I choose...

Wii U 32 28.83%

N64 79 71.17%

Total:111

...n64 by far one had to experience the n64 when it first came on the scene to appreciate just how crazy it was to play mario 64 for the first time or ocarina of time

Around the Network

Wii U is a better console with more and better games. This is not even fair for the poor N64...

N64 + 100.

F-Zero X, Wave Race, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Mario 64, OoT, ISS98 (big game for me :P), Paper Mario, Star fox 64, DK racing. No contest for me.

Nintendo64

Games I liked on N64:
Ocarina of Time
Majoras Mask
Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Smash 64

Games I liked on Wii U:
Breath of the Wild (although, I played the Switch version, but bought the Wii U one too)
Xenoblade X
Splatoon 2
The Wind Waker HD
Twilight Princess HD

Edit: forgot about Diddy Kong Racing on the 64.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

In 1996 the N64 was the powerhouse of its time delivering the first massive 3-D open worlds. Has OoT the greatest rated game of all time, it had the first truly great console FPS in golden eye and was a Multiplayer beast. In 2012 the Wii U arrived a generation late, never had a genre defining game until BotW. It was a non factor.

Around the Network

Dat poll. What started as a close race is now close to a 2:1 landslide in favour of N64.

I'll second what others have said in that BOTW is the only Wii U game that really pushed new boundaries, whereas on N64 you had multiple games like Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye 007, etc that sent shockwaves through the industry and reshaped their respective genres.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Wii U because of Pikmin 3, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Mario Maker. There were some good games on N64 too, but they aged not very well. Almost all 3D games of this generation look awful today. Graphic isn't everything of course. Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time had a big impact on the industry game design. Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 1 - 3 are still fun to play, but yeah.... no. I choose Wii U. Although it has a bit of pic your poison, because I don't like the forced motion controls on Wii U.

siebensus4 said:
Wii U because of Pikmin 3, 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Mario Maker. There were some good games on N64 too, but they aged not very well. Almost all 3D games of this generation look awful today. Graphic isn't everything of course. Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time had a big impact on the industry game design. Mario Kart 64 and Mario Party 1 - 3 are still fun to play, but yeah.... no. I choose Wii U. Although it has a bit of pic your poison, because I don't like the forced motion controls on Wii U.

In 1996-99 The N64 had the best looking games in the console market (until the DC arrived). Its games looked amazing in its time, the Wii U always looked a gen behind.

Era or time disparate polls like this always trip me out. For anyone that who first played the N64 a few generations after it came out can never understand the experience of the time.

Moving Mario around in 3D for the first time? Seeing the expansive Hyrule Field for the first time? 4 player person first person shooter for the first time? Feeling physical feedback in your hands for the first time? The Wii U, for all the quality games it does have, cannot compete with this.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Rare and Nintendo team up are hard to beat

The N64 has two problems, it is a console focused on 3d games in a time of technology transition. Many great games were still made in 2D, nintendo lost much of the support because of it. The second problem is the use of media with low storage space, nintendo lost the support of third parties. Without investing in 2d games, there is no Mario 2d in this console, nintendo lost part of the audience, with the abandonment of the third Japanese, lost another part of its audience. Wiiu, despite the most incredible Zelda, of recent years is a console with many errors. Last edited by Agente42 - on 11 November 2019