By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread

jason1637 said:
Nautilus said:

Total cases of corona virus(the official numbers at least) is 196k cases, 80k recovered and 8k death.

How is that most people?

We were talking about American numbers.

But you are looking at an anomaly.Using the data from the whole world will give you a far more precise idea on how this virus will behave in terms of survivability.

Plus I am sure that the data given is like the tip of the icebern in terms of the actual situation.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
jason1637 said:

We were talking about American numbers.

But you are looking at an anomaly.Using the data from the whole world will give you a far more precise idea on how this virus will behave in terms of survivability.

Plus I am sure that the data given is like the tip of the icebern in terms of the actual situation.

He mentioned Ameeican numbers for thebflu so i gave the American numbers for the virus to show its more dangerous than the flu.

SuperRetroTurbo said:
The flu and pneumonia have killed 20,000 people in the US just this year alone. 2 and a half months. Colt45virus has killed 80.

Just sayin...

Again? How many people actually don't get exponential growth?

The point is, you either stop it with far less victims than the flu, or it spreads uncontained to far more. There is not really a middleground. Because exponential growth sneaks up on you.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

jason1637 said:
Nautilus said:

He mentioned Ameeican numbers for thebflu so i gave the American numbers for the virus to show its more dangerous than the flu.

You compared an incomplete data, skewed because of the lack of number of tests, versus one that already happeneed and it's well documented.

Let's wait a few months until we say which disease is more dangerous.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Plus the 432 cases the governor gave earlier today. That's 602 NYS total cases so far today.

NJ is also spiking in cases

Around the Network

It was 80 now is 101 deaths in the USA and sadly a lot more people will die from it.

haxxiy said:
SvennoJ said:

China is still getting new cases, it's not going to stop. Total lock down won't be necessary when the numbers get under control, but social distancing will need to be maintained until a vaccine or cure is ready. How moderate will be effective enough remains to be seen.

China had literally 1 non-imported case today. It can be done.

But how exactly are they now managing it. Is life back to normal? Does everyone get tested that gets into the country? Is social distancing still in effect?

Going back to normal means imported cases slip through again and the cycle starts over. There are indications that you can already pass it on before showing symptoms yourself, you would need to test everyone or make everyone self isolate when entering the country, or indeed get the whole world on lock down for a month to make sure it dies out. The previous system to isolate when symptoms show up and trace contacts got us into the current mess.

I'm just a bit worried about people thinking it's all over when numbers start declining and then go back to globe trotting as usual.

Anyway it will be a while until that happens, so far the world wide growth in daily cases is still continuing despite some countries having put a pause on testing probable cases that are self isolated already. As well as not having enough capacity to test like here in Ontario

Meanwhile, Yaffe said Public Health Ontario was working to overcome an earlier shortage of COVID-19 testing swabs and engineer faster ways to administer tests.

So far, the Public Health Ontario lab in Toronto has increased its daily testing capacity to 2,000 people, up from 1,000, and is working to increase to 5,000 tests per day.

Ontario’s soon to be operational total of 31 COVID-19 testing centres will also be adopting uniform testing criteria, taking samples from anyone who shows symptoms.

Numerous reports have emerged of people reporting to assessment centres and being turned away, either due to age or lack of a travel history abroad.

Most cases here are still travel related but there is evidence of some community spread. Nothing yet in my town, but all the cities around me have numerous cases. 184 total now in Ontario, 479 in Canada. Still quite benign here, but how many undetected cases is the question. If you don't test for community spread, you're not going to find it either...

Chicho said:

It was 80 now is 101 deaths in the USA and sadly a lot more people will die from it.

102 deaths out of 6,137 infected in the US.

~1,66% of confirmed infected so far in the US have died from it.

Atleast its begone to be taken seriously now by alot of nations.
Howfully its soon dealth with and spread slows to near nothing.

if China can beat this, so can the rest of the world.

haxxiy said:
SvennoJ said:

China is still getting new cases, it's not going to stop. Total lock down won't be necessary when the numbers get under control, but social distancing will need to be maintained until a vaccine or cure is ready. How moderate will be effective enough remains to be seen.

China had literally 1 non-imported case today. It can be done.

If their really strict with testing all those comeing into the country.... a week or two from now, it could be near gone from china.
Which is kinda amasing.

All shops and restaurants are closed in Switzerland until April 19. Only shops for food, gas stations, banks and post offices are open. Borders to all neighbour countries are closed (Italy, Germany, France, Austria). The air is dirty. Definitely not natural. I haven't expected this a week ago. What a gigantic test. Who's the winner? The pharmaceutical industry - the biggest industry on earth.

But COVID-19 should be only the beginning. We should see the second wave COVID-20 in autumn/winter, the main season for all flus. Then we get a vaccination which makes even more people ill. History repeats. Just read about the Spanish flu.

Always ask yourself: Cui bono? To whom is it a benefit?

SpokenTruth said:
The US has seen 1,496 new cases since I updated the numbers on my chart last night.

This is shocking! And it isn't much better in many european countries.

But sadly there are so many science deniers that claim 'it is like the flu' or similar idiotic stuff.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]