By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Quarterly Results (Switch 52.48m, Pokemon 16m)

Kai_Mao said:
I wish we could find out the sales of other first party titles like ARMS and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Even though those reached over a million or 2 in sales, they got lost in the sales shuffle when other titles released like Kirby Star Allies, DKC: TF, Super Mario Party, Smash Ultimate, etc.

Yeah, I'd really like to know where games like, say, Yoshi's Crafted World ended up.

Would also be nice to have confirmation on what the third party million sellers they refer to are.

Around the Network

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/200131_2e.pdf

GoOnKid said:
Leynos said:
Astral Chainat 1 million! WOO!

wombat123 said:

I am pleasantry surprised by that.  Based on initial sales and the niche nature of titles developed by Platinum, I thought it would take longer to reach 1m despite the game's great quality.  Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come for Bayonetta 3, No More Heroes 3 and perhaps Astral Chain 2 down the line.

YAAAAAY!!!!!

Very casual Running man.... but it actually looks pretty great.
Who is that? is it from a movie?

JRPGfan said:
GoOnKid said:

YAAAAAY!!!!!

Very casual Running man.... but it actually looks pretty great.
Who is that? is it from a movie?

It should be the videoclip of a song made by Katy Perry if I'm not wrong, but don't remember which one

Zanark best Inazuma Eleven pg

https://venturebeat.com/2020/01/30/nintendo-switch-ps4/

Around the Network
Evilms said:

Switch sales on here are like a Yoyo this past week. NPD releases, adjusted down. Shipment figures released, adjusted up, and now it looks like we're going down again.

Barkley said:
Evilms said:

Switch sales on here are like a Yoyo this past week. NPD releases, adjusted down. Shipment figures released, adjusted up, and now it looks like we're going down again.

yes 48 million sold to consumers (31/12/19)
& 52.48 million distributed to retailers (31/12/19)

RolStoppable said:
trunkswd said:

Thank you. I'm working on adjustments to the figures we know are correct from Nintendo. Currently working on adjusting down Europe. Which we had about 500k too high. We essentially track a lot of the countries separately for Europe. So I'm going in one at a time. I'm also needing to adjust UP Black Friday week as we were about 50k too low in Europe for that week. 

All I want is for VGChartz numbers to be as accurate as possible with the available information. 

Just in case, here are LTD shipments for each region from Nintendo's financial report:

Japan - 12.42m
The Americas - 20.87m
Europe - 13.88m
Other - 5.32m

You've already seen the presentation material from Nintendo, but that didn't have anything for Other in it. Rest of the world is the hardest to get information for, but this should help a little.

Americas include US, Canada and Mexico, right?

RolStoppable said:
AlbiNecroxz said:

Americas include US, Canada and Mexico, right?

Yes, and also everything south of them. The Americas is a plural that covers all possible terms to describe parts of the whole American continent (North America, Central America, South America, Latin America), so it's everything from Canada in the north all the way down to Argentina in the south.

Oh, thanks, I thought Latin and South Americas were included in "Other", guess I was wrong 

Dunno if this has already been posted but Nintendo have posted the split between lite/og switch sales and we can work out from the images the exact breakdown of Lite to OG sales.

Switch Sales (Japan/EU/NA) September 20th 2019 to December 28th 2019

Original - 6.06m  (65.5%)
Lite - 3.19m        (34.5%)

Combined - 9.25m

Switch Sales (Japan/EU/NA) April 1st 2019 to December 28th 2019

Original - 10.64m     (76.9%)
Lite - 3.19m             (23.1%)

Combined - 13.83m

Images with the information below:

Last edited by Barkley - on 31 January 2020