Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

You concerned yet?

Yes 85 48.02%
 
No, but I will be followi... 50 28.25%
 
No, its being overblown 42 23.73%
 
Total:177
NightlyPoe said:

I ask again, what difference does it make?  What mechanism is there in the EU to stop this disease?  Because it doesn't seem to be helping any of the other countries.

At the very least it proved that the guy is mental. His solution involves letting thousands of weak people die just to lessen the economic burden of the crisis. This is disgusting regardless of your political beliefs.



Around the Network
Mnementh said:
John2290 said:

Yeah, I take everything coming out of China with caution but when there is videos it lessens the probability that it is BS. This is the video

Thanks.

I don't say this is definitely fake, but:

* two people breaking down instead of dying in their bed because of shortness of breath

* apparently both at similar times, because none moved the other

This looks more death from something instantly killing instead of an illness.

So, still would wait on independent confirmation.

Yeah, You are right, indeed. The odds of that happening are zero. A video with intent to scare the west or a sick joke then, that puts my mind at ease about Wuhans hospitals being overrun again and the people being turned away are in some other situation, thank God.



 

China Numba wan!!

John2290 said:
Mnementh said:

Thanks.

I don't say this is definitely fake, but:

* two people breaking down instead of dying in their bed because of shortness of breath

* apparently both at similar times, because none moved the other

This looks more death from something instantly killing instead of an illness.

So, still would wait on independent confirmation.

Yeah, You are right, indeed. The odds of that happening are zero. A video with intent to scare the west or a sick joke then, that puts my mind at ease about Wuhans hospitals being overrun again and the people being turned away are in some other situation, thank God.

I don't say there is no chance the CCP is covering up stuff or that you should blindly trust the chinese official information. But the source in this case seems iffy.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

NightlyPoe said:
Pyro as Bill said:
New cases down in the UK.

340 new cases yesterday, 230 today. Looks like we've delayed the peak again.

Given the way this works, any actions taken will take at least a week to show any results.  Did anything happen a week ago?

Otherwise, this could either be statistical noise or simply the fact that the day's not over.

Not that I can think of but the spike in the last few days looks like it was due to Spain and if the boost from Spain was going to be contained like China/E Asia, Iran and part of Italy was then the numbers of new cases were expected to decrease about now. 

You're right though, I still think we'll see a bigger jump tomorrow to either partly or totally make up for today's numbers. It could just be because it's a Sunday.



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Hiku said:
iron_megalith said:

Have you missed the news about CCP jailing one of the doctors who tried to make an early warning about Corona Virus potentially spreading?

If you scrolled up a bit to the comment Jaicee replied to, you'd see that I mentioned this.

"China, in spite of handling this poorly at the start (trying to cover it up, misrepresenting figures, etc) have seemingly handled this incredibly well.
They opened up several temporary hospitals specifically to handle the corona virus. And yesterday they closed down the last one, because it's no longer needed."

Still doesn't change the fact that Taiwan and Hong Kong are the ones who did a real good job at it.

It took CCP a lot of failed propagandas before they realized they had to get their shit straight, one way or the other, after realizing it's impossible to cover it up. And that's with the help of W.H.O. bootlicking almost every time they can possibly do so.

So why again should we be learning from Mainland China or CCP?

Last edited by iron_megalith - on 15 March 2020

Around the Network
padib said:

Coronavirus: Can herd immunity protect the population.

Answer: Yes, but in a slow manner, as we change our habits and mindset.

For now, isolation will help attenuate the propagation over a longer time to allow health systems to deal with it in a manageable way.

As for why viruses keep being contracted by humans in China, I found this video revealing:

What are they going to do when there is millions of people lining up for hospital beds and hundreds of thousands in need of an ICU, if not a million or two, or three depending on what infection rate you go by. Where are they going to pull the hospital staff from or the equipment, out their fucking arses? I'd facepalm if i wasn't trying to train myself in restraint on face touching. It's hundreds of thousands of dead and they'll likely have them in the most unmanagable way they could have set it out next to doing nothing. 



 

China Numba wan!!

padib said:

Coronavirus: Can herd immunity protect the population.

Answer: Yes, but in a slow manner, as we change our habits and mindset.

For now, isolation will help attenuate the propagation over a longer time to allow health systems to deal with it in a manageable way.

As for why viruses keep being contracted by humans in China, I found this video revealing:

That image of the matches,doctors that think it is comparable with the virus do not have a lot of knowledge of it.

It just is a random dumb facebooklike post for the likes.



John2290 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

I do think China is underreporting the deathtoll of the virus on their country,if you look at their infected/death ratio compared to other countries then something seems a bit off for such a dense populated area like China.

It'd be great if we had a verified scource confirming these stories but we don't and have to take them with a grain of salt and rule bias or malice against the CCP. I fon't speak Chinese but since January a good chunk of what I've seen coming out on Twitter like this turned out to be true and later confirmed, much of it not confirmed but little of it 100% debunked. The story of reinfections of the recovered in China fron weeks ago is only today being confirmed by scources outside China so there is at least somr truth to these rumors if they aren't 100% true. 

I question it and i do hope i'm wrong,there is indeed always truth in most things.



John2290 said:

The more cautious approach would have been taken, or at least more likely. I don't think they have the strength of economy to do that so the are taking but it's only my opinion, which accounts for Jack shit at the end of the day. 

I'm sorry, but that doesn't answer the question.  What do you mean by more cautious approach?  Last I checked, while the British economy was stalling a bit, it was hardly in dire shape.  Not enough to adjust the response to this anyway.

last92 said:

At the very least it proved that the guy is mental. His solution involves letting thousands of weak people die just to lessen the economic burden of the crisis. This is disgusting regardless of your political beliefs.

While I am not up on the British response and any mistakes that might have been made, I am quite confident that what you say is a gross mischaracterization.



last92 said:
NightlyPoe said:

I ask again, what difference does it make?  What mechanism is there in the EU to stop this disease?  Because it doesn't seem to be helping any of the other countries.

At the very least it proved that the guy is mental. His solution involves letting thousands of weak people die just to lessen the economic burden of the crisis. This is disgusting regardless of your political beliefs.

No it isn't. The plan is to isolate the weak while the rest of us get it.



Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!