By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The major third party developer whose sudden loss would be the worst

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

I dunno, without PB's ability to pump out decent Switch ports so quickly, I dunno if we would've gotten quite as many as other studios seem to take longer.

Well, I think they're yet to show how they handle a game that can't be cut from 60 to 30fps...Hellblade and Witcher are much more impressive ports that anything Panic have done so far.

Their port of Rocket League retains 60fps on Switch. I agree Witcher 3 and Hellblade are more impressive, but those devs haven't been as prolific as PB. (So far at least, I certainly hope we see more current gen Switch ports from QLOC and Saber)

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
HoloDust said:

Well, I think they're yet to show how they handle a game that can't be cut from 60 to 30fps...Hellblade and Witcher are much more impressive ports that anything Panic have done so far.

Their port of Rocket League retains 60fps on Switch. I agree Witcher 3 and Hellblade are more impressive, but those devs haven't been as prolific as PB. (So far at least, I certainly hope we see more current gen Switch ports from QLOC and Saber)

Well, to be fair, RL can both run on potato PCs and is very simplistic compared to these other games.

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

Well, to be fair, RL can both run on potato PCs and is very simplistic compared to these other games.

It may not be as demanding as Doom or Wolfenstein, but it's still a current gen port they did without cutting from 60 to 30.

It's also just the volume of current gen Switch ports they've done, more than any other studio I'm aware of.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 September 2019

curl-6 said:
HoloDust said:

It may not be as demanding as Doom or Wolfenstein, but it's still a current gen port they did without cutting from 60 to 30.

It's also just the volume of current gen Switch ports they've done, more than any other studio I'm aware of.

Well, just for reference, Doom and Wolfenstein have some 3-4x higher minimum requirements than RL...it's really, really not that demanding game, actually it runs on sub Switch specs.

HoloDust said:
curl-6 said:

Well, just for reference, Doom and Wolfenstein have some 3-4x higher minimum requirements than RL...it's really, really not that demanding game, actually it runs on sub Switch specs.

Sub portable mode specs though? Anyway, they still didn't cut it to 30fps, and no other third party has given us as many quality current gen ports, at least thus far.

I can't think of a worthier pick from a Switch perspective.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 September 2019

Around the Network

Blizzard because its Blizzard.

vivster said:
I'd only weep for studios that bring something unique and cannot be replaced easily. The only studio that comes to mind is Square Enix, because they're the only ones willing to create AAA JRPGs on a regular basis. Wouldn't weep a tear for anyone else. (well, maybe Psyonix)

Bandai Namco? Their output isn't as huge as Square Enix, but they are the publishers for Tales and Ni no Kuni, as well as some smaller franchises.

I'd probably be most upset if they disappeared, since they support some really weird series like Katamari. Capcom would be up there, too.