By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarterly Results (Switch 52.48m, Pokemon 16m)

so happy to see Nintendo on top!!!!

Switch will become Nintendo's best selling home console!

Mario Kart 8 could actually hit 30 million on Switch alone.
Zelda could hit 20 million.... That is just insane....

I think the Switch will set a record for Nintendo for most 10+ million sellers.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
GoOnKid said:

YAAAAAY!!!!!

Very casual Running man.... but it actually looks pretty great.
Who is that? is it from a movie?

Katy Perry - Last Friday Night

FarleyMcFirefly said:

I think the Switch will set a record for Nintendo for most 10+ million sellers.

What's the record for 20+ million sellers?

Wii had 7, can't find a number for PS4 that's up to date.

Switch could well have 5 by the end of this year.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

What's the record for 20+ million sellers?

Wii had 7, can't find a number for PS4 that's up to date.

Switch could well have 5 by the end of this year.

The Wii should have that record.

CoD games sell ~25m with each iteration, but that's split between the PS4 and XB1 with the latter taking a high enough share to prevent the PS4 version from getting above 20m. It's possible that there was a CoD game that was more popular than the norm, but aside from that, there would only be GTA V as the guaranteed 20m seller and Red Dead Redemption 2 with a good shot to get there. Uncharted 4 maybe too, but only if it's aggressively bundled for the rest of the PS4's life. Just not enough realistic options there to get more than the Wii's seven.

I reckon Switch can beat that lifetime; MK8, Smash, Odyssey, BOTW, Sword/Shield, the next Pokemon, and Animal Crossing would tie it, if it can pull out just one more...

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

I reckon Switch can beat that lifetime; MK8, Smash, Odyssey, BOTW, Sword/Shield, the next Pokemon, and Animal Crossing would tie it, if it can pull out just one more...

Mario Kart 9, Super Mario Bros. 5, BotW 2, SMO 2, Pokémon gen 4 remake (so something different than Pokémon gen 9 that you mentioned), Switch Sports, Ring Fit Adventure... there you go, another seven games. At least three of those should be made and at least one of them will pull it off.

Ring Fit passing 20 million seems like a bit of a long shot.

Around the Network

Funny how some people think the Switch Lite is a Price cut lol

Pocky Lover Boy! 

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Mario Kart 9, Super Mario Bros. 5, BotW 2, SMO 2, Pokémon gen 4 remake (so something different than Pokémon gen 9 that you mentioned), Switch Sports, Ring Fit Adventure... there you go, another seven games. At least three of those should be made and at least one of them will pull it off.

And I have carefully saved this for later...You looked too much confident lately on other topics, considering that YOU know the truth and other are dumbs. I hate people like this, those who know everything, give lessons to everyone and talk to them like if they were stupid. I have also tested you with a question about Nintendo"s stock where you just answered something empty and incomplete regarding my question, but still with this little tone of : "wait, let me explain you everything, I will teach you how it work."

So be sure I will show this later to remind you how you were wrong in your predictions.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

MK9 isn't coming to Switch 1 in my opinion.

If they even make SMB5, I agree, but I'm doubtful they are making that right now. They already released A game, plus DLC expansion, plus SMM, plus Tropical Freeze. The 2D side scrolling market may be tapped out on Switch and they may wait until Switch 2.

Since I'm doubtful Botw2 will come prior to 2021, I doubt it will have the time to sell like the original before the console winds down in popularity in anticipation of next gen. I'd be curious what the drop in % was from OoT to MM.

If SMO 2 yes, but again I'm doubtful it will happen.

No to Pokemon Remake. Already Let's go and one main game, the Pokemon market will be mostly tapped out I think by that point. Probably still 10-15 mil though.

Ring For shortages are killing it. I don't think it will break even 15 mil.

What is Switch Sports?

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Ring Fit passing 20 million seems like a bit of a long shot.

It is, but never say never. There was a time when nobody thought that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will go beyond 20m, but now it's on pace to hit 30m by the end of 2020.

RFA had a low start because Nintendo was cautious with production (the box of the game is huge and takes a lot of shelf space, so that's something retailers aren't fans of), but word of mouth for RFA is very good, so it can realistically reach shipments of 1m+ in each quarter this year.

Amnesia said:

And I have carefully saved this for later...You looked too much confident lately on other topics, considering that YOU know the truth and other are dumbs. I hate people like this, those who know everything, give lessons to everyone and talk to them like if they were stupid. I have also tested you with a question about Nintendo"s stock where you just answered something empty and incomplete regarding my question, but still with this little tone of : "wait, let me explain you everything, I will teach you how it work."

So be sure I will show this later to remind you how you were wrong in your predictions.

It's understandable that you think that way, because I've strongly disagreed with your posts on this site a lot of times. The tone in my responses to you has been harsh, but that's because I respond in accordance to how other people come across. The tone of your posts is not uncommon to be aggressive, so you'll get responses of the same kind. Basically, if you work on being nicer on this site, people in general will be nicer to you as well.

If you've bookmarked my above post to shove it in my face later, you are in for a disappointment by default because there isn't much of a prediction in there. "Three of the seven games should be made" isn't much of a challenge when one of the games is already released and another one is announced; so there's only 1 out of 5 left to go. "At least one of the seven suggestions will sell 20m+" isn't much of a long shot either.

Dulfite said:

MK9 isn't coming to Switch 1 in my opinion.

If they even make SMB5, I agree, but I'm doubtful they are making that right now. They already released A game, plus DLC expansion, plus SMM, plus Tropical Freeze. The 2D side scrolling market may be tapped out on Switch and they may wait until Switch 2.

Since I'm doubtful Botw2 will come prior to 2021, I doubt it will have the time to sell like the original before the console winds down in popularity in anticipation of next gen. I'd be curious what the drop in % was from OoT to MM.

If SMO 2 yes, but again I'm doubtful it will happen.

No to Pokemon Remake. Already Let's go and one main game, the Pokemon market will be mostly tapped out I think by that point. Probably still 10-15 mil though.

Ring For shortages are killing it. I don't think it will break even 15 mil.

What is Switch Sports?

Switch Sports is a re-interpretation of Wii Sports. Of course not plain tennis, golf, bowling, baseball and boxing, but a continuation of how Wii Sports Resort had already built on the first game. Switch Sports is basically what a properly developed Wii Sports 3 would have been, similar to what Ring Fit Adventure is to Wii Fit. Not the same plain old that people already know, but an evolution of it.

Lol...Ok, good and nice answer. Take care

So with the expansions this year instead of a new game adding to its legs, Sword/Shield looks very likely to end up the second highest selling Pokemon game ever. I guess there really were a lot of folks wanting to be able to play a core Pokemon on a TV.

Also, Astral Chain looks on track to be one of Platinum's most successful games to date, which hopefully will strengthen their relationship with Nintendo going forwards.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 02 February 2020