By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

NightlyPoe said:

I ask again, what difference does it make?  What mechanism is there in the EU to stop this disease?  Because it doesn't seem to be helping any of the other countries.

At the very least it proved that the guy is mental. His solution involves letting thousands of weak people die just to lessen the economic burden of the crisis. This is disgusting regardless of your political beliefs.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Mnementh said:

Thanks.

I don't say this is definitely fake, but:

* two people breaking down instead of dying in their bed because of shortness of breath

* apparently both at similar times, because none moved the other

This looks more death from something instantly killing instead of an illness.

So, still would wait on independent confirmation.

Yeah, You are right, indeed. The odds of that happening are zero. A video with intent to scare the west or a sick joke then, that puts my mind at ease about Wuhans hospitals being overrun again and the people being turned away are in some other situation, thank God.

I don't say there is no chance the CCP is covering up stuff or that you should blindly trust the chinese official information. But the source in this case seems iffy.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

NightlyPoe said:
Pyro as Bill said:
New cases down in the UK.

340 new cases yesterday, 230 today. Looks like we've delayed the peak again.

Given the way this works, any actions taken will take at least a week to show any results.  Did anything happen a week ago?

Otherwise, this could either be statistical noise or simply the fact that the day's not over.

Not that I can think of but the spike in the last few days looks like it was due to Spain and if the boost from Spain was going to be contained like China/E Asia, Iran and part of Italy was then the numbers of new cases were expected to decrease about now. 

You're right though, I still think we'll see a bigger jump tomorrow to either partly or totally make up for today's numbers. It could just be because it's a Sunday.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Hiku said:
iron_megalith said:

Have you missed the news about CCP jailing one of the doctors who tried to make an early warning about Corona Virus potentially spreading?

If you scrolled up a bit to the comment Jaicee replied to, you'd see that I mentioned this.

"China, in spite of handling this poorly at the start (trying to cover it up, misrepresenting figures, etc) have seemingly handled this incredibly well.
They opened up several temporary hospitals specifically to handle the corona virus. And yesterday they closed down the last one, because it's no longer needed."

Still doesn't change the fact that Taiwan and Hong Kong are the ones who did a real good job at it.

It took CCP a lot of failed propagandas before they realized they had to get their shit straight, one way or the other, after realizing it's impossible to cover it up. And that's with the help of W.H.O. bootlicking almost every time they can possibly do so.

So why again should we be learning from Mainland China or CCP?

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 15 March 2020

padib said:

Coronavirus: Can herd immunity protect the population.

Answer: Yes, but in a slow manner, as we change our habits and mindset.

For now, isolation will help attenuate the propagation over a longer time to allow health systems to deal with it in a manageable way.

As for why viruses keep being contracted by humans in China, I found this video revealing:

That image of the matches,doctors that think it is comparable with the virus do not have a lot of knowledge of it.

It just is a random dumb facebooklike post for the likes.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I do think China is underreporting the deathtoll of the virus on their country,if you look at their infected/death ratio compared to other countries then something seems a bit off for such a dense populated area like China.

It'd be great if we had a verified scource confirming these stories but we don't and have to take them with a grain of salt and rule bias or malice against the CCP. I fon't speak Chinese but since January a good chunk of what I've seen coming out on Twitter like this turned out to be true and later confirmed, much of it not confirmed but little of it 100% debunked. The story of reinfections of the recovered in China fron weeks ago is only today being confirmed by scources outside China so there is at least somr truth to these rumors if they aren't 100% true. 

I question it and i do hope i'm wrong,there is indeed always truth in most things.

last92 said:
NightlyPoe said:

I ask again, what difference does it make?  What mechanism is there in the EU to stop this disease?  Because it doesn't seem to be helping any of the other countries.

At the very least it proved that the guy is mental. His solution involves letting thousands of weak people die just to lessen the economic burden of the crisis. This is disgusting regardless of your political beliefs.

No it isn't. The plan is to isolate the weak while the rest of us get it.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Anyone living in or near Haboken New Jersey? Curious how that area is doing with the 10pm-5am curfew and shutting down most things.

US already has more new cases than yesterday and a lot of states have yet to give their updated numbers.

California just closed all bars and clubs. Requiring distracting for restaurants.