it was the fact that they are always negative views on the presidents actions, it is that constant negativity towards the president regardless of what he does that i find hilarious.

And while this is true for pretty much every president out there (there will always be someone out there who will criticise you when you are a public figure), he seems to get it FAR worse than any other president ive ever seen.

Around the Network
estebxx said:
Hiku said:

Your post:

"Its fucking hilarious honestly, last time i checked he was a fucking racist and over reacting for suspending travel from china like a month ago, and now when he bans travel from europe like a month later the reaction is "he didnt act fast enough!"

If the same person said both those things, I can see that hypocrisy being funny. But what makes different opinions from different people funny?

If someone has been a hypocrite, by all means call them out for it. Tag them and tell them what they said.
Don't imply hypocrisy among a group instead of individuals, based on nothing they said. 

I can't help but ask, what about all the immigrants? Have they stopped wanting to come to America? Wasn't it the most terrible thing ever that Trump was tightening the borders and leaving these people to die? I bet many of them could use American health care right about now. Odd that half the country was against further border restrictions before the outbreak, yet are ok with it now all of the sudden.

It's questionable if it's actually more negative reactions, even when they seem unnecessary, or the lack of positive reactions altogether.

What's Batman say at the end of Dark Knight? "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Sounds kinda like what Trump said at the start of the campaign, that he would be the punching bag that took all the hits for the good of the people.

Trumps certainly not Batman, but he's definitely not the Joker... either.

vivster said:

Trump shouldn't have killed Obamacare. Now he has nothing he can blame the dead people on. But I doubt that even a massive global pandemic will be able to introduce sensible healthcare policy to the US.

ACA is still alive.  Remember John McCain thumb down vote that killed their bill trying to end it?  So yea even though they keep trying to chip away at it without another plan...  It is still there.

TruckOSaurus said:
Nautilus said:

I like you Truck and all but...

If it were any other user saying this it would be ban-worthy.Or at least there would be a warning.Just saying it.

As Tor said, I was more making fun of the fact that find a cure for cancer doesn't do anything about one's character. Although, I'll admit that I thought Radek's description of Trump was pretty spot on. If me saying that crosses the line, I'll gladly take whatever punishment that comes my way.

Nautilus said:
TruckOSaurus said:

As Tor said, I was more making fun of the fact that find a cure for cancer doesn't do anything about one's character. Although, I'll admit that I thought Radek's description of Trump was pretty spot on. If me saying that crosses the line, I'll gladly take whatever punishment that comes my way.

Fair enough.

Honestly, what I like the most is the bolded.Even if I disagree with you, honesty and consistency is what I like in people.And not being an hypocrite is even better.

No matter what I or others do, at the end of the day I just want this forum to be fair, so that people may hate or love each other in peace.

It's quite fair if you look at it from the center actually.

On one hand, you have Trumps opposition who says Trump says bad things and shouldn't, because it sets a bad example, especially in his position.

Trucks, who went against Trump, did the same thing Trump does, and based on his position, it kinda sets a bad example in his position.

On the other hand,

You have Trump supporters who say while he's Prez, he's also an individual, and can say what he wants as long as it doesn't physically hurt anyone.

Nautilus, who was backing Trump, did the opposite and pointed out how they thought what Trucks said was wrong and sets a bad example.

Happens at times on both sides actually. Sometimes unconsciously, sometimes on purpose to make a point based on someone else's prior remarks.

Both had a point, while both were being a little hypocritical. Depends on your point of view.

Hiku said:
EricHiggin said:

I can't help but ask, what about all the immigrants? Have they stopped wanting to come to America? Wasn't it the most terrible thing ever that Trump was tightening the borders and leaving these people to die? I bet many of them could use American health care right about now. Odd that half the country was against further border restrictions before the outbreak, yet are ok with it now all of the sudden.

Odd how people were against paying billions for a wall they think is ineffective, that Trump claimed Mexico would pay for.
That's the same thing as suspending flights from areas to prevent a deadly virus from taking root.

Radek said:

Look at this pandering moron Stephen King. I legit regret reading some of his book and watching TV series based on them as well.

Deadly Pandemic is spreading rapidly, but there's no people of color, no women on Trump's Corona Virus Team,  just old white straight guys that happen to be doctors and scientists. How can that orange buffoon get away with it? (There's 1 woman on the team btw)

Funny, since Biden and Bernie are both old white straight males, no?

I fucking hate Twitter.

The proper comparison would be to who Bernie or Biden would chose to have on their Coronavirus teams.

Odd how people are panicking because they think the virus is such a serious threat, that Trump claims isn't something to panic over.

It's almost like the wall and this outbreak, both impact people in different legitimate ways. Maybe the outbreak and the wall is a bigger concern than the naysayers realize.

Would non doctors and scientists who are young, female, lgbt, or of color, be better or worse? I mean, based on the tweet, well.

Hiku said:
estebxx said:

You are acting like there is NOTHING in common here, like there isnt a unifying thread.

OH no its just DIFFERENT opinions from DIFFERENT people.

You said it's not the same people.

"of course im not implying that its the same people i think thats obvious and should go without saying... "

When Trollian calls you out for implying hypocrisy, you claim you weren't.
But when I then ask why you brought it up if there isn't hypocrisy, you can't give me a straight answer.

As expected, because there's no point in bringing up Karen thinking Trump is racist for the China ban, while Steve thinks he acted too late with the Euro ban. Unless you don't specify anyone. In which case it serves to suggests hypocrisy among a group instead of individuals.

I can't just go into a Playstation 5 BC thread and go "LOL, Sony fans claimed they didn't care about backwards compatibility when it was on XB1. But now that PS5 has it, they say it should have happened sooner. Hahaha it's fucking hilarious."

Don't do that. That's not a foolproof way to be toxic and avoid accountability.
If someone specifically said both of those things, feel free to call them out on it. That's perfectly fine. But don't be toxic towards everyone you disagree with. Discuss it with them instead.

I gave you an answer TWICE, you just simply cant understand how to me its funny to see so many people calling him out all the time regardless of what he does.

You on the other hand are dedicated to trying to prove how im being toxic by insinuating that i am implying hypocrisy when i already made it clear that what i meant was not going there.

It is the constant NEGATIVITY towards the president that i find hilarious, not some hypocrisy by some random user who is contradicting himself just to shit on Trump.

Don't do that. if the only proof that you have about someone being toxic and avoiding accountability is implying intention to their post (even when they have already made it clear in the thread that that wasnt their intention), and you have no actual proof then save it.
If someone specifically said something toxic, feel free to call them out on it. That's perfectly fine. But don't be toxic towards peoples opinions you disagree with or you just cant understand.