By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

JRPGfan said:

+10,109 new daily cases in Florida!

What do you guys think? will we see 15-20k pr day in flordia within a few weeks time?
Also 4th of july soon, then 3-4 days get sick after being infected, and get tested.
Currently florida is up 49% week on week, supposedly. So potentially next week there could be 15,000+ daily cases.

New York peaked at 11.5K cases. Florida might top that this week or next week.

Around the Network
craighopkins said:
The mark of the Beast is coming. Get your soul saved. Its Gods will. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

But stay out of churches, they are massive infection hotspots, like giant Petri dishes

SvennoJ said:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/people-in-alabama-are-throwing-covid-19-parties-with-a-payout-when-one-gets-infected-official-1.5007903

Some young people in Alabama are throwing COVID-19 parties, a disturbing competition where people who have coronavirus attend and the first person to get infected receives a payout, local officials said.

The parties are being held in Tuscaloosa, and infected people are urged to attend so others can intentionally contract the virus, City Council member Sonya McKinstry told CNN. She said she heard about the trend from fire officials.

"We thought that was kind of a rumors at first. We did some research, not only do the doctors' offices confirm it, but the state confirmed they also had the same information," she said.

During a presentation to the City Council this week, Fire Chief Randy Smith also said young people in the city are throwing parties with a payout if they catch coronavirus, McKinstry said. The first person confirmed by a doctor to have coronavirus after the exposure wins the money made off the ticket sales, she said. Over the past few weeks, there have been several parties in the city and surrounding areas, and probably more that officials don't know about, she added.

2 hands are officially not enough for facepalming this bullshit!

SpokenTruth said:

7/2 Charts:

My goodness the US has really shot itself in the foot.  57k cases in 1 day.

Also, I've recently had to remove way more nations/territories than I have added from the No Active Cases list.

Yeah, it's like the USA couldn't stand Brazil topping them in cases and now they are having a race who can be the worst.
USA is ahead of Brazil atm but we'll see this evening who wins record friday. The world was already over 200K on Thursday :/

I'll post an update this evening, Australia, Japan, Israel are all heading back up. Australia 254 new cases today, ouch.

Others that are still growing and getting big

Colombia over 3K per day
Bangladesh breached 4K per day
Argentina getting closer to 3K per day
Iraq over 2K per day
Indonesia passing 1.5K per day
Kazakhstan spike pushing them over 1K per day
Oman over 1K per day
Ecuador went back to growth over 1K per day

And there are many that stopped the growth but aren't getting anywhere.
Israel perfectly shows the classic second wave coming up after re-openings :/

Got the results and i tested negative for corona virus so goodies !

Bofferbrauer2 said:
craighopkins said:
The mark of the Beast is coming. Get your soul saved. Its Gods will. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

But stay out of churches, they are massive infection hotspots, like giant Petri dishes

But covid19 is over tho

https://youtu.be/zi_qX50zv7k?t=35

Around the Network

Asia now with more confirmed cases than Europe. South America will follow in one or two days (depending on how much they track over the weekend).

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canada-u-s-excluded-from-britain-s-new-quarantine-free-travel-list-1.5009657

Aww shucks. Thanks rather, I don't want anyone to travel to the UK and back anyway.
14 day quarantine is still required here until August 31st for returning travelers with fines up to $750,000 and/or 6 month in prison if ignored.
Borders are still closed to foreigners until July 31st. (USA July 21st but will likely be extended again)

There are still plenty people here that simply don't get it
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/popular-ontario-beach-partially-closing-after-human-behaviour-at-its-worst-on-canada-day-1.5008748

And the inconsistencies continue. Today I saw a father taking his 2 little kids into a store, why bring them in the first place, but they had face masks on, good job dad. However he didn't wear a face mask himself.... So what's the point! /bang head against wall.

Ontario is still doing ok for now. One new local case in the past week, avg for the province down to 160 per day. The big question is, do younger people go to get tested as much / are they as watchful for mild symptoms. Even without symptoms you can kill:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/he-posted-his-regrets-over-attending-a-party-in-california-the-next-day-he-died-of-coronavirus-1.5007964
A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said.

He was 51 with diabetes, was careful but after restrictions eased up allowed himself to go out once to socialize.

Barozi said:
Asia now with more confirmed cases than Europe.
South America will follow in one or two days (depending on how much they track over the weekend).

I had to check to confirm that, didnt think it would be like that.

Your right.... . asia tab shows ~52,000 dail cases (india is 22k), vs europe's ~12,000 (~6800 of that from russia).

"South America will follow in one or two days"
Yesterday:
South america = ~64,000  (brazil was like 48,000 cases).   Europe = ~13,500 (~6800 of that from russia)

or do you mean Asian will soon have more daily cases than south america?
Guess it depends on how fast it grows in india.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 03 July 2020

I wonder at what level South Africa will peak. They are currently following a very clear upwards trend recently. They will reach 10k daily soon.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/south-africa/

Last edited by Barozi - on 03 July 2020

JRPGfan said:
Barozi said:
Asia now with more confirmed cases than Europe.
South America will follow in one or two days (depending on how much they track over the weekend).

I had to check to confirm that, didnt think it would be like that.

Your right.... . asia tab shows ~52,000 dail cases (india is 22k), vs europe's ~12,000 (~6800 of that from russia).

"South America will follow in one or two days"
Yesterday:
South america = ~64,000  (brazil was like 48,000 cases).   Europe = ~13,500 (~6800 of that from russia)

or do you mean Asian will soon have more daily cases than south america?
Guess it depends on how fast it grows in india.

No my statement is all about total confirmed cases.

Asia just passed Europe today (2.47m vs. 2.45m) and South America (2.38m) will overtake Europe in one or two days as well.

EDIT: South America is also adding more numbers each day than Asia, so they will overtake them as well within the next 10-14 days.

Last edited by Barozi - on 03 July 2020