By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - C'mon, Do you all really hate Trump?

I....

Like Trump. 24 24.24%

Dislike Trump. 18 18.18%

Hate Trump. 41 41.41%

See Trump for what he is. 13 13.13%

Other, comments. 3 3.03%

Total:99

Hmm...  Well, I'll restrict myself to observations.  

Trump doesn't have a long career in politics/law so it is inevitable that he would be unorthodox.  As a result he also doesn't really have a fully formed/thought out world view or set of policies.  He doesn't fit in with what anyone would call "traditional centre-right politics", in particular he isn't a Free Market person (compare Reagan and Thatcher who basically took down Communism by saying "well, let's just trade with each other and see what works better") and his moral compass doesn't align him with "Land of the Free and Opportunity" Republicans (basically anything to do with immigration - you could almost describe him as an Anti-this tradition).

He also seems to be a bit of an echo-chamber guy: he fires people who don't support him.  He seems to base thing on personalities rather than practicalities.  I suspect that a lot of what happens in America is based on "who" proposes an idea, rather than "what" the idea is (see Trump's attempt to undo anything Obama did).  This is also where the OP shows himself to be a Millennial.  Here's some info:  Government isn't done by one person, it isn't about anyone's personality, the market will decide what happens to America slowly and (semi-)impartially over the next 10+ years.

In terms of his treatment of traditional allies (NATO and so forth) he has been very combative when compared with previous "Leaders of the Free World".  There currently is no longer a Cold War, but the presentation of Democracy as the premiere governmental model has suffered.  Whether he is doing good things or not, Trumps' presentation and leadership skills are not appropriate for the world stage.  Like him or hate him there was an American Dad episode: "Barak Obama can take a dump in the swimming pool and make it look cool".  

The presentation of Democracy matters far more than you might think.  Despite "Freedom of Speech" there have always been "codes of behaviour" in politics:  in the UK all mainstream parties get together and opposed the British Nationalist Party (they instruct their supporters to vote for opposition candidates if necessary), in the US traditionally no-one ever agrees with the KKK no matter what they have said or done.  I am personally not that old, but for you Millenials, the passed-down wisdom is: "This one time in Germany, a guy found that saying and doing these things made him very popular".  So politicians don't go there.  Ever.

I don't know whether Trump will do well for America.  He is the ultimate Millennial Leader and the old saying is: "You get the leader you deserve".  Just note that there are many other traditional Republicans who are basically trying to do a decent the job in the background.  Real Republicans who Love America and work with a desire to help people: John McCain deserves a special mention here IMO.

I come from the 80s, when computer games were great.  We defeated Communism with Democracy, Free Trade and the American Way.  It's your turn now, Millennials (if you have a second to look up from your phones)...

Last edited by OneTime - on 23 December 2019

Around the Network

He is cancer for this planet and most people living on it. Yes, I hate him

Considering his actions, rhetoric, agenda, etc. are a literal threat to my very existence, yeah I gotta say, I do really fucking hate him.

Last edited by tsogud - on 23 December 2019

tsogud said:

Considering his actions, rhetoric, agenda, etc. are a literal threat to my very existence, yeah I gotta say, I do really fucking hate him.

How so?

RJTM1991 said:
tsogud said:

How so?

America is the Leader of the Free World.  If you were born as a Boomer you would intrinsically understand what that means.  You should stop and think about it now.  

What happens if America is no longer the Beacon of Democracy?  What will take America's place?

Around the Network
RJTM1991 said:
tsogud said:

How so?

I'm sorry friend, I'm not going to go through the MANY MANY things this man, his administration and supporters have incited and done, under this presidency, that threatens my life and many others in America. I just don't have the time or energy, and even if I did, it would just be dismissed by some  insensitive individual who doesn't really care and has no stake in the situation. If you really don't know why a poor trans queer poc's life and well-being would be in danger in 45's America then I suggest you take a long look at his political record and how America has changed in the last 3 years.

Last edited by tsogud - on 23 December 2019

OneTime said:

RJTM1991 said:

How so?

America is the Leader of the Free World.  If you were born as a Boomer you would intrinsically understand what that means.  You should stop and think about it now.  

What happens if America is no longer the Beacon of Democracy?  What will take America's place?

Actually thats not what Tsogud was talking about but I will let him answer that question.

Also do not worry, if America happens to fall, Russia and China and the EU are right there to pick up the slack.

OneTime said:

RJTM1991 said:

How so?

America is not a democracy and was not created with the intention of being one either.

America is a constitutional republic established to ensure certain rights will always be protected regardless of whether the majority of people support them or not

The majority of people in america cannot for example vote to outlaw firearms, because firearm ownership is protected by the constitution

John2290 said:

I'm going to excuse myself from this thread, I shouldn't yave posted it. I've started replies and then deleted them but I don't wanna get into arguments which could lead to a migraine and it Christmas tomorrow. The mods can remove it if they feel it lacks OP engagement but if not I'll update and engage after St. Stevens day.

You have an opinion so give it.  Not sure why you believe it will cause arguments.  So far everyone has just expressed their thoughts weather good or bad concerning Trump but nothing out of the ordinary.  Yes, you will have people who question your opinion so you should make sure you research each point so you can defend them properly.  If you like Trump then you like Trump, I person have a different view but I will not question you on that opinion, only the points you believe makes him worthy for being President.  I have told many people its not the policy that Trump tackles that I have a problem with as I believe all of them are valid for a President (besides Ukraine mess), Instead its how he and his administration handled those issues.

Don't hate him, but HATE what he does with fear mongering, brain washing, and divisive tactics. He's a cult leader through and through.