By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W7, 2020 (Feb 10 - Feb 16)

SKMBlake said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:
Wow! People are like, "well I guess if I can't have the full Switch, I'll buy this shitty Lite model instead". Only the Ring Fit Adventure people are missing out...again.

That's basically the same console tho

Ring Fit is basically an example on how the two differ: to play Ring Fit you need Joycons and you have to put the Switch out of your hands. So with Lite you have to buy additional Joycons and look at the small built in screen as it is propped up on a table or so, instead of TV (as Lite doesn't connect to TV).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I wonder if some of these buyers who are settling for a Lite in this time of shortages will upgrade to a regular Switch further down the line.

theDX said:
Farsala said:

We will take this section by section...

1. Because it is in the ROTK franchise, a franchise notorious for poor legs especially since it is a 8800 yen game, and it often only charts in top 30 for a week or 2. This is actually good legs in comparison.

2. It is half right now, not accounting digital or PC sales. ROTKXIII is actually on 6 systems vs 2 for ROTKXIV. Clearly the other 4 systems weren't sustainable due to poor sales or projected poor sales in the PS3s case. Since these sales are so good, ROTKXV is pretty much guaranteed and that is all that matters to me.

3. The comparison is ROTK XIII (PS4) LTD sales vs ROTK XIV (PS4) 5 week sales, with ROTKXIV already taking the lead. Surely you know there is a massive difference there.

You say your favorite game has legs without meeting any of the criteria.

You say the sales of your favorite game are good even though they declined by 50% when compared to the previous entry.

And when I call you out on it I get this response.

Clearly you are too personally invested in this so there is no point in discussing this game's sales objectively.

You are the one not discussing this objectively.

Answer me this. "ROTK XIII (PS4) LTD sales vs ROTK XIV (PS4) 5 week sales" What's the difference?

Another answer please. How much are the digital sales and are they stronger in 2020 vs 2016?

Answer 3 please. How much are the PC sales?

With the small amount of info we have ROTKXIV is doing great vs ROTKXIII. It definitely didn't decline by 50% because 1. you don't know digital sales, 2. you don't know PC sales and 3. it is still selling... Common sense.

Last edited by Farsala - on 21 February 2020

curl-6 said:

I wonder if some of these buyers who are settling for a Lite in this time of shortages will upgrade to a regular Switch further down the line.

Certainly a few of them at the very least

Week 5, 2020
Top 20 SW TOTAL: 152.808

Week 6, 2020
Top 20 SW TOTAL: 133.066

Top 7, 2020
Top 20 SW TOTAL: 174.065

Top 5
1) Hatsune Miku: Project Diva MegaMix - 53.606(NEW)
2) Pokemon Sword / Shield - 24.534(+6%)
3) Minecraft - 11.275(+24%)
4) Ring Fit Adventure - 10.238(-56%)
5) Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training for Nintendo Switch - 9.367(-3%)

Week 7, 2019
Top 20 SW TOTAL: 143.231+

TOP 5:
1) New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 30.391(-10%)
2) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 28.156(-2%)
3) Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! - 13.689(-19%)
4) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 11.244(-10%)
5) Minecraft - 10.724(+13%)

Top 8, 2019
Top 20 SW TOTAL: 113.307+

TOP 5:
1) Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 20.623(-27%)
2) New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 20.082(-34%)
3) Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! / Let's Go, Eevee! - 11.563(-16%)
4) Minecraft - 9.444(-12%)
5) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 8.727(-22%)

• Hatsune Miku launch once again allowed Switch to out perform last years software result
  • Ring Fit Adventure & Switch Supply is a thing holding Software sales back this week from an even stronger result
  • Next week Persona 5 Scramble launches and Software Sales are going to be substancially up from last year
  • Animal Crossing is heading to a >1M launch and the end of this quarter
  • Corona Virus is the only negative for the Switch in 2020
Last edited by noshten - on 22 February 2020

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
curl-6 said:

Certainly a few of them at the very least

Hope so, that'd be a nice positive twist to the situation, if this short term drought led to some long term gain. Hopefully the next few months don't get too depressing numbers wise.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 22 February 2020

curl-6 said:

Far probably. So not is corona igniting the sales of the Lite, but also it will most likely make a lot of people buy 2 switch cause they will probably still want the classic version (once there is a price cut or a new model).

So if it doesn't last too long, Nintendo still found a way to win a little out of this situation.

xMetroid said:
curl-6 said:

Far probably. So not is corona igniting the sales of the Lite, but also it will most likely make a lot of people buy 2 switch cause they will probably still want the classic version (once there is a price cut or a new model).

So if it doesn't last too long, Nintendo still found a way to win a little out of this situation.

pretty much. I think they'll upgrade to either a third revision/pricedrop or pro. I'm certainly waiting for a pro while hanging on to my gen 1 switch with less battery time...

Eek, those Tokyo Mirage Session sales. A rerelease pretty much nobody asked for of a game pretty much nobody wanted in the first place.

Not looking too good for SF5 Championship Edition either.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 23 February 2020

curl-6 said:

Eek, those Tokyo Mirage Session sales. A rerelease pretty much nobody asked for of a game pretty much nobody wanted in the first place.

Not looking too good for SF5 Championship Edition either.

I bought the Special Edition on the Wii U and will buy it again for the Switch. I really love the game, especially the combat mechanics. Too bad I'm so much in the minority, because the game is really great.