By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can we have a Switch Lite playable on the TV ?

The question have a legitimity when we see what kind of insane private and individual achievement we have on other consoles :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMj_ZZycirM

So maybe some of you has observed the trailer of the Lite multiple times to see every possible visible details, I was wondering if later such a solution could exist with a minimum of modification on the console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_GfnDBSrIU

Last edited by Amnesia - on 04 August 2019

Around the Network

I have a solution for you, it's called a Nintendo Switch.

I don't think the Lite will have the necessary mechanisms to output audio and video to a TV, otherwise they would've kept the feature. It would be better to get a regular Switch, or just wait for the inevitable Switch TV.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

GoOnKid said:

I have a solution for you, it's called a Nintendo Switch.

I won't be banished anymore this time for defending myself against assholes.

So I will ignore it.

❌ BANNED: Flaming ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 04 August 2019

Darwinianevolution said:
I don't think the Lite will have the necessary mechanisms to output audio and video to a TV, otherwise they would've kept the feature. It would be better to get a regular Switch, or just wait for the inevitable Switch TV.

inevitable Switch TV ?

I had a reason to believe why there could be still the necessary internal mechanism to output but they prefered to officialy cancel the function.

In 2019, 720/540p are ugly resolution on a big screen, I personnaly would accept to play these resolution from Switch games on a TV, but maybe they did not want to show this in 2019 to the mass, while the normal Switch is already at the edge of the acceptable.

Around the Network

The lite just seem inferior to the Switch in almost every way I dont think I could ever recommend it unless the battery was vastly better which it isnt.

-Newcloud- said:
The lite just seem inferior to the Switch in almost every way I dont think I could ever recommend it unless the battery was vastly better which it isnt.

Hence why it's $200 and the standard Switch is $300.

Amnesia said:
Darwinianevolution said:

while the normal Switch is already at the edge of the acceptable.

Based on sales the Switch is clearly far beyond the edge of acceptable.  Core gamers really need to get a clue and realize the overwhelming majority of folks do not care about power.  Most care about games.  Hence why the Switch is dominating the Xbox X in sales, despite being 10x less powerful.

As for the original question, well I am baffled.  You want a Switch that can hook up to a TV...  yeah, it is called a Switch.  

Chrkeller said:
Amnesia said:

while the normal Switch is already at the edge of the acceptable.

Based on sales the Switch is clearly far beyond the edge of acceptable.  Core gamers really need to get a clue and realize the overwhelming majority of folks do not care about power.  Most care about games.  Hence why the Switch is dominating the Xbox X in sales, despite being 10x less powerful.

As for the original question, well I am baffled.  You want a Switch that can hook up to a TV...  yeah, it is called a Switch.  

I know what is the Switch. Again here, for a technical aspect, I thought my question was more interesting to ask here, that wondering If I am pro Trumps or anti Trumps, or if I have sexual frustration with girls.

Does the dock convert the signal from Switch to TV or is it basically a HDMI out? I don't see why they couldn't just have a HDMI port (with converter inside the handheld) that you can plug into the TV. 

Last edited by sethnintendo - on 04 August 2019