By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodstained on Switch's first week outsells PS4's and Xbone's combined (UK)

curl-6 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Also the Switch is less overflooded by games so a "indie" title can have more attention and gamersbudget pointed towards it.

My impression is also that Switch owners are, in general, more accepting of a game having lower budget production values or being retro-esque.

Yes that could also be effecting the sales, the COD and FIFA players of the other consoles will rarely buy games like that.

Around the Network

Spindel said:
I got the physical version of this game a while ago but I have held off playing it because of lack of time and because for some reason I can’t put down Dragons Dogma :P

But anyhow, I just got around to play it and it really is an exellent game. I don’t get the hate from people on this forum for the switch version (I have not played the game, or even seen it, on any other system so I don’t have that point of reference.

As for both the frame rate and supposed input lag the Switch version controlls and feels on spot with a classic Castlevania game (I made a thread a while back where I got a lot of flaming for stating that Castelvania games have always had controlls that suck). So far I have not gotten very far in the game and I have not experienced any crashes and I’ve played it both on the TV and handheld (prefer playing it on the TV with a pro-controller with a real D-pad)

You can't put down Dragon's Dogma because it's the best game ever. There's your reason.

I suppose the game's issues may be well known among hobbyist gamers like us, but what percentage of buyers are likely to be forum-going enthusiasts of our ilk? It's possible most of the people picking it up for Switch where totally unaware this version was borked.

In a world where we have excellent ports like Yooka Laylee, Outlast II, Warframe, Paladins, Rocket League, Hellblade, the N.Sane Trilogy, and Crash Team Racing, there's really no good reason for a relatively simple game like this to be so wonky. They should have held it back til it was in better shape if necessary.

curl-6 said:

I suppose the game's issues may be well known among hobbyist gamers like us, but what percentage of buyers are likely to be forum-going enthusiasts of our ilk? It's possible most of the people picking it up for Switch where totally unaware this version was borked.

In a world where we have excellent ports like Yooka Laylee, Outlast II, Warframe, Paladins, Rocket League, Hellblade, the N.Sane Trilogy, and Crash Team Racing, there's really no good reason for a relatively simple game like this to be so wonky. They should have held it back til it was in better shape if necessary.

One thing I would say about that list of games you put, all of those baring Yooka had a proper studio behind it, unlike the crowd funded Bloodstained games... even saying that, yooka pretty quickly had the veterans at Team17 helping them bring the game to all the different platforms.

On topic though - I'm not really surprised, when you look at the numbers of consoles sold and see things like the X1 having a larger number sold than Switch honestly... I would think a great many of those systems are console number 2 to a Switch or are sitting on a pawn shop shelf, considering the system is selling 50k units per week globally, I would think that there is close to 50k people per week who own the system but are part of the 200k who buy a Switch or PS4, as such that system is probably more on a decline of actual active player base rather than an increase.

I didn't pick up a copy just yet based partially on having a ton of games to play through on Switch but also had read about the tech issues on the other platforms the week prior to launch and feared that the Switch port would have suffered a bit the same, I'm sure they'll get their act together and patch the major issues, even if it requires a bit more cash, they have a stream of income coming in now that should be able to fund patches to fix stuff, especially on the system where the majority of that cash is coming from.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

That's because the Switch has no other games.

I wonder if that is still an argument lol.

Can't wait to get this one day!

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

The Switch is my indie king. It doesn't feel the same to play Indie games on the big boi consoles.

FarleyMcFirefly said:
That's because the Switch has no other games.

I wonder if that is still an argument lol.

Can't wait to get this one day!

Ah, I remember that one.  Whenever a Switch game had good sales, "well, there's not really anything else to play on it". Thankfully I haven't heard it in a while, at least not on VGChartz. Besides...

https://gonintendo.com/stories/339625-switch-currently-has-over-2-400-games-available-to-download

Yep, only 2400 other games on the system, no wonder those poor starved Switch owners are buying Bloodstained, LMAO.