By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

John2290 said:
They started opening the sealed apartments in China to, apparently, hoards of dead. Who would have thought locking people in with no local community help would result in this.

Source?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
John2290 said:
They started opening the sealed apartments in China to, apparently, hoards of dead. Who would have thought locking people in with no local community help would result in this.

Source?

While it's certainly feasible - there are reliable reports of elderly people dying from lack of care in the aftermath of hurricanes, tsunamis etc. - we should also take some care when it comes to reports like these. It isn't because we're talking about an authoritarian government that every negative news about them will be truthful or not exaggerated.

For instance, virtually everything we know from North Korea comes from a couple of right-wing South Korean tabloids who sometimes make up things like "Kim Jong Un killed his uncle with anti-aircraft guns". And western newspapers and news sites gobble it up everytime.

And something like this for sure plays into the mindset of people who may have watched a video about China where, say, someone is dying in the street and no one cares etc. and thinks this will certainly be the case for all elderly people who had to be isolated.

Oh, seemingly people think this is a zombie-virus:

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

haxxiy said:
Folks: do not take ibuprofen if you get sick. Evidence is increasingly showing that it makes it easier for the virus to spread and actively managed cases worse. Germany uses metamizole, but France and Italy's healthcare system don't, and perhaps this is why the results are there for all to see. Unsure yet if acetaminophen and aspirin will have the same effect.

Kinda sucks because i sometimes need that to avoid extreme nervepains that make me unable to walk for days whenever they come up,the pain is compared to the worst pain possible of giving birth but without the building up so i do not know what would be worse for me but whenever the nervepains hit me i can only fall down on the ground and yell because it is pure torture and afterwards it takes me days to be able to stand again.

Out of fear i might just take the ibuprofen but i do think i have a good immunesystem so yeah.

John2290 said:
Mnementh said:

Source?

It was all over my feed on twitter not 4 hours ago but now I can't find a thing nor can I from searches, not sure if this is a scrub and google won't show anything. Twitter app doesn't hold viewing history but thankfully I followed one person who was reporting it and this is the only way I can get to the information after 15 minutes of attempted searches, maybe english search words are the problem...  Take a look at Jennifer Zeng 曾錚 (@jenniferatntd): https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd?s=09 ... If you scroll down you can see the video of one home where a group died, I do not recommend watching them nor any of her reporting on Wuhans second wave that is apparently taking place. It's terrifying. 

I do think China is underreporting the deathtoll of the virus on their country,if you look at their infected/death ratio compared to other countries then something seems a bit off for such a dense populated area like China.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Mnementh said:

Source?

It was all over my feed on twitter not 4 hours ago but now I can't find a thing nor can I from searches, not sure if this is a scrub and google won't show anything. Twitter app doesn't hold viewing history but thankfully I followed one person who was reporting it and this is the only way I can get to the information after 15 minutes of attempted searches, maybe english search words are the problem...  Take a look at Jennifer Zeng 曾錚 (@jenniferatntd): https://twitter.com/jenniferatntd?s=09 ... If you scroll down you can see the video of one home where a group died, I do not recommend watching them nor any of her reporting on Wuhans second wave that is apparently taking place. It's terrifying and may (hopefully) not be true, I can't verify the subtitles or this womans feed. 

I can't find the video you're talking about, because she is tweeting a lot. But looking at her blog, her Youtube and her general tweets - she seems like a chinese Alex Jones.

I mean, look at this: https://www.jenniferzengblog.com/home/4-key-proteins-of-covid19-have-been-replaced-which-can-precisely-attack-chinese

Experts can conclude from genome analysis, that this virus isn't from a lab, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhk-9OcrU

She also retweets Epoch Times, which is known to spread misinformation. Citing Wikipedia on Epoch Times: "The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda."

So yeah, I would take information from that source with a lot of caution. It may still be valid and true, but probably should expect a confirmation from a better source.

Mnementh said:

Oh, seemingly people think this is a zombie-virus:

Okay this beats the stupidity of our weed lines.

konnichiwa said:

Rest of the world....We need Toiletpaper!!

In Amsterdam...(we need our Weed!)

Ah, memories. I used to get my weed there when I still lived in Amstelveen. It's delivered by mail in Ontario. As long as the gas stations are still open (which doubles as a post office) we'll be fine. (You have to sign for the packages and show ID) ocs.ca progress :)

New cases down in the UK.

340 new cases yesterday, 230 today. Looks like we've delayed the peak again.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

John2290 said:
Mnementh said:

I can't find the video you're talking about, because she is tweeting a lot. But looking at her blog, her Youtube and her general tweets - she seems like a chinese Alex Jones.

I mean, look at this: https://www.jenniferzengblog.com/home/4-key-proteins-of-covid19-have-been-replaced-which-can-precisely-attack-chinese

Experts can conclude from genome analysis, that this virus isn't from a lab, for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfBhk-9OcrU

She also retweets Epoch Times, which is known to spread misinformation. Citing Wikipedia on Epoch Times: "The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda."

So yeah, I would take information from that source with a lot of caution. It may still be valid and true, but probably should expect a confirmation from a better source.

Yeah, I take everything coming out of China with caution but when there is videos it lessens the probability that it is BS. This is the video

Thanks.

I don't say this is definitely fake, but:

* two people breaking down instead of dying in their bed because of shortness of breath

* apparently both at similar times, because none moved the other

This looks more death from something instantly killing instead of an illness.

So, still would wait on independent confirmation.