By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

xl-klaudkil said:

Almost 700 more dead in italy more the 6000 new cases!

Edit! 793 dead, 6500+ extra cases.

If that happened each day it would lead to almost 300k deaths in one year. Crazy.

Around the Network

It's really quite disheartening to see the numbers in Italy continue to rise every day, despite the fact they've been in lockdown for quite some time now. Hopefully the can round the corner on this thing soon.

Barozi said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Almost 700 more dead in italy more the 6000 new cases!

Edit! 793 dead, 6500+ extra cases.

If that happened each day it would lead to almost 300k deaths in one year. Crazy.

546 of that 793 come from one region Lombardy which only has a population of 10 million.  The mayor of Bergamo in Lombardy says the number of deaths is 4 times what is being reported.  New York and California are going to have higher numbers than this.

Last edited by rapsuperstar31 - on 21 March 2020

Angelus said:
It's really quite disheartening to see the numbers in Italy continue to rise every day, despite the fact they've been in lockdown for quite some time now. Hopefully the can round the corner on this thing soon.

12 days (on avg?) incubation time.

The spread is always 12days behinde, so the numbers your seeing now are from people already infected long ago.
Them being in "lockdown" doesnt help, until they past the incubation time.

Hopefully 5 days from now, the rate of new cases in italy should drop (compaired to how fast their climbing now).

Ofc thats only if the "lockdown" works, and people are takeing special care, not to get themselves infected or spread it to others.

Same thing will happend in USA.
New york city will keep getting new cases of infected, at higher and higher rates for another 12days, after its lockdown.

Today in Italy have been done 30K tests(+15K tha the average of the past days), so obviously despite a growing tend, it seems more linear than we perceive and expect (Fortunately the effects of the 9-March blockade are arriving); furthermore the number of ICU beds in public hospitals have been raised in one week from 5K to 8K, and there are other 2K from private hospitals... so the only remaining problem is when the number of daily new active cases will start to decrease, especially in Lombardy...

Around the Network

500k party next weekend?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

John2290 said:
Marth said:
Congratulations everyone we hit 300k, well done!

I updated the tab. Went from 277 to 300k and 2000 deaths and I' sure I only updated it last night. I'm going to grab whiskey tomorrow while I'm grabbing some coal and I'm going to get plastered. So plastered, I'll be worrying if I have the Virus for the next week. 

Edit. 301,552. 1k in the space of 2 minutes. We're in it now. 

still the early phases, most places in the world, so that number is likely to keep climbing for months to come.

kirby007 said:
500k party next weekend?

First too 100,000 confirmed infected race?

If you where a betting man, would you put it on italy?
or does the week headstart of the quantine, slow it enough, that america has a chance to catch up?
China is soooo close, but things seem to have come to a crawl there, their runner is unlikely to be first across the finish line.

*edit:
Depressing numbers already imo.
I really hope that medicine cocktail mix works, and theres enough of it, in the western world to curve some of all the deaths to come.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 21 March 2020

india likely has passed it already

edit: let me clarify, i dont trust the numbers

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Hiku said:
SvennoJ said:

[04] Iran: 1.00

Are Iran still overwhelmed if it stays at this consistent level?

Iran asked the Trunp admin to drop sanctions but Pompeo said that they can still recieve humanitarian aid. Unfortunately most countries are already tying their hardes to fight the virus that Iran has to wait for other countries to get rhings indee control.