By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - C'mon, Do you all really hate Trump?

I....

Like Trump. 24 24.24%

Dislike Trump. 18 18.18%

Hate Trump. 41 41.41%

See Trump for what he is. 13 13.13%

Other, comments. 3 3.03%

Total:99
John2290 said:

I'm going to excuse myself from this thread, I shouldn't yave posted it. I've started replies and then deleted them but I don't wanna get into arguments which could lead to a migraine and it Christmas tomorrow. The mods can remove it if they feel it lacks OP engagement but if not I'll update and engage after St. Stevens day.

You have an opinion so give it.  Not sure why you believe it will cause arguments.  So far everyone has just expressed their thoughts weather good or bad concerning Trump but nothing out of the ordinary.  Yes, you will have people who question your opinion so you should make sure you research each point so you can defend them properly.  If you like Trump then you like Trump, I person have a different view but I will not question you on that opinion, only the points you believe makes him worthy for being President.  I have told many people its not the policy that Trump tackles that I have a problem with as I believe all of them are valid for a President (besides Ukraine mess), Instead its how he and his administration handled those issues.

Around the Network

Don't hate him, but HATE what he does with fear mongering, brain washing, and divisive tactics. He's a cult leader through and through.

John2290 said:

I'm an Irishman so I have no hand in your American politics nor should I for that matter, however we are all stuck with this never ending media nonsense and I for one am sick of it. I don't like nor dislike trump but I do think he is the best president you've had as long as I have been alive to take notice, Clinton being exempt as he was a childhood figure. 

What the fuck though. C'mon, Americans, this shit can NOT really be real? I don't believe it for a second that your whole country could hate a president so primed for your very ideals and that of the western world alongside it. What am I missing? This guy has everything any populous would want in a leader and even more so. He is a literal dream come true for ever American value and every person disenfranchised by democracy in the 21st century. 

He is THE SHIT. What is the problem?

First bolded: I suppose you thought that one sentence of honesty was enough. You don't like Trump, riiiiight... so I'll move on to...

...the second bolded: That sounds too close to the situation of Adolf Hitler in the 1930s, at least in the context of national values and people being disenfranchised by democracy. The big differences are of course that Hitler established dictatorship while Trump isn't going to get remotely close to that due the implemented failsafes to prevent a dictatorship, and that Hitler's main objective was war while Trump is just about amassing wealth for himself and his rich buddies. But screaming fake news and the usage of other propaganda tools is quite similar. It establishes an environment where Trump can tell everyone what to belief because his supporters have been conditioned to automatically dismiss everything that disagrees with Trump.

What makes Trump so admirable to his supporters is that everything ranging from political incorrectness to outright racism is once again something that one can be cheered on for expressing, unlike before where such statements faced resistance from virtually every corner in the country. The oppressed white race is getting its voice heard again.

Those who take a step back to look at the bigger picture may wonder why people are fine with rich people getting richer while they themselves rarely see any monetary benefits themselves. It's an interesting aspect of human psychology that it possibly best explained with an example from the fabulous country Austria where a survey with a simple question was conducted:

You can choose between two hypothetical options: A, you instantly receive €4,000 and your neighbor gets €5,000, or B, you instantly receive €3,000 and your neighbor gets €2,000. Which one do you choose?

91% of the respondents went with option B which highlights where the priorities of the common people lie. It's not about the biggest possible wealth for everyone, it's about making sure that there's someone below you on the ladder even when that is detrimental to yourself. That is why Trump and that kind of populism works. Trump supporters are fine with Trump making himself and other rich people richer because at the same time Trump provides the perception that non-white people are lesser people. You may not be well off yourself, but be assured that there will always be someone below you even if you accomplish absolutely nothing in your life.

That's what Trump stands for and that's why he is disliked by so many. He succeeds with a very basic strategy that people at large should know about if they had somewhat of an understanding of political history. It's very much the cookie plate analogy where four people sit at the table and 10 cookies are on the plate, Trump grabs 9 cookies from the plate, turns to the white man and says, "Watch out for the latino and the black dude. They are trying to steal your cookie."

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

I'm not big into politics, but I think it's the fact that Trump acts quite "immature" for a president. It feels quite... embarrassing, to be honest, although he did have my vote. Again, since I'm not into politics, my "liking of Trump" would come down to his likeness as a person, and Donald Trump is not an easy person to "like". From what I've seen (and maybe the things I've seen have been the result of media bias), he is stubborn, rude, unapologetic, overly confident, volatile, and not willing to admit when he does something wrong.

Are his politics good? I don't know. But as a human being, he's not an easy person to like. Especially considering how insanely rich the man is; he doesn't seem "for the people".

Edit: He also has very little credibility, in my eyes. This is a result of him being stubborn and not willing to admit to his mistakes. As a result, when he makes a claim, it's not easy to rely on him being faithful to those claims because he would just as easily blame things on someone else if he failed to come through.

I don't think people really hate Trump and I say this as a black man living in America. I think social media made it easier for people to express their feelings for Obama. A lot of really vocal people disliked him despite things really improving during his presidency.

Trump just became the defacto face of the Republicans and somewhere in there we got this "Sports fan" mentality where everything our opposition did was wrong and everything our team did was right. Even things we agreed with often became wrong because our opponents agreed with it.

Trump is just the quarterback if the opposing team.

Twitter: @d21lewis

Around the Network

I dont agree with most of his policies but he's a loser.

m0ney said:

Rich white man, that is enough of a reason to hate for many.

Ah yes... if only he was bisexual woman of color...

I swear some people are just laughable, so what if he's white man? It's his family's money so he earned it.

You know what we call people that don't like him because he's white? Racists, since reverse racism doesn't exist it, it's just racism.

Radek said:
m0ney said:

Ah yes... if only he was bisexual woman of color...

I swear some people are just laughable, so what if he's white man? It's his family's money so he earned it.

You know what we call people that don't like him because he's white? Racists, since reverse racism doesn't exist it, it's just racism.

You know, that one thing (amongst many) that I just don't understand. When did it become okay for people to just endlessly insult white people and assume that they're just supposed to take it? I know how things were historically but attacking people who had no choice in the matter--even if we decide to do it, expect a response. Maybe even a hostile one.

I'm black. Haven't been unemployed since 1995. Never been in trouble. Live a pretty good life. I wouldn't appreciate someone labeling me or my family because of some stereotype. People need more empathy.

Now, with that said, where da white women at?

Twitter: @d21lewis

The reality is we have a country with two sides that hate each other. Trump representing America and the left wing media "resistance" representing anti-American invasion and social Marxism.

m0ney said:

Cause people who hate Trump just HAVE to be this simple-minded right? 

I guess all the people who love(d) Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Bill Clintom, Elon Musk etc; weren't aware of their financial pedigree??