By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict the Next Direct (Summer 2019 Edition)

When will we get to see more goodies?

July 25th-July 31st 1 2.56%

August 1st-7th 0 0%

August 8th-14th 0 0%

August 15th-21st 3 7.69%

August 22nd-28th 5 12.82%

August 29th-31st 3 7.69%

September 1st-7th 8 20.51%

September 8th-14th 11 28.21%

September 15th-30th 5 12.82%

October or sometime never, I don't care 3 7.69%

Total:39

Well folks, July is wrapping up and it's been some time since Nintendo's E3 Direct.

What do you think? Is it time to get out our prognostication helmets (or whatever device you might be using this go around) and predict the next time we'll see Nintendo unveil some new goodies?

And of course, feel free to rattle off a few predictions, be they safe or comepletely insane.

Around the Network

We may get a short, mini-Direct for Astral Chain or Daemon X Machina in mid-late August.

As for the next general, regular Direct?
Early September:
- We'll get new trailers for Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Dragon Quest XI S, and Pokemon Sword/Shield, maybe even Animal Crossing: New Horizons. A close look at Nintendo Switch Lite. Plus a new trailer for Banjo & Kazooie, (Dragon Quest Hero should be out by then.) And the typical, 'one last thing' will be a new 3D Mario game, slated for 2020.

I’ll say first week of September, just because I’m in corporate meetings all week long and won’t be able to watch it live. So since Luck is a skill I never upgraded, this is when it will happen...

I'll say late August, because then they will have another one right before LM3 launches. As for predictions, here you go:
Safest: Their stocks will change.
Safer than safe: New features of Luigi's Mansion 3 shown that we haven't seen before.
Safe: Animal Crossing update
Mayyyybe: They address the joycon drift. Also another Wii U port (wonderful 101, for example).
Unlikely: Advanced Wars Switch is now in development now that Fire Emblem is out.
Not gonna happen: A RPG open world adventure starring every major 1st party Nintendo character. Like Kingdom Hearts-Nintendo edition.

Last edited by Dulfite - on 25 July 2019

Probably Gamescom or the old Spaceworld date.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

I don't care. I just want Metroid Prime 4.

CaptainExplosion said:
Jumpin said:
Probably Gamescom or the old Spaceworld date.

But they haven't done a Spaceworld in years.

They sort of do, except it is just a Direct. Similar to E3, but without guest interaction. Gamescom also happens close to the old Spaceworld date, and it is the biggest event currently for the gamers and the press to preview and sample upcoming games (actually multiple times bigger than E3).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Probably gonna wait until after Obon Week, so late August or early September (I actually expect 2 during that period, a normal Direct and a Nindies Showcase).

Snesboy said:
I don't care. I just want Metroid Prime 4.

You have sad times ahead, let me tell you.  I'd keep 2021 as your earliest glimpse with a possible release in 2022.  These will help lessen the sting of its absence.  I just hope when we do see it that it is a wow moment like seeing the first Prime.

Think the direct will happen next Wednesday and feature GTAV, RDR2 and the Master Chief Collection all coming on a single cartridge, for $20.

Anything else would be a let down!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive