By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition announced for Switch (2020)

I am actually glad that I already own it on the Wii and don't need to replay it again because that way I can focus on all the other games on the Switch. They keep popping up nonstop!

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Around the Network

Holy crap.... this game is so good, switch owners are lucky to get this.

GoOnKid said:

I am actually glad that I already own it on the Wii and don't need to replay it again because that way I can focus on all the other games on the Switch. They keep popping up nonstop!

Quality > quantity.

Xenoblade Chronicles is def. quality.

JRPGfan said:

Holy crap.... this game is so good, switch owners are lucky to get this.

GoOnKid said:

Quality > quantity.

Xenoblade Chronicles is def. quality.

You don't need to tell me, like I said, I already own it, and yes, I already finished it, and yes, I already love it xD

But I can just concentrate on other games.

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

The_Liquid_Laser said:
Heh, as someone living in North America, I feel like Nintendo was ashamed of this game during the Wii era (or at least NOA was). Now it's getting the full HD treatment like it was always one of their favorite titles. Funny how things change.

Well, you guys got finally rid of Reggie.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Was going to start XB2 soon, but now I'm going to wait for this!

Around the Network

I wonder if the value of my Wii copy will plummet now. In Europe it's an expensive game to obtain.

PAOerfulone said:
Oh, they better not touch the soundtrack. That soundtrack is perfect the way it is!

https://youtu.be/l86GCaqZuxY?t=166 At 2:45 in this clip, is this Xenoblade music?
It sounds like Wild Arms music. So maybe they have the same composer.

I loved Xenoblade Chronicles 2 so I'm very interested in this game. I hope the gameplay and world won't feel too outdated after playing the second game first.

I kind of wish they waited another generation to remake the OG Xenoblade. This has fixed the weaknesses in the original's visuals, the character models and the textures up close, but it doesn't seem to be improving the vistas anywhere near as much as I'd like, and overall it still seems to have the worst visuals in the series. I guess it's to be expected that a remake wouldn't match up to a completely new game. Still will be a real treat for anyone who didn't play it before.

Jumpin said:

I am a bit mixed on the announcement in general. After further thought, I'm happy it's getting released, but this is the FOURTH time it has come out.
Of all three Xeno-games that would be considered, it is literally the LEAST exciting they could have announced: Xenogears, Xenosaga, or Xenoblade Chronicles X would have all been more exciting.

I doubt you will ever see anything done with xenogears and xenosaga.  I know monolith has the rights to xeno, but with square making and publishing xenogears and namco publishing xenosaga, I’m sure the rights to those games are murky enough that they will be lost to time.