By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition announced for Switch (2020)

I am in the same boat. I loved 2, so I am very much looking forward to playing 1 on Switch.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

This was one of those very special for me, i absolutely loved it. I can't wait to play it again.

I was really hoping we'd see Monolith Soft's new IP in this direct. Not really a Xenoblade fan. Although, given that they're such a productive studio, I think it's fine to work on a remaster like this while a new IP and Xenoblade sequel are *presumably* in development. It's easier and it's not like the Switch needs 3 original Xenoblades.

Still ... this looks incredibly rough so far. Which is kind of sad because, it would be great as an Early 2020 release, since those months are usually not very packed. Oh well, hopefully April-June is still possible.

Holy shit, what we see from the 55 second mark in the trailer is Bionis' Shoulder, that was cut from the Wii-version. Rol pointed it out in the other thread

This and Tokyo Mirage Sessions make me so happy. Both games are outstanding and really deserve to be brought to more gamers. And yes, Xenoblade can do with a HD-upgrade. Who hadn't played these two games, prepare for greatness!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

It's one of my favorite games of all time and one of the greatest RPGs ever made. The one biggest regret I had about it was that it never had the sales to reflect its quality. It was released right at the end of the Wii's life cycle when it was already dead, everyone had moved on to next Gen, and its release was rather limited... Almost didn't even happen (Remember Operation: Rainfall?) And then it got a port to the New 3DS which butchered its sales potential even more. Now we'll finally get to see it live up to its TRUE potential.

Buy this, play this, and you'll thank me later!

As I was saying in the other thread. I'll take Xenoblade Chronicles HD, but what I would want even more is Xenogears or Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nice, should make for a nice addition.

PAOerfulone said:
It's one of my favorite games of all time and one of the greatest RPGs ever made. The one biggest regret I had about it was that it never had the sales to reflect its quality. It was released right at the end of the Wii's life cycle when it was already dead, everyone had moved on to next Gen, and its release was rather limited... Almost didn't even happen (Remember Operation: Rainfall?) And then it got a port to the New 3DS which butchered its sales potential even more. Now we'll finally get to see it live up to its TRUE potential.

Buy this, play this, and you'll thank me later!

The Wii wasn't doing all that badly in the summer of 2011, plus the game came out in 2010 in Japan during one of the strongest years in Nintendo's history. Over 100 million software sales in Fiscal 2012. For comparison's sake, more software sold on the Wii than the lifetime total software shipped to the Wii U. It's also about 50% the total software that has shipped to the Switch over the course of its lifetime, not too bad for a system you considered to be dead at the time.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 04 September 2019

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I missed out on the Wii version... And by the time I got a New 3DS, there were none available for a reasonable price. Finally.
Xenoblade 2 is one of my all time favourites. Can't wait to try this.

1doesnotsimply