By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Super Mario Maker 2 level sharing thread

Tagged games:

New course uploaded over Memorial Day Weekend and updated to OP. This is actually an "Easy Mode" version of my "Dragon Fire Returns" course. Ironically, at the moment, it has a similarly low clear rate to the "harder" version. I'm planning to add an easier version of my "Smurf Rescue (Coleco Vision) to this "Easy Mode" series as well, but have no plans to take the series further than that. I just wanted to take the 2 games that I had recreated utilizing their most difficult hazards and offer alternate versions at their lowest difficulty for contrast.

Dragon Fire Returns (Easy Mode)

Course ID: 85R-2H1-M9G

Description: This is a remake of my "Dragon Fire Returns" course at an easier level. There are still 3 drawbridges and treasure vaults, but the drawbridges do not have added hazards on subsequent crossings. Also, 2 checkpoints have been added after the completion of the first and second drawbridges. For completionists, there are Red Coins to collect which will open a True Ending path to the top of the Flagpole, but this is not required to beat the course.

Played By: 5

Clears: 2

Attempts: 15

Clear Rate: 2.79%

World Record: 0:52.834 (Jaky20)

Uploaded: 5/24/2020

Around the Network

Super Mario Bros. 3 8-hand trap3 1Y7-5DP-0JG, Super Mario Bros. 3 8-airship 3Q3-H54-6VG and Super Mario Bros. 3 8-1 T9W-H41-WRG are done. Now there are only 4 left and when I am finished I will have 95 courses uploaded.

Super Mario Bros. 3 8-2 PM1-KFC-5DG, Super Mario Bros. 3 8-fortress 9CX-RKY-J3G, Super Mario Bros. 3 8-super tank R4H-SR2-RSG andSuper Mario Bros 3 Bowser Castle HQ4-TM3-PLF are done and I am finished with Super Mario Bros. 3. Since I have only 5 courses left I am going to delete 3 of my early courses and make Super Mario Bros. 3 9-1 through 9-8 to end on a full 100 courses with a final original special world with each level based on each of the 8 worlds from Super Mario Bros. 3 except harder, but only one step beyond the originals eighth world.

Shadownin64 said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 8-2 PM1-KFC-5DG, Super Mario Bros. 3 8-fortress 9CX-RKY-J3G, Super Mario Bros. 3 8-super tank R4H-SR2-RSG andSuper Mario Bros 3 Bowser Castle HQ4-TM3-PLF are done and I am finished with Super Mario Bros. 3. Since I have only 5 courses left I am going to delete 3 of my early courses and make Super Mario Bros. 3 9-1 through 9-8 to end on a full 100 courses with a final original special world with each level based on each of the 8 worlds from Super Mario Bros. 3 except harder, but only one step beyond the originals eighth world.

Awesome. I'm up to World 6 in your Super World so far. I have to make sure I finish it before you do that.

Edit - I'm up to World 7 now!

Last edited by Mandalore76 - on 02 June 2020

New course uploaded last night and updated to OP.  This is my second and final entry in my "Easy Mode" series.  It's a redo of my "Smurf Rescue (Coleco Vision) course.  Enemies (bats and spiders) have been removed since they do not appear in the first playthrough of "Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle" by Coleco on Skill Level 1.  The Plains offer less difficult jumps, and now Gargamel's Castle in the background on the second stretch of the Plains is no longer an obstruction to your jumps.  Even though this is an "easy" version that can be breezed through, just like in my "Dragon Fire Returns (Easy Mode)" course, I still couldn't help but add something for the more completionist/hardcore gamer.  There is a completely optional Red Coin Challenge present here as well that also leads to the "True/Top of Flagpole Ending".

Smurf Rescue Coleco (Easy Mode)

Course ID: TYC-83W-7NF

Description: This is a recreation of my version of "Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle" as if played on Skill Level 1 on Coleco Vision. Smurfette has been kidnapped by Gargamel again. Your Smurf must still leave Smurf Village and travel through a forest and cave to reach Gargamel's Castle to rescue her, but this time there are less difficult jumps, no bats, and no spiders. Two checkpoints have been added. I also added springs before each jump. But you only need to use the springs if you intend to collect the Red Coins which are necessary only for the completely optional "True Ending".

Played By: 4

Clears: 2

Attempts: 14

Clear Rate: 14.28%

World Record: 1:04.030 (kirbyboiYT)

Uploaded: 6/1/2020

Around the Network
Shadownin64 said:
Super Mario Bros. 3 8-hand trap3 1Y7-5DP-0JG, Super Mario Bros. 3 8-airship 3Q3-H54-6VG and Super Mario Bros. 3 8-1 T9W-H41-WRG are done. Now there are only 4 left and when I am finished I will have 95 courses uploaded.

I got the First Clear on your Super Mario Bros. 3 8-1 and Super Mario Bros. 3 8-Fortress.  It's been a while since I played through SMB3 World 8.  So, I have to admit, I had to watch a playthrough of the Fortress Level on You Tube after failing several attempts to figure out all the doors, pipes, and P-Switches.  You did an excellent job of recreating that with the Super Mario Maker 2 toolset.  I also finished World 7 of your Super World.  One more world left to go.

New course uploaded over the weekend and updated to OP. This is another "Deluxe" version of one of my previous courses. It utilizes the Super Mario Bros. 3 Underwater theme in conjunction with the Frog Suit Power-up that I have seen other creators use for a more fluid recreation of Pac-Man.

Pac-Man Arcade Deluxe

Course ID: C0S-QXV-F0H

Description: This is a recreation of my previous Pac-Man Arcade course. After the Version 3.0 update added the Frog Suit and other power-up items to the game, I noticed that some creators were using this in combination with the underwater theme for their Pac-Man themed courses. (Prior to the update, I had seen one creator use vines for easier upward mobility, and other creators crafting smaller mazes.) It makes the maze so much easier to navigate and feels more like Pac-Man, so I decided to give my Pac-Man Arcade course the Deluxe update treatment as well. I added a new Title Screen, through in some bezel artwork over the top and down the right side of the maze, and an end screen art of Pac-Man with Ms. Pac-Man. The rest of the course design remains true to the arcade in terms of maze layout, 240 pellets, 4 power pellets, 4 ghosts, and 1-Ups serving as the Fruit. I first saw the Underwater/Frog Suit combo used as a mechanic for a Pac-Man level in a course created by Jaky20. While I was working on updating my course, I saw the same combination used by milly! . Accordingly, I credited both creators in the description of my course for the inspiration. They both incorporated Pac-Man music into their courses, which is an extremely nice touch. I'm still studying how to create music in Super Mario Maker 2, so that is a step beyond where my current creation skills are at for the time being. I highly recommend both creators if you want to check out their courses. Jaky20 's Pac-Man course ID is: K4D-GW2-YRF & milly! 's Pac-Man course ID is: 55L-HM5-V1H

Played By: 13

Clears: 12

Attempts: 16

Clear Rate: 75.00%

World Record: 0:57.516 (Jaky20)

Uploaded: 6/6/2020

New course uploaded yesterday and updated to OP.  I'm not sure what got the idea into my head.  I guess I was thinking about how many minigames I could possibly cram into the same level, and it made me want to do a version of Action 52 where some of the games would be glitched, unplayable, or have softlocks.  Due to the limitation on transporting Pipes and Doors, I was able to create 16 games accessed from the start screen and a sub start screen laid out the same as the start screen.  By using a P-Switch to the right of the main start screen, I was able to add a 17th game.  And then doing the same with the sub start screen, but moving this start screen over one screen, I was able to create P-Switch accessible minigames to the left and right for a total of 19 games.  The last game is behind a locked door and can only be accessed by creating a Key from 9 Key Coins distributed throughout the other minigames.  Once you know which 9 minigames contain the Key Coins, you can avoid the other minigames (some of which are purposely broken anyway, but only one of which kills you instantly). 

This is my first ever course to successfully feature a Recyclable Checkpoint.  Meaning, you can save your progress after every successful Key Coin collection.  (I had originally attempted this in my Mega Man Returns course, but I didn't understand how it worked at the time.)   I also added a Powerup Mushroom to the Checkpoint, which means you can power up every time you save your progress.  Not all of the minigames are designed to be traversed while powered up, so you will have to take intentional damage upon entering some of the minigames in order to progress.  Because of the Recyclable Checkpoint, I had to beat the course from start to finish without dying 3 times to upload the course. 

Action 19

Course ID: 1Y7-7FP-DLF

Description: 1 Course. 19 Games. Unlimited Saves (use the Blue Checkpoint Pipe often). This is my homage to Action 52 on the NES featuring a collection of barely functioning games with mostly broken mechanics. The first 18 games are "Ricochet", "Splat", "Crystal Cave", "Mister Claw", "Dante's Mineshaft", "Tank", "Fortress of Solitude", "Wholly Moley", "Mister Roboto", "Booby Trap", "Bouncy Castle", "Doctor Livingstone", "Head in the Clouds", "Crush", "Bomb Squad", "Treasure Vault", "Star Battle", "Arctic Escape". "Cheetahmen III" is the 19th game which must be unlocked to be played.

Played By: 9

Clears: 1

Attempts: 52

Clear Rate: 1.92%

World Record: 16:21.681 (milly!)

Uploaded: 6/15/2020

Shadownin64 said:

I completed my course world that splits the first four worlds of Super Mario Bros. 3 into the 8 worlds available it contains all 38 courses from the first half of the game.

Enter my maker code H1R-X6F-NRF if you want to play Super Mario Bros. 3 for the first time using multiplayer.

I completed your Super World last night.  Great job on recreating all of those courses.  I also played through all of your Hand Trap recreations from SMB3 World 8 and broke the World Record on some of them.  Great stuff.  Thanks for sharing it here.

On Saturday, June 20, 2020, I reached a personally significant milestone as a course creator on Super Mario Maker 2.  I finally crossed the threshold of 500+ Likes and 5,000+ Maker Points.  I have seen other creators that I follow create "Thank You", or "Celebration" courses when they achieve personally significant milestones, and so I wanted to do the same.  Rather than throw together a simple or "Refreshing" course as I have seen, I thought this was a good opportunity to re-upload the first course I ever created in Super Mario Maker on Wii U.  The spirit of the original level remains intact with some aesthetic design additions as well as tweaks to the flagpole sequence.  The most notable addition was a "Hall of Fame" area for thanking the other creators and players who have given me the most support in Super Mario Maker 2 and most helped me achieve these milestones.  Thanks to everyone here at VGChartz who have played and liked or commented on any of my levels whether I named you directly in the "Hall of Fame" or not.

As an additional notation, in further recognition of these recent achievements, I have added a "Milestone" section to the OP.  This section now takes note of the most significant milestones of a courses without having to search through the whole list out of curiosity.

Without further ado, here is the celebration course that I have updated to OP:

Up, Over, or Under (5000MP Party)

Course ID: VY9-PL7-WRG

Description:  Celebrating crossing the 500 Likes and 5000 Maker Points plateau by re-uploading the 1st course that I ever made in Super Mario Maker on Wii U.  This is a very short course featuring 3 different paths to the flagpole.  You have a choice of going Up, Over, or Under as the course name implies.  The first jump can be tricky for those not used to bouncing of enemies to extend jumps, and one of the paths is trolly.  Since this was my first ever level, I was experimenting.  You will notice a free Key at the Start.  You can take this to the end of the course and enter the "Hall of Fame" room where I personally thank 16 different Mario Maker Creators and players for their support of my courses.  Maybe you are featured here?

Played By: 11

Clears: 7

Attempts: 100

Clear Rate: 7.00%

World Record: 0:22.260 (milly!)

Uploaded: 6/21/2020

Last edited by Mandalore76 - on 22 June 2020