By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: W7, 2020 (Feb 10 - Feb 16)

kenjab said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

The market has been saying otherwise.  Given the choice most people are spending $100 extra (or equivalent) to get the full Switch version.  If they were basically the same, then people would be buying the cheaper model.  The market is telling us that the Lite version is the ghetto model.

No, the market is saying the full Switch is the better value. That doesn't mean the Lite is ghetto or shitty. It's simply the base model of a great console.  The fact that Lite sales spiked when the full Switch sold out bears that out.

To-MAY-to, To-MAH-to

Around the Network

This might turn well actually, if the shortages are not too long... I am sure that a significant amount of these 63000 Lite buyers could just not wait, and they will probably buy a OG switch when it is available again 3 months later.

People buying the Lite now because the base model ain't available? Also a way to get rid of those stocks, as unintentional as it is...

They moved some to Vietnam to avoid possible us sanctions/ tariffs on Chinese made products

SpokenTruth said:
Nintendo said it moved some production to Thailand (I think it was Thailand) to reduce the impact of the Corona Virus. I'm wondering it was specifically the Switch Lite that was moved. Or is this just overstock getting cleared out?

Yeah I think it's just overstock being cleared

Around the Network
PortisheadBiscuit said:
SpokenTruth said:
Nintendo said it moved some production to Thailand (I think it was Thailand) to reduce the impact of the Corona Virus. I'm wondering it was specifically the Switch Lite that was moved. Or is this just overstock getting cleared out?

Yeah I think it's just overstock being cleared

Damn they will miss their target for this fiscal year, because of the virus.

What the fuck! I thought we will be reaching below 30k but the Switch Lite said NO!
Damn! People are thirsty for the Switch even if it is a Lite! This is certainly interesting

Pocky Lover Boy! 

No wonder I was suprised that they were releasing Coral Switch Lite. Seems like the Stock and Production for Switch Lite are doing fine.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Switch Lite to the rescue; hopefully Nintendo are getting their butts moving with gearing up production outside China as much and as fast as possible.

I hope this corona virus thing passes over soon, regardless of switch sales. So much unnecessary suffering.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also