By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo Switch game is your favorite so far?

Which Nintendo Switch Game Is Your Favorite So Far?

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 527 45.87%

Super Mario Odyssey 142 12.36%

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 89 7.75%

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 38 3.31%

Fire Emblem: Three Houses 76 6.61%

Splatoon 2 33 2.87%

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 16 1.39%

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 100 8.70%

Luigi's Mansion 3 30 2.61%

Other 98 8.53%

Total:1,149

Splatoon 2! I spent over 1000 hours on iy

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

BOTW
Xenoblade 2
Odyssey
Luigis mansion 3
Smash
Pokemon Sword
Astral Chain
Splatoon 2
Yoshi crafted
Arms

3rd party Honourable mentions
Skyrim
Diablo 3
Darksiders 1,2 and Genesis
Doom 2016
Wolfenstien 2

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!
Ring Fit Adventure is a close second though. :)

Jranation said:
Splatoon 2! I spent over 1000 hours on iy

If BotW hadn't been so good Splatoon2 would have easily taken it for me.  Love that game and can't wait for 3.  I've gotten to play that one with several of the users here and had a blast.

I really think, in light of the lack of parity in this poll, that a followup should happen that removes BotW. I'm sure non-Nintendo fans on this site wouldn't appreciate back-to-back Nintendo themed polls, but it would certainly be fun to see which title would be the true runner up.

Around the Network

Xenoblade chronicles 2, bear in mind Mario kart 8 and Zelda are also on wiiU so they are not switch exclusives. I might have chosen Zelda otherwise.

peachbuggy said:
It was BOTW until smash came out!

I played games for over 30 years now, and I still don't get what's so special about smash, it actually makes no sense to see characters from different universes fighting each other, more so when most those characters are not fighters themselves.

I played smash first with gamecube, never got into it, tried it on wiiU again, still don't see the appeal. Nowhere near Soulcalibur or even tekken, dead or alive.

I wish I could really get into it, because apparently it should be amazing, I just cant see what's so special.

With that said I would never put a fighter on top of best games list, fighters lack story, content, open world. I see fighters just as I see fifa games, you get some characters and you fight, same thing over and over and over, somehow they still managed to make it fun with soulcalibur.

For the same reason I would also never put an online only game on top of any list, because you need to pay for a subscription and you need to pay for internet, so that's 50 for subscription + 400 for internet + 60 for the game = 510 dollars to play the online game per year, no game should be on top of any list at those prices when stuff like witcher 3, Zelda and Xenoblade have a hundred hours or more of gameplay for 60 dollars.

Not to be a downer but botw and its not even close. Its been a criticism of mine that the switch really lacks in games with a large scope. Paeticularly open world games. And not ps360 remakes. I want new AAA games. I really wish we could get a kid icarus w botw scope or a cover based 3ps star fox like ghost recon wild lands. But my bad for getting off topic. Botw was amazing I kinda hope the new one is the same hyrule w new quests and old school dungeons.

As great as the Switch is, I still feel at this point in its life it hasn't delivered quite as many diamond-tier games as, say, systems like the N64, Wii, SNES, Xbox 360.

Still, given it's only three years old, it still has a chance to pass those systems by the end of its run, so long as its upcoming schedule isn't as barren as it currently looks.

I'd say:

1. Zelda BotW

2. Xenoblade 2

3. Smash Bros 

4. Mario Odyssey

5. Then there's sort of a dropoff but I'd say either Diablo 3 or Ori

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden