By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition announced for Switch (2020)

Day 1 buy. I can't believe they actually did this.

Around the Network

I wasn't super excited about this announcement at first because I've already played this game on two different consoles...
But then I realized they were showing a bunch of scenery that was cut from the final game...
If there's new content, then I'm triple dipping...

Have a nice day...

Jumpin said:
PAOerfulone said:
It's one of my favorite games of all time and one of the greatest RPGs ever made. The one biggest regret I had about it was that it never had the sales to reflect its quality. It was released right at the end of the Wii's life cycle when it was already dead, everyone had moved on to next Gen, and its release was rather limited... Almost didn't even happen (Remember Operation: Rainfall?) And then it got a port to the New 3DS which butchered its sales potential even more. Now we'll finally get to see it live up to its TRUE potential.

Buy this, play this, and you'll thank me later!

That's not true at all. The game came out in the Western market in the summer of 2011, even earlier in Japan. In 2011, 171+ million games sold on the Wii, it was one of the strongest years of software sales in the history of any Nintendo console.

Very selectively. It only came out in Europe in 2011 which only accounted for 19 million of those game sales. 

It didn't launch in North America until April 2012 and it was GameStop exclusive, hence why I say limited. AND Wii game sales in North America had dropped from 71+ million to roughly 39 million. 

The only things that were selling on the Wii at that point were the Wii series, which was losing steam, Mario Kart Wii, NSMB. Wii, DKC Returns, Just Dance, shovelware, shovelware, and more shovelware. The only major release the Wii had to look forward to those last 2 years was Skyward Sword. 

As for Japan in 2010, out of the 182+ million Wii game sales in 2010, only around 12 million came from Japan, which was by far the weakest of the 3 major regions for consoles, not just the Wii. 

Xenoblade sold around 160k in Japan, which was good. But by the time the game came overseas, the Wii was dying fast (Europe, 2011) or already dead (N. America, 2012).

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 04 September 2019

Fuck yes.I would have prefered to see a new original IP(Since I have already played XC 1 to death), but this is great news.

But it makes me wonder: since its a faithful remake/remaster, is it really Monolith the one that is developing?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

PAOerfulone said:
Jumpin said:

That's not true at all. The game came out in the Western market in the summer of 2011, even earlier in Japan. In 2011, 171+ million games sold on the Wii, it was one of the strongest years of software sales in the history of any Nintendo console.

Very selectively. It only came out in Europe in 2011 which only accounted for 19 million of those game sales. 

It didn't launch in North America until April 2012 and it was GameStop exclusive, hence why I say limited. AND Wii game sales in North America had dropped from 71+ million to roughly 39 million. 

The only things that were selling on the Wii at that point were the Wii series, which was losing steam, Mario Kart Wii, NSMB. Wii, DKC Returns, Just Dance, shovelware, shovelware, and more shovelware. The only major release the Wii had to look forward to those last 2 years was Skyward Sword. The Wii was dead.

As for Japan in 2010, out of the 182+ million Wii game sales in 2010, only around 12 million came from Japan, which was by far the weakest of the 3 major territories for consoles, not just the Wii. 

100 million+ sales in Fiscal Year 2012 is not dead. You're just flat out lying.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I’ll gladly buy this again (for the fourth time). One of the best games of all time. Glad they are boosting the graphics. Super excited about this. Now they need to bring over X and pump out 3 or X-2!

RolStoppable said:
New areas are certainly needed to pique my interest in a port, but the in-game achievement list hopefully reduces the number of times needed for that one achievement that I never got on the Wii because it was so tiresome. I think it was about pressing B at the right time during battles and 3,000 times at that. 1,000 times would have been much more reasonable because the rest of the achievements used manageable marks.

According to what I have been reading, it seems that there is a new area in the form of the Bionis shoulder, which supposedely was meant to be in the original game but it was cut.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Finally be able to play the first game.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

I am a bit mixed on the announcement in general. After further thought, I'm happy it's getting released, but this is the FOURTH time it has come out.
Of all three Xeno-games that would be considered, it is literally the LEAST exciting they could have announced: Xenogears, Xenosaga, or Xenoblade Chronicles X would have all been more exciting.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Nautilus said:
RolStoppable said:
New areas are certainly needed to pique my interest in a port, but the in-game achievement list hopefully reduces the number of times needed for that one achievement that I never got on the Wii because it was so tiresome. I think it was about pressing B at the right time during battles and 3,000 times at that. 1,000 times would have been much more reasonable because the rest of the achievements used manageable marks.

According to what I have been reading, it seems that there is a new area in the form of the Bionis shoulder, which supposedely was meant to be in the original game but it was cut.

Yup, it actually leaked to Youtube years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l86GCaqZuxY