By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Super Mario Maker 2 level sharing thread

Tagged games:

New Course uploaded this weekend and updated to OP.  I've been dabbling with some course types that I have not previously done before, and this weekend I was inspired to do my first ever "puzzle/quiz" type course.  I've seen a lot of "choose which one is different" picture courses, and other similar ideas, but I wanted to put my own unique spin on the concept.  So, I came up with the idea of being able to play 21 Blackjack.  I had to modify the rules a bit in order to meet the restrictions on # of parts that could be used.  So, the player and dealer will only be able to draw 1 additional card after the first 2 cards have been dealt.  There is no option to "Split" or get "Insurance" either.  I was able to work enough with the parts restriction to create 4 separate hands followed by a bonus minigame.  I included 2 checkpoints, so that it wouldn't get tedious having to redo earlier hands if you bust on a later hand.  I created my own deck with 4 different suits (Note Block, ? Block, POW Block, & Cloud), and the numbers and face cards represented by various powerups and enemies.  For example, 2 Bob-ombs would represent the #2, 3 Goombas would represent the #3, etc., a 10 Coin represents the #10, I used Lemmy and Wendy for Jack and Queen face cards, and 1Ups for Aces.  All in all, I'm happy with how this one turned out.

21 Blackjack

Course ID: BWM-87S-TXG

Description:  Play 4 hands of 21 Blackjack against 4 different dealers.  The player is dealt 2 cards and can only see 1 of the dealer's cards face up.  The player can than choose to "Hold" (Stand) with his/her 2 cards.  Or, the player can "Hit" and receive an additional card.  The dealer will then show his 2nd card.  If the sum of the dealer's first 2 cards is lower than 17, the dealer will take an additional card (unless the player has already busted).  After winning 4 successful rounds, the player will be asked to make a wager on 2 final bonus cards.  The player must choose whether or not to place a "Max Bet" before seeing the cards.  Do you have what it takes to beat the 4 dealers and successfully take home the winnings?  Good luck!

Played By: 8

Clears: 7

Attempts: 27

Clear Rate: 25.92%

First Clear:  edison()[]

World Record: 0:35.095

Uploaded: 12/7/2020

Around the Network

After seeing that my recent speedrun course had been attempted over 1,500 times since uploading it, I did a quick Google search of "Great Hall of Bowser" to see if my course had been shared somewhere on the internet.  Sure enough, a SMM2 player and course creator, LunyRem, uploaded a video to her YouTube channel of her completing the course as she does with many other courses she has played.  It's only been viewed around 40 times, but it has been commented on by some other SMM2 players/speedrunners.  So, it may have potentially driven some traffic this way, which has been a very pleasant surprise.  And, it was pretty cool to see a playthrough of one of my courses on YouTube.  Here's the video if anyone wants to check it and see the full course:

New course uploaded and updated to Op.  Having reached the milestone of 1,000 total Likes received as a creator so close to Christmas Day, I decided to create a course in the theme of Christmas that would also double as a celebration of the achievement.  Nothing complicated here, but fair warning, if you wander into the toy line of Santa's Workshop, you will find yourself recruited as a permanent toy maker elf.  Each house contains a Christmas Card by the tree with Holiday wishes for 6 SMM2 players and creators that have supported my work, for a total of 24 in all.  Thanks for all of your comments and support in the game!

Merry Christmas 1K Likes Special

Course ID: V1G-LRR-6PG

Description:  Embrace the giving spirit of Christmas by delivering gifts to your fellow Super Mario Maker 2 players and creators.  Start off at the North Pole with a tour through Santa's Workshop.  Then, take off in Santa's Sleigh and fly over to a nearby village.  Enter the houses through the chimneys and fill the base of the Christmas tree's with gifts.  Pass by a snowball fight at the edge of town before hopping back in Santa's Sleigh for a return to the North Pole.  This course was also uploaded in celebration of reaching the milestone of 1,000 Likes as a creator.

Played By: 28

Clears: 12

Attempts: 56

Clear Rate: 21.42%

First Clear:  Bradilaya

World Record: 1:05.066 (3 Amigos)

Uploaded: 12/18/2020

Special Note.  I recently deleted 2 courses from my uploaded course list.  Both courses contained unintended exploits that allowed the majority of the course to be skipped to the flagpole without actually playing through the course itself.  I didn't recognize these exploits until seeing the insanely short world record times being posted.  The most egregious of these was seeing my course "Greatest Hits: The 700 Series" beaten in 3 seconds.  The problem here was the direct result of my using a semisolid as part of Mario's house on the opening screen to provide a partial background behind the bricks and windows of the house as I have done on all my course with the "Mario Plays NES" theme.  Unfortunately, since this course needed to be combined with Mario Maker Kart Quadruple Dash, the Koopa Car requires the 3D World theme to be used.  And in 3D World, there is only 1 variation of semisolid, and it does not allow for anything to cover over the top layer of the semisolid rendering it a permanently exposed section.  Not thinking this through, I simply placed the bricks of Mario's house above and below this layer.  This left a small Mario sized gap that was able to be used to pass directly through Mario's house to the Warp Box that was intended to be used from the Flagpole jump at the end of the Super Mario Bros 1-1 section of Mario Plays NES Games to the back of Mario's house to obtain the Koopa Car for warping to the Mario Maker Kart Quadruple Dash section of the course.  In essence, this resulted in the course being able to be beaten in 3 seconds by passing directly through Mario's house on the opening screen and warping straight to the now open Flagpole jump.  I left it as is for a while, but once I started tracking more statistics in this thread, it never looked right as the "fastest World Record" among my courses, since the entire course itself was being skipped.  So, I decided to take the course down and tweak the design of Mario's house, so that the exploit was removed.  The course has now been reuploaded and I have updated the Course ID and Stats in the Op to reflect the Reuploaded version.  The fastest World Record mark among my courses has therefore reverted to the 0.13.194 mark set by ★Lime★ on Defend Yoshi's Island (50s).

The 2nd course that I removed for a similar reason was the "7 Labors of Hercules".  I have done the necessary tweaks to the course and will reupload it after the New Year.  Apologies to anyone who used the exploits to previously defeat or speedrun either of these course.  I hope that you will return to complete the intended paths.

Greatest Hits:  The 700 Series

Course ID: 8VK-75B-9GG

Description:  Celebrating 2 Courses that achieved the milestone of having been played by over 700 different people.  Greatest Hits:  The 700 Series combines Mario Plays NES Games with Mario Maker Kart Quadruple Dash into a single course.  Mario Plays NES Games maintains the core of Mario going home to play a level from "Mario Bros.", "Donkey Kong Jr.", and "Super Mario Bros.".  But, the theme has been upgraded from 8 bit to 3D in order to combine with the Super Mario 3D World theme of Mario Maker Kart Quadruple Dash.  In addition to this upgrade, the first screen level of Donkey Kong Jr. has been swapped out for a rendition of the 2nd screen with the spring and moving platforms.  This was mainly due to the unavailability of vines in the 3D World theme, which the first screen of Donkey Kong Jr heavily utilizes.  Most of the vines in this rendition of screen 2 have been represented by Twisters.  After finishing the three levels of Mario Plays NES Games, the player is transported to the back of Mario's house to obtain a Koopa Car and then enter the final level, Mario Maker Kart Quadruple Dash.  This version has been completely reinvented, but stays true to the spirit of the original and can still be played in multiplayer.  

*This course was taken down to remove an exploit that allowed the player to pass through the roof of Mario's house and transport directly to the Flagpole without actually playing any of the course.  Course ID and Stats have been updated to the reuploaded version.

Played By: 7

Clears: 2

Attempts: 29

Clear Rate: 6.89%

First Clear:  Se7h

World Record: 3:01.098 (tangmaru)

Uploaded:  12/28/2020

If anyone wants to do level 4 level let's go. In other words, make a level, I beat it, then vice-versa. I have a new one that's very challenging and equally satisfying.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Around the Network
SuperRetroTurbo said:

If anyone wants to do level 4 level let's go. In other words, make a level, I beat it, then vice-versa. I have a new one that's very challenging and equally satisfying.

I'm always down for playing other creator's courses.  I see that no one has beaten your "Thwomerang" course yet.  I'll have to give that a try.  I cleared two of your other courses a while back, but I just noticed that one of the ones I wasn't able to beat, "Mission Improbable", has never been cleared in 1,085 attempts by 138 players.  Someone needs to tweet that course ID to #RYUSMM !

Special Note - The 2nd course that I had mentioned temporarily deleting, "7 Labors of Hercules", has been updated and reuploaded.  I redesigned the City Wall Tower at the end of the course which has a Locked Door necessary to pass through to reach the Flagpole and complete the course.  In the original upload, I foolishly used bricks down the center of the Tower which crafty players easily exploited to break through to the flagpole without completing the Red Coin challenges to create the required Key.  

7 Labors of Hercules

Course ID: L0M-X25-GWG

Description:   The Golden Apples of the Hesperides (Red Coins) have been scattered across ancient Greece.  King Eurystheus tasks Hercules to reacquire the apples in order to gain entry to the city of Mycenae and continue on his legendary journeys.  7 Golden Apples were stolen, and so 7 "Labors" must be completed to regain them. 

*This course was taken down to remove an exploit that allowed the player to break through the City Gate Tower at the end of the course to reach the Flagpole without completing all of the courses challenges required to create the intended Key for the locked door.  Course ID and Stats have been updated to the reuploaded version.

Played By: 8

Clears: 1

Attempts: 37

Clear Rate: 2.70%

First Clear:  Se7h

World Record: 17:26.134 (Se7h)

Uploaded: 1/2/2021

Mandalore76 said:
SuperRetroTurbo said:

I'm always down for playing other creator's courses.  I see that no one has beaten your "Thwomerang" course yet.  I'll have to give that a try.  I cleared two of your other courses a while back, but I just noticed that one of the ones I wasn't able to beat, "Mission Improbable", has never been cleared in 1,085 attempts by 138 players.  Someone needs to tweet that course ID to #RYUSMM !

Dave? I think that's his name, another streamer did a video of how players were attempting to clear any unbeaten levels from the original, to usher in part 2. I think that might happen with, "Mission Improbable," in case Ryu or GPB etc., get a chance to play it before that. But yeah, I noticed how you beat a few of mine. I never responded because I've been real busy but now that I have plenty of free time, I want to bring this thread back. I also want to create with someone. "Thowmerang," is all about wall-riding the thwomps and quick reactions. I would love to see someone beat it.

Sorry about the format I posted. I still have no clue how to post correctly.

Test.