By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - C'mon, Do you all really hate Trump?

I....

Like Trump. 24 24.24%

Dislike Trump. 18 18.18%

Hate Trump. 41 41.41%

See Trump for what he is. 13 13.13%

Other, comments. 3 3.03%

Total:99

Maybe a better way to structure a thread like this is for the OP to thoroughly describe their position on things they like or dislike about the Trump administration.

@John2290 Why people dislike Trump is a very broad subject. Some people here have gone over many of these things in great detail before. But I also know from people I talk to, that in recent times they feel overwhelmed by the amount of (from their perspective) bad things coming out of his administration, that they don't have the time or energy to post about it any more. Things that would normally make headlines 10+ years ago, don't even get a single mention in a post.

Maybe someone would want to break down the gist for you, if you're genuinely curious about what 'you're missing'.
But that may take a good number of hours for someone to type up.

melbye said:
They live in a bubble that constantly reaffirm how bad Trump is how and how much bad things he doing without actually doing any research on it. It's quite sad really. Just wanted to say that before the thread blows up or is locked, i'm out

melbye said:

They are people with Trump Derangement Syndrome

Come on, you know better than to make generalizations like this.
If a person actually hasn't researched the subject they are discussing, then it's fair to call them out on that.
But to suggest that anyone who dislikes Trump hasn't, while using derogatory terms to boot, is obviously not something you should do.

That's a general rule for anyone, no matter what their position is.

Last edited by Hiku - on 22 December 2019

Around the Network
John2290 said:

This guy has everything any populous would want in a leader and even more so. He is a literal dream come true for ever American value and every person disenfranchised by democracy in the 21st century. 

John2290 said:

A leader like this has never been seen before in the history of man, someone who not only cares about the people but what that people care of him but most of all someone transparent and just enough of a fool to believe he is perfect but not so much so that he is perfect without support. You are squanduring it, literal perfect incarnation of a leader. 

I don't hate Trump.  What troubles me is this kind of stuff.  A leader would literally have to be the second coming of Christ himself for me to have that kind of opinion of him.  No one is perfect, and if you can't criticize someone for their wrong doings, that's not something I can respect.  

The man has a laundry list of admitted fraud that he's paid out millions for.

He's petty and fragile, he gets offended constantly, and he lashes out like he's 5 years old.  

I don't hate Donald Trump.  What I feel is disappointment.  Disappointment that we have a president who acts in ways that I wouldn't tolerate from a child, and yet he gets praised and defended like he's perfection. 

He attacks people he doesn't like, he denies climate change, he's a hypocrite for attacking Obama constantly for things that he himself does, he has mocked people who have served in the military, handicapped people. 

He has done many things that I absolutely can not respect him for.

I don’t know him so I can’t say I hate him. I do hate what he stands for. He is the poster child for privilege. He inherited his wealth from his father and was bailed out by him with financial gifts repeatedly. He’s run countless businesses and deals into the ground. He’s a pervert who used to prey on young women when he was involved with the Miss America pageant. He’s known to be a man that treats women, minorities, and poorer people like trash.

He swindled the less educated, poorer, blue collar population into voting for him based on nonsense he hasn’t delivered. Overall he’s a terrible person even if you remove President from the situation. I mean, it’s not as if people only just started to shit on him when he announced his intention to run.

Sexism, racism, homophobia, intolerance, belittlement, aggression, arrogance, bigotry, fundamentalism and the promotion of fear and hate. I see him for what he is and it goes against everything I morally and ethically stand for. It goes against what we were all taught as children. As per the question stated in the op this is my opinion, not looking for a fight.

Ashadelo said:
Actually most Americans love him, its just the media that tries to brain wash the world into thinking everyone hates him.

Based on what exactly? Polling indicates that most disapprove of him. Hate and love is kind of a childish way to look at it, but I guess in that context most in the US would "hate" Trump.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

@OP

If I had to sum up my reasoning for "hating" Trump (just going to stick with that wording because it's simple) it's because I think he's an idiot. Not like I disagree with his political views, but I think he doesn't read, hasn't thought about any of his positions, and regularly says things that are blatantly false because he can't be bothered to research.  

Around the Network
John2290 said:

He has first and foremost reunified the Korean peninsula at least for a time

I'm 29 going on 30. Is that perhaps, old enough for you to approve or too old to write me off?

That is basically the problem, in a nutshell. You are too young to see the problem (and probably had a window seat when history was lectured in class).

In a nutshell, An american president's actions do not lead to any far reaching reactions for years. Politics is like a huge heavy machinery that just chucks along a paved road, obliterating anything in its path. Getting the machinery to even slightly turn left or right is an almost unsurmountable taks. It usually takes years for the world and the USA, in general, until the results of a president's actions are visible. Trump will be judged in ten to twenty years from now. For now, he has been profiting from his predecessors which dont seem to have done a bad job after all.

Now for your Korean thing you mention, that is some funny idea you have here. KimPingPong is doing the same spiel his family has done in the past twenty hears, and PingPong is laughing his ass off what a gullible idiot he has found on the other side.

How about those coal miners? He promised them the golden age once he is president. Guess what, at least two mines have shut down since then, miners kicked on the road. Not a single job created. How about those farmers that lost their contracts with China? China has gone to the other freak from Brasil, and the american taxpayer is paying for the lost contracts.  Who care for the budget deficit that goes astronomical! Let's get a space force, costs mothing...! Will the farmers and miners vote for Trump again? Of course, he's the man....

One thing Americans should clearly understand: Trump cares for one thing and one thing only: Trump. People in Europe are puzzled how Trump likes folks like PingPong, the Turk, the Brasilian, the Russian guy. That much is certain. And Trump's weird ideas are not really appreciated by everybody else, except those guys, over here.

Will he be elected again? Of course. He has mastered the "if you constantly lie, people find you cool in the end" conundrum. Who has a chance of unseating Trump in the next election? Nobody, the democrats have made every mistake one can make if you go against a serial liar (but it definitely is a problem going against Trump, I wouldn't know a working strategy, either).

I sense great trolling in the OP :). However, I also sense great liking. Also, as an outsider, I don't see Trump as the 2nd coming but on the other hand, I like him in the way he is not a career politician. I don't think he is in it for the wealth or the possibility it would create more wealth for him after he is out. So, I think he is just a, you get what you see, kind of guy that puts his foot in his mouth a bit (but I think he does this deliberately unlike Joe B), and doesn't care what people think who have made up their mind already. He is not trying to convert True Believing Dem's. Did he even campaign in Cali? He's a much more, you see what you get type,  much more so than the usual run of the mill pollie.

Now to those that call him out as a sociopath. I'm sure out of the 20 or so characteristics of a Sociaopath, like every other CEO, career politician, lawyer, and the like, he has some of these characteristics. I don't think people like this get where they get by pure altruism or luck.

Anyway, I find his Twitter feed most entertaining. I think most of the shit he posts is to just get those crazy DNC folk all stirred up and put off the real task of actually presenting policy and good ideas. If results around the world are anything to go on, you guys are set for another term in a landslide. Happened where I am (Australia) with Scot Morrison - won an unwinnable election because the opposition decided to go all woke and environmental with minor parties. In the UK, we had BJ dismantling Corbyn. I think people are sick of globalists.

Homeroids said:

I sense great trolling in the OP :). However, I also sense great liking. Also, as an outsider, I don't see Trump as the 2nd coming but on the other hand, I like him in the way he is not a career politician. I don't think he is in it for the wealth or the possibility it would create more wealth for him after he is out. So, I think he is just a, you get what you see, kind of guy that puts his foot in his mouth a bit (but I think he does this deliberately unlike Joe B), and doesn't care what people think who have made up their mind already. He is not trying to convert True Believing Dem's. Did he even campaign in Cali? He's a much more, you see what you get type,  much more so than the usual run of the mill pollie.

Now to those that call him out as a sociopath. I'm sure out of the 20 or so characteristics of a Sociaopath, like every other CEO, career politician, lawyer, and the like, he has some of these characteristics. I don't think people like this get where they get by pure altruism or luck.

Anyway, I find his Twitter feed most entertaining. I think most of the shit he posts is to just get those crazy DNC folk all stirred up and put off the real task of actually presenting policy and good ideas. If results around the world are anything to go on, you guys are set for another term in a landslide. Happened where I am (Australia) with Scot Morrison - won an unwinnable election because the opposition decided to go all woke and environmental with minor parties. In the UK, we had BJ dismantling Corbyn. I think people are sick of globalists.

You need to acknowledge that theres like 20 jobs in the whitehouse, that went to family members & close friends of his.
People unfit for said jobs, that can collect huge pay checks. Thats called nepotism.

Also he took money set aside for his campagne, and used it at high rates in his own factories, to make his own merchandise.
Ei. donations ended up in his own pockets.  Also as president, hes tried often enough to hold meetings at his own hotels and golf clubs ect, at high prices.

Trump is the swamp, hes uses the job for his own gain, theres little doubt about that.

"Now to those that call him out as a sociopath. I'm sure out of the 20 or so characteristics of a Sociaopath, like every other CEO, career politician, lawyer, and the like, he has some of these characteristics. I don't think people like this get where they get by pure altruism or luck."

People dont claim he is one of those, they say he has a mental disorder, of narcissisme.
Theres degree's of things, and his is so extreme its a mental health thing.
Extreme ego, that means he basically is incapable of thinking anything of others.

"I think most of the shit he posts is to just get those crazy DNC folk all stirred up and put off the real task of actually presenting policy and good ideas. If results around the world are anything to go on, you guys are set for another term in a landslide. Happened where I am (Australia) with Scot Morrison - won an unwinnable election because the opposition decided to go all woke and environmental with minor parties."

And now you have another record year, with highest tempuratures messured in australia for decades.
Forrest and bush fires, that burn down houses.  Your running out of ground water to pump up, and large parts of your country is gonna end up as desert. So many fires, people got sick in sydney from all the smoke in the air.

The "koala bear" which is basically like a national animal of australia is declaired extinct (effectively) because it has no liveing grounds anymore.
In the future the only place to see one, will be inside a zoo.

Get woke? more like half the country arnt asleep and ignoreing reality.

What has fires in Australia got to do with Trump? Oh this is a reference to climate change I guess? Ok then...... That's a whole other topic. So praytell - are you from Australia. What do you actually know about fires in Australia? That most are lit by people, that the backburning policies by other parties has made the bush fuel higher, that big bush fire seasons in Australia are typically every 10 years or so as fuel builds up for the next big burn, that we had a mild summer last year, and so on. That there are over 50,000 bush fires in Australia every year!

Koala's - the threat to the Koala is more to do with the settlement of Australia. Yes, environmental mismanagement , totally but, from climate change? I think not.

To digress to this topic with just a hint because I mention ScoMo? So really, in regards to your comments about Trump and family connections and holding conferences at hotels etc. (I know a bot about that one BTW), I can see no point in having a rational conversation.

Rich white man, that is enough of a reason to hate for many.

Visit my eBay stampers store: eims-stampers

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.