By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we have a Switch Lite playable on the TV ?

curl-6 said:
-Newcloud- said:
The lite just seem inferior to the Switch in almost every way I dont think I could ever recommend it unless the battery was vastly better which it isnt.

Hence why it's $200 and the standard Switch is $300.

I'd still recommend the standard Switch over the Lite every time 

Around the Network
-Newcloud- said:
curl-6 said:

Hence why it's $200 and the standard Switch is $300.

I'd still recommend the standard Switch over the Lite every time 

Agreed.  I also don't get the point of the Lite.  Not worth the savings.

PSP 3000 did it so why not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Considering it will probably have the same USB-C port, I think a C to HDMI cable may be enough, or perhaps a converter in the middle of the cable. Only way it wouldn't work without a hack is if the HW in the switch don't send image signal.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Considering it will probably have the same USB-C port, I think a C to HDMI cable may be enough, or perhaps a converter in the middle of the cable. Only way it wouldn't work without a hack is if the HW in the switch don't send image signal.

My guess is that the USB-C connector isn’t connected to hardware that is able to send images (and sound).

Around the Network
GoOnKid said:

I have a solution for you, it's called a Nintendo Switch.

Thank You for saving everyone's time

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I don't get this thought process from the gaming community. People are acting like Nintendo is discontinuing the standard Switch. The Lite is an entry level model, it's like complaining that your base level Camry doesnt come with leather seats and a sun roof. You get what you pay for.

Last edited by PortisheadBiscuit - on 04 August 2019

Duplicate.

I don't know for sure, but I don't believe the Switch Lite will have the necissary cooling to be able to put games out in Docked Mode. This would lead to games being put out at as low as 240 - 360p. That kind of resolution is within reason on a 5.5" display, but it is just not going to cut it on a 55" 4K screen. I simply don't think that it reached a minimum level of Quality that Nintendo was willing to put their name on.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

So you would want to buy the $200 version of the $300 console... then go out and buy a $80 pair of joycon and a dock kit for it which will set you back another $100 for it, unless you're planning to play it by holding the dock in your hands or connect it to a TV via magic? You would be so much better off in this scenario to buy the base model Switch, heck it would be probably work out almost cheaper to just buy the Base model and the Lite, then buy all your games digitally and have the account on both machines, or hold off and wait for the pro next year.

I do get that there would be a person who would like a Switch to basically be slightly smaller for when they take out of the dock but have it still have all the core functions, I'm not saying your daft for wanting or asking this, just that the best financial option to do that would be 2 Switches, you'll still have the unified library between them both at least so you wouldn't be as badly off as someone getting a ps4 and Vita combo for the small number of titles which offer Crossbuy on those 2.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive