Forums - General Discussion - Local German(on twitter) gets bored and tries to name all American states.

I can't even do the german bundesländer, even as german, if needed for school, I knew them, if I need to get somewhere, I check and know it for a short time, some days later I already forget them.



Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
If this was any country other than the US I couldn't do as well. I might be ok at Canada, and maybe a bit of Mexico, but I would fail miserably at any other country. I wonder, probably wrongly, if the world knows more US states than Americans know of their states. I also wonder if California might be the most well known state in the world. Again, most of this is probably because of my western (and Californian) bias.

Well there's also Florida, the penis of America.



Signature goes here!

super_etecoon said:
If this was any country other than the US I couldn't do as well. I might be ok at Canada, and maybe a bit of Mexico, but I would fail miserably at any other country. I wonder, probably wrongly, if the world knows more US states than Americans know of their states. I also wonder if California might be the most well known state in the world. Again, most of this is probably because of my western (and Californian) bias.
ruffy37 said:
I can't even do the german bundesländer, even as german, if needed for school, I knew them, if I need to get somewhere, I check and know it for a short time, some days later I already forget them.

Well, give it a try



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

Mnementh said:
super_etecoon said:
If this was any country other than the US I couldn't do as well. I might be ok at Canada, and maybe a bit of Mexico, but I would fail miserably at any other country. I wonder, probably wrongly, if the world knows more US states than Americans know of their states. I also wonder if California might be the most well known state in the world. Again, most of this is probably because of my western (and Californian) bias.
ruffy37 said:
I can't even do the german bundesländer, even as german, if needed for school, I knew them, if I need to get somewhere, I check and know it for a short time, some days later I already forget them.

Well, give it a try

1) South West Germany

2) South East Germany

3) Donut hole

4) Donut

5) Ummm....

6) Uhhh...

Honestly, Bavaria is the only German state I can name but I can't place it on the map.



Signature goes here!

Even people who were born and raised n the US could not name all 50 states correctly without having to google it. I can remember most but once I get east in the New England and such. I'm lost.

Now when an American does a world map...



Bite my shiny metal Cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:

Even people who were born and raised n the US could not name all 50 states correctly without having to google it. I can remember most but once I get east in the New England and such. I'm lost.

Now when an American does a world map...

The Santa killed me. 



I'm Mexican and I think I don't have problems with the American divisions. The smaller states on the East are always tough, however.



TruckOSaurus said:
Mnementh said:

Well, give it a try

1) South West Germany

2) South East Germany

3) Donut hole

4) Donut

5) Ummm....

6) Uhhh...

Honestly, Bavaria is the only German state I can name but I can't place it on the map.

#2.



I think Texas, California And Florida are the most recognizable for people outside of us.

Edit: i guess Alaska and Hawaii too. 



TruckOSaurus said:
Mnementh said:

Well, give it a try

1) South West Germany

2) South East Germany

3) Donut hole

4) Donut

5) Ummm....

6) Uhhh...

Honestly, Bavaria is the only German state I can name but I can't place it on the map.

poor capital city of Germany.