By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bloodstained on Switch's first week outsells PS4's and Xbone's combined (UK)

This was expected. Perhaps it would have been a better idea to develop the game for Switch and then port to the other consoles, considering indie and metroidvania style games almost always sell more on Switch to begin with.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Shiken said:
This was expected. Perhaps it would have been a better idea to develop the game for Switch and then port to the other consoles, considering indie and metroidvania style games almost always sell more on Switch to begin with.

The game has been in development since before Switch was even a thing, so can't really be helped in this case.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:

So question based on this thread. Do Crowdfunded sales count in stats like these? I mean many people would have already bought the game and asked for it on their prefered platform. When this game was first Crowdfunded, the Switch wasn't even out and the option for your copy to be on Switch wasn't available at the time.

SO... the high sales for Switch version is because many of those who pledged got their copies on other platforms already and don't count in sales.

Still wouldn't expect it to outsell both of them so that's great but just a thought.

It would have a minimal effect.  It has +60K backers and how many were from the UK 10K?  And that 10K is divided by platforms so at best a few thousand copies.  Aren't people just buying it more digital on other consoles would have been a better discussion point =p.  If this accounts digital this is an amazing performance for Switch :).

Last edited by konnichiwa - on 01 July 2019

Guess I'll wait for that patch fix before buying it on my Switch.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

I haven't purchased it at all because of the reported downgrades and issues but I haven't even considered buying it for any console besides the Switch. Nintendo's hardware is perfect for this kind of game (technical issues aside). If it had launched the same day as the other versions I would have jumped on it without thinking.

Around the Network

Here I was playing this game on PC not even really knowing it came out on consoles until a couple days ago when I checked to confirm a suspicion I had. I finished it yesterday and managed to get 100% map completion, though. There was one part of the game that I got stuck, and otherwise didn't use any guides. If you're interested, it was the part where

Spoiler!
you find the aegis armour to allow you to cross past those spike traps. I may be mistaking this for another armour, but I think it was the aegis.

konnichiwa said:
The Fury said:

So question based on this thread. Do Crowdfunded sales count in stats like these? I mean many people would have already bought the game and asked for it on their prefered platform. When this game was first Crowdfunded, the Switch wasn't even out and the option for your copy to be on Switch wasn't available at the time.

SO... the high sales for Switch version is because many of those who pledged got their copies on other platforms already and don't count in sales.

Still wouldn't expect it to outsell both of them so that's great but just a thought.

It would have a minimal effect.  It has +60K backers and how many were from the UK 10K?  And that 10K is divided by platforms so at best a few thousand copies.  Aren't people just buying it more digital on other consoles would have been a better discussion point =p.  If this accounts digital this is an amazing performance for Switch :).

No it's doesn't count digital sales, Gfk was supposed to start a combined physical/digital sales chart for the UK from 1st January this year but never did for some unknown reason.

Digital charts have started coming since the beginning of June, Here is a few below:

Digital UK Week 21

Digital UK Week 22

Congrats to Switch, but is this a game that was expected to sell a lot in any platform before hand?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Congrats to Switch, but is this a game that was expected to sell a lot in any platform before hand?

Not really, but it was always destined to sell the most on Switch

The Fury said:
Shiken said:

The game has been in development since before Switch was even a thing, so can't really be helped in this case.

So was Hollow Knight and various others the developers behind those still handled their projects a lot better than here, Bloodstained's developer may have just shot themselves in the foot here because having an embargo up that stops people finding out the issues of the said version which was going to sell more given the platform's track record with indies is not going to give a good first impression.