By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

John2290 said:
Poor Sweden, their medical and science advisory really fucked them.

I dont see it that way at all right now... the only place in Sweden they should make more restriction is in Stockholm.. the rest of us hasnt been hit hard att all

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Is there much point in testing during lockdown?

The Gov was aiming for 100k tests/day (hit 122k today) for when contact tracing is rolled out.

Well I assume a lot of the testing is for people that are actually sick. So in that case, yes it's still worth knowing whether it is covid19, or just a regular cold/flu.

Why? If you have symptoms you should be isolating regardless.

If you're a key worker then obviously knowing whether or not you can continue doing your essential job is important and that's why they had priority testing if they showed symptoms.

Everyone else can chill the fuck out and take the antibody test in 21 days which will give them a more accurate result than the covid test.

My brother just wasted a test because he was offered one and took it because he felt a bit dehydrated. It came back negative.

We need to save them so we have as many as possible available for track n trace.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Great website here showing the evolution of the virus.

https://nextstrain.org/ncov/global

Shows how the 'UK strain' and 'Belgian strain' infected Europe.

Brussels strain v British strain. It's like Brexit in virus form.

Social distancing report for today:

I had to get tick medicine for the dog, call ahead to the vet, paid online, drove over to the parking lot, quick call to let them know I was there. They carried it out while wearing a face mask, put it on the wall. I pick it up and go. A+

Then to the pool store to get salt for both the pool and water softener. Park and walk up to the window, order 4 bags of salt, they stick the credit card machine out, I hold my card close, beep. Then load the 4 bags myself from pallets around the side. A+

On the way back I see a bunch of people queuing for the bank, all 2 meters apart some with face masks on, wait outside until the next person gets called in. A. (Why not do it online?)

In the afternoon I went out for a run and saw some people along the way. While I avoided them no problem, kids playing together unsupervised didn't seem to be from the same family, B. Teenagers fishing together, also not the same family, C. Five Teenagers in swim gear and towels at the river together, F.

I also saw 10 deer along the way, there were still empty places in the forest, but it's still more 'crowded' than it was before the crisis.

I wonder if teenagers realize that extending the crisis is only worse for them in the long run...

SvennoJ said:

I had to get tick medicine for the dog, call ahead to the vet, paid online, drove over to the parking lot, quick call to let them know I was there. They carried it out while wearing a face mask, put it on the wall. I pick it up and go. A+

Then to the pool store to get salt for both the pool and water softener. Park and walk up to the window, order 4 bags of salt, they stick the credit card machine out, I hold my card close, beep. Then load the 4 bags myself from pallets around the side. A+

On the way back I see a bunch of people queuing for the bank, all 2 meters apart some with face masks on, wait outside until the next person gets called in. A. (Why not do it online?)

In the afternoon I went out for a run and saw some people along the way. While I avoided them no problem, kids playing together unsupervised didn't seem to be from the same family, B. Teenagers fishing together, also not the same family, C. Five Teenagers in swim gear and towels at the river together, F.

I also saw 10 deer along the way, there were still empty places in the forest, but it's still more 'crowded' than it was before the crisis.

I wonder if teenagers realize that extending the crisis is only worse for them in the long run...

Yeah i had that same problem with teaching safety to young people at my work,me being very serious about and them just kinda joking:p

Around the Network
John2290 said:

Have you guys seen any good explanations as to why Northern Ireland is faring better than the Republic even though they locked down later along with the rest of the UK?

Be interesting to know how each country tried to protect the most vulnerable and how successful they were.

John2290 said:

Hey John, there is a report here in the USA that we could be dealing with this virus for 2 more years.  Isn't that nuts man?  Talk about WW3.

SvennoJ said:

Teenagers and kids are fine. I read that there is only a single confirmed case of someone catching it directly from another person outdoors.It's the vulnerable who need to be protected and make the biggest changes to their way of life. Nobody under 9 has died from Covid in the UK. Two have died from domestic abuse. I think the schools need to open.

Entering Flu season in the southern hemisphere and had to get a Flu shot as it's become law that you are not to enter into aged facilities without one... And one of my rescue response areas includes multiple aged care facilities.

Plus it reduces the risk of contracting Corona and the Flu at the same time, reducing the health impact significantly.

Day 10 in a row. No new cases for the entire state, no one is in intensive care anymore, thousand of tests still being rolled out daily, everyone is upbeat and casual about it all.

Thought this was hilarious, so will leave it here:

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pyro as Bill said:
SvennoJ said:

Teenagers and kids are fine. I read that there is only a single confirmed case of someone catching it directly from another person outdoors.It's the vulnerable who need to be protected and make the biggest changes to their way of life. Nobody under 9 has died from Covid in the UK. Two have died from domestic abuse. I think the schools need to open.

Sure, almost all teenagers will be fine, but not the older people (like their parents) they get in contact with. There is no evidence that young people can't spread the virus. The fact is, that despite all the measures, the virus is still alive and well after 6 weeks. Stores, work places and adults are doing a good job at safety measures and social distancing as far as I can see, yet somewhere the virus can still find room to keep going.

It does look like Ontario is finally starting to head back down, however Quebec just had another spike

(Canada dark red, Quebec blue, Ontario green, Alberta yellow, BC bright red)
The reported deaths doesn't seem to have peaked yet either, only BC is doing well.
My local county discovered another new case, days since no infected counter still at zero.

The longer it takes, the longer before we can restart the economy, the worse the recession, the more school missed, the worse the future is for those graduating soon.