By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Predict the Next Direct (Summer 2019 Edition)

When will we get to see more goodies?

July 25th-July 31st 1 2.56%

August 1st-7th 0 0%

August 8th-14th 0 0%

August 15th-21st 3 7.69%

August 22nd-28th 5 12.82%

August 29th-31st 3 7.69%

September 1st-7th 8 20.51%

September 8th-14th 11 28.21%

September 15th-30th 5 12.82%

October or sometime never, I don't care 3 7.69%

Total:39
CaptainExplosion said:
Well, the Smash Bros. Hero Direct has wrapped up, so the next Direct might be in mid August.

That wasn't a direct

Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv

Around the Network

Have you predicted the next Nintendo Direct yet? The first three options have basically come and gone, but there's still plenty of time to get those votes in for bragging rights.

I'm gonna guess September 4th. They seem to like mid-week as it's generally empty news-wise and gives them a monopoly.

I still feel like there isn't much need for a direct, we know a good deal about Luigi's Mansion and Link's Awakening, and Pokemon has been getting regular news. I'll probably be wrong though, and if so I just wanna see more Animal Crossing.

Well we've had our first Nindies Direct...so take a bow if you predicted August 15th-21st. Of course, this is just a Nindies direct and not a full on Direct so it's not quite the same. The OP definitely didn't specify, so if you want to take a victory lap, be my guest. We'll still be keeping track for the next major Direct, however.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
Well we've had our first Nindies Direct...so take a bow if you predicted August 15th-21st. Of course, this is just a Nindies direct and not a full on Direct so it's not quite the same. The OP definitely didn't specify, so if you want to take a victory lap, be my guest. We'll still be keeping track for the next major Direct, however.

It wasn't an Indie Direct. It was Indie World. It was made as a pre-Gamescom show. 

Link to the VGChartz Discord server: https://discord.gg/2uMTaYtv

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
super_etecoon said:

It wasn't an Indie Direct. It was Indie World. It was made as a pre-Gamescom show. 

Gotcha!  Thanks.  The first I heard about it it was stated as a Direct.  My bad.   

I'm going to guess the first week in September because every other week in the month has a Nintendo published title releasing in it and I don't see them potentially sabotaging the sales potential of one of their titles by having it be upstaged by a general direct.

I don't think there's enough stuff Nintendo can talk about after Gamescom and the Indie World Direct.

A dedicated Pokemon Direct is very likely at the beginning of October. And then the last direct of the year with a preview of the upcoming titles for the first half of 2020 should come during November.

I think three things that was supposed to be in the next Direct has leaked now, Overwatch, Mega Man X/ZX Legacy Collection and the Aladdin/Lion King ports