By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - When are you buying the PS5?

When are you picking it up?

Pre-ordering ASAP. 39 23.78%

Launch day, launch week or so. 29 17.68%

Nah, first 12 months or so 19 11.59%

I need to see that sequel... 12 7.32%

Eventualy after some deal 27 16.46%

No clue 38 23.17%

Total:164

Maybe 2 - 3 years after launch, sometime late 2022, early 2023.

There are tons of PS4 exclusives I have yet to experience. Titles like Lost Legacy, TLG, Spiderman, Concrete Genie, Days Gone, FF7R are games I want to play, but I'm waiting on a sale to do so. This isn't including all the PSVR + multiplat games I want to play.

TLOU2 & Cyberpunk are only games left to release that I'm going to buy at full price.

Around the Network

I have my money ready for either the PS5 or new Xbox but I am in no hurry to purchase either unless they have a few games I want to play. Usually Sony has been my first purchase since I can remember so its a good chance I will pick up the PS5 before the new Xbox but who knows. Holiday 2020 is a ways away. Either way, launch consoles are usually not something I like to purchase until I get enough reports they do not have any major issues.

I will buy it once the PRO console drops.
Hardware should be pretty solid by then and a heap of awesome games should be cheap.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

I guess this is a poll for just Sony fans on the site, rather than to get polling data on the whole site, because you didn't include a "not going to buy it" option. I supposed the bottom one is the closest thing.

There have been a number of factors, over the years, for why I have never bought Playstation hardware. But there is one reason, above any, of why I refuse to buy their devices. I cannot stand their controllers. They feel awkward in my hands. And they aren't the only console maker that creates uncomfortable controllers, I hated the N64 controller with a passion and now, in retrospect, I cannot stand Wiimotes either. I also hated the original xbox controller, and I'm not terribly fond of the Joycons (though the portability factor outweighs my dislike, and when it's docked I play on the pro controller which is great). But with Sony, they consistently make controllers I hate, whereas other companies are hit and miss. I hated the PS1-PS4 controllers and I'm fairly certain the PS5 will be similar to their past, which is great for people that like it but I just can't get over my hatred of how awkward it feels in my hand. But who knows, maybe they will update it enough to get me liking it.

If I can afford it, I'll pick it up day one. If not, probably within a year.

Around the Network

Why would I want a PS5? Currently zero games have been announced for it. Once they start announcing games, then I can decide how much I want it.

Right now all I know is that the hardware is going to be expensive, and zero games have been announced. That is the exact opposite of an attractive console. I'm sure they'll announce games around E3 next year though. Then we'll have a decent idea how good the PS5 really is.

Two to three years after launch I'm guessing. Buying consoles at or near launch is utterly and completely pointless as far as I'm concerned.

Whenever Atlus announces Persona 6.

Last edited by Ultrashroomz - on 10 October 2019

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I'll pre order it as soon as it's available.

Whenever there's an exclusive I really want. If that's at launch then that's when I'll get it. If the BC is good that may also motivate me to adopt early as I skipped the Pro.