By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Torillian said:
EricHiggin said:

No response to the primary point because one didn't seem warranted?

Forgive me for failing to understand the point trying to be made.

I am just a lowly pawn after all.

The point is you were wrong about the timing of Trump's explanations. 

"Unless what I've seen was doctored, Trump initially gave a more legitimate response along the lines of 'the President has the power that the Constitution gives them', since he wasn't going to try and explain it all, not that he likely knows everything he can and can't do for sure anyway. Then after being pressed further, he does what he does best, and gives the reporter a ridiculous answer to run with, 'I have absolute power', which becomes the headline while the initial answer is swept under the rug like it never happened. lol."

Trump did not initially give a more legitimate response but actually lead with "I have the ultimate authority" not "the president has the power that the constitution give them".

Are you going to address this or just talk nonsense like usual?

Asking for clarification due to lack of explanation and understanding is nonsense? Has this changed? Thanks for illustrating the point though.

Like usual? Leads me to believe addressing it won't help here anyway, but hopefully it can suffice this time.

I was unaware that Trump said that prior, so the initial point made was missing prior facts, and so was mine. Yet it just strengthens what I proposed.

-Journalist got baited with "I have ultimate authority". What exactly does ultimate mean? Not what some may think it means, 'secretly' being the bait.

-Trump then gives a longer yet short and to the point legitimate response, which should answer the question, since he explained it so, "very simply".

-The journalist now wants their nonsensical response they were 'promised', and continues to push Trump to "clarify" the very simple explanation.

-Trump then just keeps feeding the journalist pure nonsense rapid fire, question after question. He obviously knows he doesn't have absolute power, unless he has no memory, which isn't the case. Just look at how Trump 'corrects' them and mentions it's the Presidents power and not his. He is the President at the moment, and he knows that. He's just screwing with the journalist and they are eating it up, along with their pawns.

Last edited by EricHiggin - on 16 April 2020

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:
Torillian said:

The point is you were wrong about the timing of Trump's explanations. 

"Unless what I've seen was doctored, Trump initially gave a more legitimate response along the lines of 'the President has the power that the Constitution gives them', since he wasn't going to try and explain it all, not that he likely knows everything he can and can't do for sure anyway. Then after being pressed further, he does what he does best, and gives the reporter a ridiculous answer to run with, 'I have absolute power', which becomes the headline while the initial answer is swept under the rug like it never happened. lol."

Trump did not initially give a more legitimate response but actually lead with "I have the ultimate authority" not "the president has the power that the constitution give them".

Are you going to address this or just talk nonsense like usual?

Asking for clarification due to lack of explanation and understanding is nonsense? Has this changed? Thanks for illustrating the point though.

Like usual? Leads me to believe addressing it won't help here anyway, but hopefully it can suffice this time.

I was unaware that Trump said that prior, so the initial point made was missing prior facts, and so was mine. Yet it just strengthens what I proposed.

-Journalist got baited with "I have ultimate authority". What exactly does ultimate mean? Not what some may think it means, 'secretly' being the bait.

-Trump then gives a longer yet short and to the point legitimate response, which should answer the question, since he explained it so, "very simply".

-The journalist now wants their nonsensical response they were 'promised', and continues to push Trump to "clarify" the very simple explanation.

-Trump then just keeps feeding the journalist pure nonsense rapid fire, question after question. He obviously knows he doesn't have absolute power, unless he has no memory, which isn't the case. Just look at how Trump 'corrects' them and mentions it's the Presidents power and not his. He is the President at the moment, and he knows that. He's just screwing with the journalist and they are eating it up, along with their pawns.

Isn't it convenient that Trump not knowing what the fuck he's talking about is indistinguishable from him cleverly playing with the press? 

I disagree that any of Trump's answers are legitimate. Can you show me what Trump is alluding to in law or statute that says he gets to call the shots for individual states in this instance? Because just saying "the constitution says what the president can do" is not an answer when it isn't there. 

EricHiggin said:

Okay, so tell me why this is a good thing.

Like, lets operate under the fairly ludicrous assumption that this is all "4D chess" for a moment.

We are in the middle of a pandemic. How does trolling the press help the citizens of the United States? How does him sowing confusion benefit the American people? How does spreading misinformation that apparently even he doesn't believe, help us out of a fucking crisis?

You can act like his bullshit is all a fun game until people start dying at which point either he needs to nut up and do his job sans bull, or you simply have to acknowledge that he is full of shit and you've been eating it up for years. This was his moment to prove to us that he had what it takes to lead this country and he failed. Plain and simple. There is no 4D chess. What you see is what you get.

Torillian said:
EricHiggin said:

Isn't it convenient that Trump not knowing what the fuck he's talking about is indistinguishable from him cleverly playing with the press? 

I disagree that any of Trump's answers are legitimate. Can you show me what Trump is alluding to in law or statute that says he gets to call the shots for individual states in this instance? Because just saying "the constitution says what the president can do" is not an answer when it isn't there. 

You have figured out the formula for people that support Trump.  When Trump says something stupid, dumb or like the statement you are discussing.  Its always somehow Trump playing 4D chess instead of exactly what he stated.  This is the only way that his supporters can ever just ignore his statements just like the fake news.  For some reason, Trump baiting the press in this way was beneficial to who.  How did this statement make Trump appear to have knowledge of the constitution or understand what he is talking about.  Once you start to pressure the Trump supporters on why this was a smart move, they have to think up even crazier reasons to support it.  It start to become comical but lets wait to see what Eric can think up next.  I am sure he will scour google for conservative answers but in the end it will be the same BS.

I should also say I love how Trump believed he can adjourn congress. We pretty much all know that Trump probably has absolutely no clue on the Constitution or the powers he has as President, but the people who are whispering in his ear probably should all be fired as they continue to make him look the fool when he makes statements he doesn't fully understand. I am sure Eric can give us the 4D chess play Trump is doing as he seems the be Trump whisperer.

Around the Network
Machiavellian said:
I should also say I love how Trump believed he can adjourn congress. We pretty much all know that Trump probably has absolutely no clue on the Constitution or the powers he has as President, but the people who are whispering in his ear probably should all be fired as they continue to make him look the fool when he makes statements he doesn't fully understand. I am sure Eric can give us the 4D chess play Trump is doing as he seems the be Trump whisperer.

In all fairness, you can be sure that 50% they whisper into his ear are not processed, while the other 50% are just blurted out before they had any chance to do so. It's really hard to predict for a normal human what weird nonsensical thing he will say next.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Torillian said:
EricHiggin said:

Who does and doesn't know what they're talking about is certainly a reasonable question and is debatable.

I said he's screwing with the journalist, because the journalist just keeps, pushing. So what gives direction to what the President can and can't do?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_the_president_of_the_United_States

sundin13 said:
EricHiggin said:

Like, lets operate under the fairly ludicrous assumption that this is all "4D chess" for a moment.

We are in the middle of a pandemic. How does trolling the press help the citizens of the United States? How does him sowing confusion benefit the American people? How does spreading misinformation that apparently even he doesn't believe, help us out of a fucking crisis?

You can act like his bullshit is all a fun game until people start dying at which point either he needs to nut up and do his job sans bull, or you simply have to acknowledge that he is full of shit and you've been eating it up for years. This was his moment to prove to us that he had what it takes to lead this country and he failed. Plain and simple. There is no 4D chess. What you see is what you get.

Tell me, in this time of tragic worldwide illness, or anytime for that matter, why is it a good thing that the media won't accept a legit answer, and pushes until they get something they can try to smear Trump with? Why do they like to hide the legitimacy more often than not, and try to spin what they can as negative?

Don't the American people deserve better from their 'trusted news sources', now more than ever? Doesn't the human race, deserve better?

Why are you acting so upset? I never said he's doing the right thing, or that it's a good thing. I simply gave my opinion on what was really happening. Just because he may be giving the press a hard time, doesn't mean I automatically agree with it.

SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:
Trump sure loves his 4D chess.

*Gets corrected*

EricHiggin said:

I was unaware that Trump said that prior......

If that was 4D chess, then I positioned you into a multi-layer checkmate.

Made it clear they weren't entirely certain based on what they saw. Were given further useful knowledge that was for 'some reason' left out.

You were right. It was not 4D chess. I was wrong. The extra info makes it 5D. My mistake.

SpokenTruth said:

Speaking of $1,200, let's see how that stacks up against other countries.

Canada $1,433 per month
Ireland Up to $1,793.44 per month
Australia $1,933 per month
UK Up to $3,084 per month
Denmark Up to $3,288 per month
Germany Up to $7,326.78 per month
France Up to $7,575 per month
US Up to $1,200 once.

Richest nation on Earth indeed.

Yes ''the land of the free''

Till the almost criminal capitalist system of american ''healthcare'' feeds on you when you get sick.

EricHiggin said:
Torillian said:

Who does and doesn't know what they're talking about is certainly a reasonable question and is debatable.

I said he's screwing with the journalist, because the journalist just keeps, pushing. So what gives direction to what the President can and can't do?

sundin13 said:

Tell me, in this time of tragic worldwide illness, or anytime for that matter, why is it a good thing that the media won't accept a legit answer, and pushes until they get something they can try to smear Trump with? Why do they like to hide the legitimacy more often than not, and try to spin what they can as negative?

Don't the American people deserve better from their 'trusted news sources', now more than ever? Doesn't the human race, deserve better?

Why are you acting so upset? I never said he's doing the right thing, or that it's a good thing. I simply gave my opinion on what was really happening. Just because he may be giving the press a hard time, doesn't mean I automatically agree with it.

SpokenTruth said:

*Gets corrected*

If that was 4D chess, then I positioned you into a multi-layer checkmate.

Made it clear they weren't entirely certain based on what they saw. Were given further useful knowledge that was for 'some reason' left out.

You were right. It was not 4D chess. I was wrong. The extra info makes it 5D. My mistake.

Linking me the wikipedia article for presidential powers is just as useless as Trump saying "the constitution says I can". What specifically are you reading in there that you think gives the president the ability to tell governors when their states have to open back up for business after an emergency?

EricHiggin said:
Torillian said:

Torillian said:
EricHiggin said:

Linking me the wikipedia article for presidential powers is just as useless as Trump saying "the constitution says I can". What specifically are you reading in there that you think gives the president the ability to tell governors when their states have to open back up for business after an emergency?

I put it in the same order you asked your questions. I'll lay them out again so they're more clear.

You - "Isn't it convenient that Trump not knowing what the fuck he's talking about is indistinguishable from him cleverly playing with the press?"

Me - "Who does and doesn't know what they're talking about is certainly a reasonable question and is debatable."

You - "Can you show me what Trump is alluding to in law or statute that says he gets to call the shots for individual states in this instance?"

Me - "I said he's screwing with the journalist, because the journalist just keeps, pushing."

You - "Because just saying "the constitution says what the president can do" is not an answer when it isn't there."

Me - "So what gives direction to what the President can and can't do?" "https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powers_of_the_president_of_the_United_States"

Extended beyond our previous conversation from the link:

"The powers of the president of the United States include those powers explicitly granted by Article II of the United States Constitution to the president of the United States, powers granted by Acts of Congressimplied powers, and also a great deal of soft power that is attached to the presidency."

"The Constitution explicitly assigns the president the power to sign or veto legislation, command the armed forces, ask for the written opinion of their Cabinet, convene or adjourn Congress, grant reprieves and pardons, and receive ambassadors."