By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When are you buying the PS5?

When are you picking it up?

Pre-ordering ASAP. 39 23.78%

Launch day, launch week or so. 29 17.68%

Nah, first 12 months or so 19 11.59%

I need to see that sequel... 12 7.32%

Eventualy after some deal 27 16.46%

No clue 38 23.17%

Total:164

Just to share your thoughts on when are picking up the beast.

Pre-ordering? Lunch day queue? 2021? After price cut? After this or that franchise sequel?

What do you think?

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Around the Network

Only when significant number of juicy AAA exclusives titles are released. Until there, no point in buying it, I don't play multiplats on consoles.

PS5 was announced? I seriously need to go back under my rock

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Once it gets a good exclusive I'll pick one up.

Prolly not until after it's gen ends if I'm still able to. Sadly can't afford a $500 system with $60 games alongside my Switch atm.

Around the Network

Probably never, not enough exclusives on PS4 for me, and will be less on PS5. Besides, need a 10920X and an ampere GPU.

Once it gets a good exclusive I'll pick one up.

I don't think I'll buy it. Unless some very strong exclusive catches my attention. That haven't happened with PS4.

I will probably keep my PC for another gen.

First big, good Japanese exclusive and I’m there

Pre-Ordering ASAP

Will likely pick up 6 units Day 1 if possible.

Grandparents
Grandparents
Mom & Dad
Brother
Sister
Myself

We've been a PlayStation Family since PS2, everyone has used PlayStation as their Main Computing Hub. As the hardcore electronics geek of the family, I always supply them with the latest tech. Makes gift giving easy.

This year will be Switch Lite's for those interested, or $200 in Cash/Gift Cards. Next year will be a bit more expensive, but I have been saving.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL