By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 10th Annual Greatest Games Event - Discussion Thread

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)

Change From Last Year: NEW

This is basically a direct replacement of the previous Smash Bros. game on my list in the exact same spot as the previous one was. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is basically just more of Smash Bros, and I see nothing wrong with that. There are more characters, more stages, and more of everything else than ever before, and it's just fun to play. There is a distinct possibility that this is the series I have more time playing in my life than any other, with the possible exception of Final Fantasy, and that's saying quite a lot for me.

There's really not much more that needs to be said here. It's Smash Bros. 

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Hey, @Pajderman great list. I see you played PC back then I did too: Heroes of MIght and Magic, Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft. And some other great games like Hotel Dusk. Nice!

Thanks man! For some reason I just skipped on console gaming during the N64/PS1 era and just played PC. 

As I currently haven't time to create the description post I can use the time to give another hint, than I have some catch-up to do:

#35 Guessed by The_Liquid_Laser: Battle for Wesnoth

a) Fight with knights, mages, elves, thieves or… merfolk?

b) Control your armies one turn at a time.

c) Turn-based tactics on a hexgrid with units able to level up and turn into advanced classes.

d) Got updates and extensions for more than 10 years.

e) Fight in a Tale of two brothers Under the burning Suns for The heir to the throne.

f) More than 15 official single-player campaigns, many multiplayer maps and tons of user-generated content.

#34 Guessed by The_Liquid_Laser: Dragon Quest Builders

#33 Guessed by The_Liquid_Laser: Pikmin

#32 Guessed by Farsala: Final Fantasy X

Last edited by Mnementh - on 29 November 2019

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Flilix said:
Hint 1: Lots of heights and climbing.
Hint 2: This franchise went open world last year.

Hint 1: No cartoony graphics.

Hint 1: There's not actually a number in the title.

38.  Spider-Man

34.  Zelda: Twilight Princess

33.  Super Smash Bros Wii U

The next game was pending to be announced:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake eater (PS2)

It did it once more, its driven story and new mechanics are cohesive and creatively amazing.

Tony Hawk's pro skater 2 (PS1)

How to make a perfect sport / skating game? here it is.

Gran Turismo 2 (PS1)

This serie is always meant to be good, its peak is represented here.

Halo: Combat evolved (Xbox)

For me it was the next big step for FPS games, potent, direct and epic.

Around the Network

No takers yet I see..

#33: Did our dashing pilot die? Or does he live? Play the game in Hard Mode to find out.
#33 (Hint 2): I say “dashing” because his name’s in this word, and his last name ends with “endar”, a name that sounds like plenty of other names of people, places and objects in this big franchise.

#33 - Saving the princess in Space... Again.

S.Peelman said:
No takers yet I see..

#33: Did our dashing pilot die? Or does he live? Play the game in Hard Mode to find out.
#33 (Hint 2): I say “dashing” because his name’s in this word, and his last name ends with “endar”, a name that sounds like plenty of other names of people, places and objects in this big franchise.

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire

Jpcc86 said:
S.Peelman said:
No takers yet I see..

Star Wars Shadows of the Empire

This is right!

My next three:

32. This game introduced a princess and her evil deformed clone.

32 and 31 are both crossover titles, the latest in both series due to the huge amount of content in each.