By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The reason Star Citizen will take forever to make

It's more like a proof of concept than an actual game

Around the Network
eva01beserk said:
vivster said:
While it is really annoying it also is kinda admiring. There is nothing wrong with taking forever on a game but they just have the luxury that basically no other game has and that is a seemingly endless flow of money before it's even released. Though it really does make me wonder what's gonna happen after release. It's gonna be a huge game and will need some manpower to maintain it and I'm correctly assuming that the producers are already way too used by the constant money flow. While I don't think they'll go as far as gambling I do expect quite aggressive monetization.

dont they already sell ships for ridiculous amounts of money? 

Yeah, they're already setting a bad precedent by charging huge sums without even having a game attached to it. I will not be surprised if they ever sell ships that cost thousands. Not sure how sustainable that will be though. They'll probably want micro transactions too.

Unless of course this is a dream and they somehow have rich sponsors that pump them full of money for the passion. I mean if I was rich I'd totally do that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

star citizen is the biggest scam in gaming

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Star Citizen just seems to be a bottomless money pit at this point. It really makes the case for having publishers watching over their shoulders, as much as I dislike a lot of them.

A brief summary of the shown progress:

View on YouTube

Just an ad for a spaceship within SC, but if the SQ42 cutscenes have the same quality, I'll be happy:

View on YouTube

With Quantum they are creating an impressive tool to manage that dynamic universe:

View on YouTube

A helpful tuturial for the first space trip in the SC universe:

View on YouTube

And here is the full keynote of CitizenCon 2019:

View on YouTube

View on YouTube