By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo Switch game is your favorite so far?

Which Nintendo Switch Game Is Your Favorite So Far?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 527 45.87%

Super Mario Odyssey 142 12.36%

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 89 7.75%

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 38 3.31%

Fire Emblem: Three Houses 76 6.61%

Splatoon 2 33 2.87%

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 16 1.39%

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 100 8.70%

Luigi's Mansion 3 30 2.61%

Other 98 8.53%

Total:1,149
victor83fernandes said:
curl-6 said:

As great as the Switch is, I still feel at this point in its life it hasn't delivered quite as many diamond-tier games as, say, systems like the N64, Wii, SNES, Xbox 360.

Still, given it's only three years old, it still has a chance to pass those systems by the end of its run, so long as its upcoming schedule isn't as barren as it currently looks.

I agree, take out the games that also are on wiiU, take out remasters and ports, and you barely have a decent library at all. Where's pikmin, where's a new Mario kart? Where's a new Pilot wings, a new Metroid prime, a new donkey cong, F-zero. 

I have had all consoles in 30 years, I like the switch but its way overrated, controller isn't great, not even a decent d-pad, charging the controller is fiddly, you cant charge and play at the same time, even inserting games is fiddly, not as easy as inserting a disc on ps4 and xbox with a push of a button.

I do sort of agree to an extent; Switch definitely has a problem in that too much of its content is rehashed and not enough is original.

That said, it's still already made its way up to #5 on my best-of-all-time consoles list, and I've also been gaming for close to 30 years.

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:
Lonely_Dolphin said:

Easily Mario Odyssey I think

Oh please, I know you can see that most people don't feel the same as you about crossovers. Sure it doesn't make sense from a narrative standpoint, but the game isn't cannon so that doesn't matter. It makes sense because that's what people want. Seeing beloved characters that don't all necessarily fit in with each other together is just cool. Plus the gameplay is really unique. Not hard to get even if you don't like the game.

I put Splatoon 2 as my number 1, so screw your self made rules about what games should count as games.

Your response is that one of a child, you explain nothing and you didn't change my opinion not even one bit. In fact your response answers my question about why people love the game, apparently you don't even know why you like it, because its cool? What kind of an answer is that? That's like someone asking what's so appealing about soup, and someone answering its good because its cool.

Don't know if you have noticed but I have a point on online games, check the best games for most years, mostly single player games, God of war, Witcher 3, Sekiro, Zelda, Dragon age and so on, the only time in 30 years that I remember an online only game winning game of the year was Overwatch.

I explained why your claim that the crossover makes no sense is incorrect, why the crossover is appealing to people, and if you were paying any kind of attention, it'd be obvious I'm not trying to change your opinion, only help you understand why many like what you don't. Cool is of course the tl;dr version, but it's the only answer that's needed. What do you want, me to write an essay? If you still don't understand something so simple n obvious, then you never will. If you wanna be the sole person who believes Smash sells millions of copies either for some unexplained reason or because people just don't know what they're doing, then feel free!

1) Three Houses, 2) Sonic Mania, 3) Xenoblade Chronicles 2, 4) Super Mario Odyssey, and 5) Breath of the Wild.

Mario Maker 2 by far far.

Tales of Vesperia 2nd.

Man, this thread is a painful reminder of my Switch backlog. I still have so many games to play.

Right now, Breath of the Wild is my pick for top Switch game (and top game, period). I'd place Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in second.

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:
peachbuggy said:
It was BOTW until smash came out!

I played games for over 30 years now, and I still don't get what's so special about smash, it actually makes no sense to see characters from different universes fighting each other, more so when most those characters are not fighters themselves.

I played smash first with gamecube, never got into it, tried it on wiiU again, still don't see the appeal. Nowhere near Soulcalibur or even tekken, dead or alive.

I wish I could really get into it, because apparently it should be amazing, I just cant see what's so special.

With that said I would never put a fighter on top of best games list, fighters lack story, content, open world. I see fighters just as I see fifa games, you get some characters and you fight, same thing over and over and over, somehow they still managed to make it fun with soulcalibur.

For the same reason I would also never put an online only game on top of any list, because you need to pay for a subscription and you need to pay for internet, so that's 50 for subscription + 400 for internet + 60 for the game = 510 dollars to play the online game per year, no game should be on top of any list at those prices when stuff like witcher 3, Zelda and Xenoblade have a hundred hours or more of gameplay for 60 dollars.

Sorry, perhaps i should have addressed your point earlier. It may have helped prevent a potential argument breaking out. For me (and i've seen it said elsewhere too), Smash is just the perfect party game. I'm by no means a competitive Smash player. I only play it casually really but that's where the fun comes into it for me at least. I think this gen Smash has overtaken Mario kart as the ultimate (No pun intended) local multiplayer game. It's just so much fun in that mode. I don't think any game series has ever invoked so many LOL moments! It's just harmless, mindless unadulterated fun. Single player is also pretty good too so that helps. Also, the ability to play it seriously exists, although i personally haven't taken that opportunity many times. Although i've had a few online matches, maybe between 50-100. It can be played as mindless fun (Like i use it for chiefly) or to be played seriously and competitively (Which i do rarely.) Imo for local multiplayer it is the complete package.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I feel like there are some third party games that deserve a spot on the poll, like Doom 2016 and Witcher 3.

Yeah, they may not be the best looking version of those games, but they're still great, and I'd argue superior to the likes of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Luigi's Mansion 3. (Not that those aren't good games)

axumblade said:
curl-6 said:

I feel like there are some third party games that deserve a spot on the poll, like Doom 2016 and Witcher 3.

Yeah, they may not be the best looking version of those games, but they're still great, and I'd argue superior to the likes of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or Luigi's Mansion 3. (Not that those aren't good games)

I might do a similar poll in a month or so with 3rd parties listed.

Please do! :) Maybe that could be our next poll of the week.

axumblade said:
curl-6 said:

Please do! :) Maybe that could be our next poll of the week.

I don't want to do 2 Nintendo Polls in a row because I want to keep these a bit diverse but I'll definitely do it soon. 

Fair enough. Good to have one in reserve I guess. :) Thanks for all your work keeping VGChartz rolling.

Breath of the Wild gave me the first few glorious months with my Switch with Snipperclips co-op on the side.

Another shout out to Rocket League, thanks to that port been able boost my way around this crazy auto footy.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"