By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

JRPGfan said:
Wow.... over 30 million people have now filed for unemployment in the USA over the past 6 weeks.
Supposedly thats like 1 out of 5 workers in the USA that is now unemployed

Don't worry, their robust social security system and a $1000 check every few months will save them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

the Capital(county) Stockholm in Sweden stand for 53% of all deaths so far here while having 23% of the total population.

While the county I live in with 17% of the total population stand for 8.5%

Stockholm really is our version of New york

Last edited by Naum - on 01 May 2020

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Barozi said:
SvennoJ said:

Is that for the entire UK? I thought we were slow on testing :/ This is the current total for Ontario (population 14.6 million)

277,522 total tests (11,859 pending)
16,187 confirmed, 1,082 deceased.

Since Ontario has 22% of the population of the UK, would compare to 1,258,288 total tests for 66.7 million.

Well yeah they conducted between 15k and 25k tests a day for weeks which was terribly low. I think it was 50k yesterday and 80k today so they made a huge jump. The UK also targets 100k tests a day so if they can reach that they will be one of the top performing countries in that regard. However, it would still take some time to catch up to in total numbers.

To put it in perspective, the UK was at 820k total tests yesterday and with 82k tests a day they can double the totals in only 10 days.

Is there much point in testing during lockdown?

The Gov was aiming for 100k tests/day (hit 122k today) for when contact tracing is rolled out.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:
Barozi said:

Well yeah they conducted between 15k and 25k tests a day for weeks which was terribly low. I think it was 50k yesterday and 80k today so they made a huge jump. The UK also targets 100k tests a day so if they can reach that they will be one of the top performing countries in that regard. However, it would still take some time to catch up to in total numbers.

To put it in perspective, the UK was at 820k total tests yesterday and with 82k tests a day they can double the totals in only 10 days.

The Gov was aiming for 100k tests/day (hit 122k today) for when contact tracing is rolled out.

Well the numbers are misleading since they only hit their target because they were changing counting criteria.

Apparently it's now enough to send out testing kits to people at home and other satellite locations even though none of them have been analyzed.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/quality-and-performance/revealed-how-government-changed-the-rules-to-hit-100000-tests-target/7027544.article

And yes of course it's important to keep testing during lockdown. You can still infect others in supermarkets or at your workplace.

JRPGfan said:
Wow.... over 30 million people have now filed for unemployment in the USA over the past 6 weeks.
Supposedly thats like 1 out of 5 workers in the USA that is now unemployed

*gasp* Im so surprised!

Who would have thought this would happen?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
Barozi said:

How would testing be irrelevant to let those who are infected know about it? We don't talk about a full lockdown for everyone with food delivered to your home by the military. 

Barozi said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Well the numbers are misleading since they only hit their target because they were changing counting criteria.

Apparently it's now enough to send out testing kits to people at home and other satellite locations even though none of them have been analyzed.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/quality-and-performance/revealed-how-government-changed-the-rules-to-hit-100000-tests-target/7027544.article

And yes of course it's important to keep testing during lockdown. You can still infect others in supermarkets or at your workplace.

It was still 72k without the 50k that were posted and we had 30k leftover from yesterday because tons of testing sites weren't being used or were well under capacity.

I'm not saying testing during lockdown is useless just that there's not as much need if 90% of the population are locked down and tests were only for symptomatic people and anyone showing symptoms should be self isolating anyway.

crissindahouse said:
Pyro as Bill said:

How would testing be irrelevant to let those who are infected know about it? We don't talk about a full lockdown for everyone with food delivered to your home by the military. 

Why do people need to know they've had it? It's not like they need to get back to work. Healthcare staff and other key workers do and they got tested.

The rest of us can wait for the antibody tests.

According to Tegnell( the "expert" one ) in Sweden say we are now at R 0.85 wich means everyone who gets the virus give it to less then 1 person

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

DB