By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The reason Star Citizen will take forever to make

Barozi said:
gtotheunit91 said:
Not gonna lie, thought you meant StarCraft, and I went, "well, it did take Blizzard 12 years to finally get a sequel, so I believe it" lol but Star Citizen is still years away from completion! I still would love to see how it finally turns out

I was thinking Splinter Cell....

SoulCalibur

Around the Network
Decker said:
Dulfite said:
This game will launch fully the same year Guild Wars 3, Chameleon Twist 2, Banjo Threeie, and a proper Paper Mario game all come out.

Well we have a Chameleon Twist 2 already so that's some progress. 

What?!?! There was a sequel?!?! I did not know that!

This game is the worst case of feature creep I've ever seen.

Mr Puggsly said:
VAMatt said:

The whole thing is a ridiculous fiasco that will almost certainly come crashing down in a class action lawsuit long before anything close to what's been promised gets released.

Why exactly?

Is this game somehow obligated to achieve certain goals in a period of time?

Seems like a huge achievment that's arguably bigger than needs to be. But I guess thats also the charm of this project.

The devs made certain representations to investors about what they could do and when they could do it.  They stopped short of explicit promises, but they certainly made it seem as though they could do a lot more, a lot faster than they have.  They took money from people based on the investors belief that they were contributing to the development of the thing the devs presented.  But, in reality, the devs have continually moved the goal posts, collected more and more money, and have not delivered anything close to what's been promised on anything close to the indicated timeline.  

There's certainly a fraud argument to be made there.  I don't know for sure that it will be successful.  But, there's been so much money dumped into this hole by so many people that I have to assume some group of them will be pissed enough to look for a legal remedy.  

S.Peelman said:
Barozi said:

I was thinking Splinter Cell....

SoulCalibur

considering the last Soul Calibur game came out only 364 days ago.... no

Around the Network

Scam citizen

This generation of gamers are not the brightest bunch.

Random_Matt said:
Scam citizen

This generation of gamers are not the brightest bunch.

This gen? not sure about that. The ones falling for this particular scam seem to be the ones with money, And I dont think we are talking about millenials or gen z here who have this kind off cash to blow on a single promise. 

Whats a bigger scam, this or loot boxes?

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

Whats a bigger scam, this or loot boxes?

Star Citizen.  Loot boxes, while objectionable in many ways, are not a scam.  They don't make promises that they subsequently fail to keep, over and over and over again.  

Darwinianevolution said:
At what point you just accept that a game will never be done?

When there ain't any progress anymore.

So far, there has been a lot of progress every alpha version.

Conina said:
Darwinianevolution said:
At what point you just accept that a game will never be done?

When there ain't any progress anymore.

So far, there has been a lot of progress every alpha version.

And they are released for people to play.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."