By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EricHiggin said:

Tell me, in this time of tragic worldwide illness, or anytime for that matter, why is it a good thing that the media won't accept a legit answer, and pushes until they get something they can try to smear Trump with? Why do they like to hide the legitimacy more often than not, and try to spin what they can as negative?

Don't the American people deserve better from their 'trusted news sources', now more than ever? Doesn't the human race, deserve better?

Why are you acting so upset? I never said he's doing the right thing, or that it's a good thing. I simply gave my opinion on what was really happening. Just because he may be giving the press a hard time, doesn't mean I automatically agree with it.

The fuck did the press do wrong here? A reasonable question was asked, Trump gave a confusing answer which doesn't reflect reality, they asked for clarification and he said something stupid. That isn't 4D chess. That is just stupidity.

Again, if the president is incapable of not saying something stupid when being asked simple questions, the media isn't the one to blame...

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
EricHiggin said:

Who does and doesn't know what they're talking about is certainly a reasonable question and is debatable.

I said he's screwing with the journalist, because the journalist just keeps, pushing. So what gives direction to what the President can and can't do?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_the_president_of_the_United_States

Torillian said:

Linking me the wikipedia article for presidential powers is just as useless as Trump saying "the constitution says I can". What specifically are you reading in there that you think gives the president the ability to tell governors when their states have to open back up for business after an emergency?

I put it in the same order you asked your questions. I'll lay them out again so they're more clear.

You - "Isn't it convenient that Trump not knowing what the fuck he's talking about is indistinguishable from him cleverly playing with the press?"

Me - "Who does and doesn't know what they're talking about is certainly a reasonable question and is debatable."

You - "Can you show me what Trump is alluding to in law or statute that says he gets to call the shots for individual states in this instance?"

Me - "I said he's screwing with the journalist, because the journalist just keeps, pushing."

You - "Because just saying "the constitution says what the president can do" is not an answer when it isn't there."

Me - "So what gives direction to what the President can and can't do?" "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_the_president_of_the_United_States"

Extended beyond our previous conversation from the link:

"The powers of the president of the United States include those powers explicitly granted by Article II of the United States Constitution to the president of the United States, powers granted by Acts of Congressimplied powers, and also a great deal of soft power that is attached to the presidency."

"The Constitution explicitly assigns the president the power to sign or veto legislation, command the armed forces, ask for the written opinion of their Cabinet, convene or adjourn Congress, grant reprieves and pardons, and receive ambassadors."

So wait, he was just screwing with the reporters when he said he could tell governors what to do? He's just fucking around?

uh huh, and rather than give me another list, I want you to tell me the specific statement that you think means he has the power he was alluding to to tell governors when and how to get their states back to work after an emergency. 

Torillian said:
EricHiggin said:

I put it in the same order you asked your questions. I'll lay them out again so they're more clear.

You - "Isn't it convenient that Trump not knowing what the fuck he's talking about is indistinguishable from him cleverly playing with the press?"

Me - "Who does and doesn't know what they're talking about is certainly a reasonable question and is debatable."

You - "Can you show me what Trump is alluding to in law or statute that says he gets to call the shots for individual states in this instance?"

Me - "I said he's screwing with the journalist, because the journalist just keeps, pushing."

You - "Because just saying "the constitution says what the president can do" is not an answer when it isn't there."

Me - "So what gives direction to what the President can and can't do?" "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_the_president_of_the_United_States"

"The powers of the president of the United States include those powers explicitly granted by Article II of the United States Constitution to the president of the United States, powers granted by Acts of Congressimplied powers, and also a great deal of soft power that is attached to the presidency."

"The Constitution explicitly assigns the president the power to sign or veto legislation, command the armed forces, ask for the written opinion of their Cabinet, convene or adjourn Congress, grant reprieves and pardons, and receive ambassadors."

So wait, he was just screwing with the reporters when he said he could tell governors what to do? He's just fucking around?

uh huh, and rather than give me another list, I want you to tell me the specific statement that you think means he has the power he was alluding to to tell governors when and how to get their states back to work after an emergency. 

Where's the specific statement that makes you think that I think that?

EricHiggin said:
Torillian said:

This:

Torillian said:
EricHiggin said:

This:

How does that, lead to this?

Torillian said:

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
Torillian said:

This:

Torillian said:

That statement is in relation to this:

"The powers of the president of the United States include those powers explicitly granted by Article II of the United States Constitution to the president of the United States, powers granted by Acts of Congressimplied powers, and also a great deal of soft power that is attached to the presidency."

"The Constitution explicitly assigns the president the power to sign or veto legislation, command the armed forces, ask for the written opinion of their Cabinet, convene or adjourn Congress, grant reprieves and pardons, and receive ambassadors."

Torillian said:
EricHiggin said:

That statement is in relation to this:

"The powers of the president of the United States include those powers explicitly granted by Article II of the United States Constitution to the president of the United States, powers granted by Acts of Congressimplied powers, and also a great deal of soft power that is attached to the presidency."

"The Constitution explicitly assigns the president the power to sign or veto legislation, command the armed forces, ask for the written opinion of their Cabinet, convene or adjourn Congress, grant reprieves and pardons, and receive ambassadors."

Are you just going to relate that to another statement after? I have no clue where you are going with this.

You know, @EricHiggin this would go a lot faster and be far more fruitful if you'd just admit you have no idea what you're talking about and are talking out your ass. Either that, or actually substantiate your claims or justify your opinions rather than blanket 'it's good because I like it' logic.

Seriously, you're so very bad at this. @Torillian has been MORE than generous in giving you dozens of opportunities to explain yourself and you have failed at every turn. In addition to that, if you actually had anything of value to say, you would have said it by now. Either you're too dense to engage in debate, or you know you're wrong and outclassed so you're trying to confuse the issue and misdirect the conversation. It's actually quite sad that, even when given this much berth to explain yourself, you still manage to fuck it up so thoroughly and consistently.

Either answer Torillian's questions without being disingenuous, or accept that you're a fool so we can collectively ignore you. It should be very easy if you're as self-assured as you act.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

You know, @EricHiggin this would go a lot faster and be far more fruitful if you'd just admit you have no idea what you're talking about and are talking out your ass. Either that, or actually substantiate your claims or justify your opinions rather than blanket 'it's good because I like it' logic.

Seriously, you're so very bad at this. @Torillian has been MORE than generous in giving you dozens of opportunities to explain yourself and you have failed at every turn. In addition to that, if you actually had anything of value to say, you would have said it by now. Either you're too dense to engage in debate, or you know you're wrong and outclassed so you're trying to confuse the issue and misdirect the conversation. It's actually quite sad that, even when given this much berth to explain yourself, you still manage to fuck it up so thoroughly and consistently.

Either answer Torillian's questions without being disingenuous, or accept that you're a fool so we can collectively ignore you. It should be very easy if you're as self-assured as you act.

Having watched this play out as an external observer, the dynamics are somewhat reminiscent of Trump's interaction with those reporters in the first place lol. It's not so much about mutually structuring a dialogue towards collectively elucidating an answer/fact, but instead primarily about expressing looser feelings/impressions in service of some other objective(s). As those less-structured feelings/impressions collectively add up, the purpose of the discourse just ends up being obfuscated and that pathway to a structured dialogue becomes harder and harder to access. I think Eric simply has different objectives in this conversation from most others here, but what they are I couldn't really say.

SpokenTruth said:

43,000 millionaires just got an average of $1.7 million from the CARES Act.

It's a Republican loophole “so generous that its total cost is more than total new funding for all hospitals in America and more than the total provided to all state and local governments”.

Source:

How's that $1,200 working out for you?

Just disgusting!

Immersiveunreality said:
SpokenTruth said:

Speaking of $1,200, let's see how that stacks up against other countries.

Canada $1,433 per month
Ireland Up to $1,793.44 per month
Australia $1,933 per month
UK Up to $3,084 per month
Denmark Up to $3,288 per month
Germany Up to $7,326.78 per month
France Up to $7,575 per month
US Up to $1,200 once.

Richest nation on Earth indeed.

Yes ''the land of the free''

Till the almost criminal capitalist system of american ''healthcare'' feeds on you when you get sick.

It is the land of the free!

Free of actual healthcare

Free of support from the government

Free from any help

Free from good public education

Free from the ability to choose your internet provider

And so on...