By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The major third party developer whose sudden loss would be the worst

I guess Bethesda. As much as they have been an absolute joke for the past year, I'd miss Doom and the Elder Scrolls series. Plus, they've probably given more support to the Switch than any other major third party publisher.

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
No one really, every single publisher/developer (and that includes Sony, Nintendo and MS) is replaceable .

^ I dont agree with this.

Gameing would be worse off without a Sony or Nintendo.

SanAndreasX said:

Losing Square Enix would suck the most.

Would majorly suck.

People keep posting publishing studios of individual Dev teams lol.

Hmm. I'll go with whichever development studio handles the main Zelda games. A world with no groundbreaking Zelda games, generation after generation, sounds sad gaming wise.

Paradox Interactive and Devolver Digital come to my mind. The former would even extend to tabletop gaming as they own White Wolf Publishing, creators of the World of Darkness series of games.

Dulfite said:
People keep posting publishing studios of individual Dev teams lol.

Hmm. I'll go with whichever development studio handles the main Zelda games. A world with no groundbreaking Zelda games, generation after generation, sounds sad gaming wise.

Name one studio that fufills the criteria of churning out several games per year. That was feasible 25 years ago, but nowadays, not so much anymore. If it brings out several games in a year, it's a publisher, not just a development studio, because even studios with several hundreds of developing staff can't produce fast enough to do this.

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 12 September 2019

Sega.

I'm just looking at my Switch third party titles and I have both Puyo Puyo Tetris and Valkyria Chronicles 4, both of which are awesome games.  I will likely get Sonic Mania at some point too.  Sega may not be first party anymore but they still have some of that original first party mojo left in them.

(For all the people looking for "developers" instead of pushlishers, then consider my answer "Sonic Team".)

Around the Network

Sega/Atlus

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

I would be very sad if i couldn't play Resident Evil or Assassin's Creed anymore

Zoombael said:
HoloDust said:
No one really, every single publisher/developer (and that includes Sony, Nintendo and MS) is replaceable .

Replaced by what? When Resident Evil is gone a third class eastern european dev can simply fill the void with their cheap RE knock off?

You have something against East Europian devs?

JRPGfan said:
HoloDust said:

^ I dont agree with this.

Gameing would be worse off without a Sony or Nintendo.

Someone would fill the space...I've seen many publishers and devs go down, some of my favourite ones actually, and eventually someone filled those spots again.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Sega.

I'm just looking at my Switch third party titles and I have both Puyo Puyo Tetris and Valkyria Chronicles 4, both of which are awesome games.  I will likely get Sonic Mania at some point too.  Sega may not be first party anymore but they still have some of that original first party mojo left in them.

(For all the people looking for "developers" instead of pushlishers, then consider my answer "Sonic Team".)

I said Square Enix, but Sega is right behind them for me. Right now my largest number of third party titles on either Switch or PS4 came from Sega, including VC4 and PPT, and one of my most anticipated games of next year is Project Sakura Wars. Plus, there's also the fact that they now own Atlus and its portfolio of titles. 

Darwinianevolution said:
Can you imagine the sudden chaos in the gaming world if GTAs would suddenly stop being made?

There hasnt been made one for quite a while and the gaming world is still turning

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar