By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales Week 15, Famitsu. April 8th – April 14th

Nintendo Switch sales come from 3DS and WII U guys upgrading..... PS4 sales come from PS3 guys..... not surprising we are getting these results. 

mM
Around the Network

I'm hoping Famitsu, et al follows Media Create's lead and stop providing weekly numbers. The console warriors would be beside themselves.

Metroid33slayer said:
Signalstar said:

I'm not offended. I literally think it is stupid. Vgchartz has a reputation as one of the better forums on the internet. Stupid console war related hyperbolic rhetoric like this just brings the place down.

Others agree with me.

Well i actually play ps4 just as much as switch if not more as you can see from my trophy profile i play it a lot so i am not a fanboy. I like both consoles i am just stating in brutal language that the switch steamrolled ps4 this week which is a fact.

I don't care what consoles you play on or how many trophies you have. It doesn't matter which console outsold another or even by how much.

The term for what you are doing is shit posting.

I don't want to see the quality of discussion on this site devolve

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Mnementh said:
Azelover said:

Where's Pacman???

(you guys forgot how to have fun)

Here you go:

Thanks for this, I missed Pacman. Really shows how much Switch is dominating in Japan.

I wonder how close he'll get to closing his mouth as the other platforms wind down while Switch gets boosts from Pokemon Sword/Shield, DQ11 S, the Lite model, etc.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 18 April 2019

Will the Switch be the best selling console every year until Nintendo replaces it? It has a pretty good chance

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Train wreck said:
I'm hoping Famitsu, et al follows Media Create's lead and stop providing weekly numbers. The console warriors would be beside themselves.

Your on a forum that is built upon the discussion of hardware and software sales and yet you are hoping we stop getting sales figures?

He is as long as the wrong team is in lead. He'll come around if that changes.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Train wreck said:

Why would you say that! We are fortunate enough the we have countries like Japan that post weekly numbers. If you dont like this then dont enter the weekly threads.

You would be doing yourself and everyone on this thread a favour! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

MasonADC said:
Will the Switch be the best selling console every year until Nintendo replaces it? It has a pretty good chance

Most likely! Unless Sony makes a handheld or a handheld feature for its future consoles.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Mnementh said:
SpokenTruth said:

Your on a forum that is built upon the discussion of hardware and software sales and yet you are hoping we stop getting sales figures?

He is as long as the wrong team is in lead. He'll come around if that changes.

Ya, if this was the reverse he would be gloating and telling us how consumers have spoken on Nintendo's fate.  

leo-j said:

Nintendo Switch sales come from 3DS and WII U guys upgrading..... PS4 sales come from PS3 guys..... not surprising we are getting these results. 

Well that is one way to say it..... 

PS4 owners are mostly gamers who likes them big AAA western games + Those Anime Games. 

While Switch owners are mostly those who love playing the Nintendo Franchises games. 

It is obvious which type of audience out numbers who in Japan. 

Now what is interesting is that more and more of these anime games are coming to the Switch bevause the Vita is dead and there seems to be no news of futre Sony Handheld anytime soon. 

Pocky Lover Boy!