By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's so funny to see after all these years people have been calling Trump a fascist we finally see that it is the Democrats, among them Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer trying to exert social-control like a true fascist would. It would have been so easy for Trump to become what Democrats and other idiots are calling him, yet he is not.

Around the Network
melbye said:
It's so funny to see after all these years people have been calling Trump a fascist we finally see that it is the Democrats, among them Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer trying to exert social-control like a true fascist would. It would have been so easy for Trump to become what Democrats and other idiots are calling him, yet he is not.

Preventing hundreds of thousands of deaths =/= "trying to exert social-control like a true fascist"

SpokenTruth said:

What. The. Fuck? 

What's next, calling for leaving the union?

SpokenTruth said:

What. The. Fuck? 

Yeah I was not happy to see this in my news feed. As a resident of Michigan it's nuts to me that he'd do this after we had that rally of idiots who blocked off a hospital in Lansing. Seems like to Trump anywhere that isn't New York or New Jersey is just fine and should open up immediately. I mean we're the third state in Corona deaths with 2200 with Massachusetts at fourth behind us with 1400. 

SpokenTruth said:
Torillian said:

Yeah I was not happy to see this in my news feed. As a resident of Michigan it's nuts to me that he'd do this after we had that rally of idiots who blocked off a hospital in Lansing. Seems like to Trump anywhere that isn't New York or New Jersey is just fine and should open up immediately. I mean we're the third state in Corona deaths with 2200 with Massachusetts at fourth behind us with 1400. 

At what point can Trump be legally held in violation of criminal incitement laws?

'Can' doesn't matter when this administration outright refuses to hold him accountable. We'll need a new one.

Around the Network
melbye said:

Especially considering he 'got away with' rigging the election with the Russians as well as digging up dirt on his opponents with the Ukrainians. Maybe, just maybe, actually, quite likely, this will be the next thing they go after him for, somehow, someway. Wouldn't be surprising in upside down world.

Am I hearing things right that some stores can't sell specific things like paint, or plant seed, on top of guns? Why?

SpokenTruth said:
EricHiggin said:

Especially considering he 'got away with' rigging the election with the Russians as well as digging up dirt on his opponents with the Ukrainians. Maybe, just maybe, actually, quite likely, this will be the next thing they go after him for, somehow, someway. Wouldn't be surprising in upside down world.

Am I hearing things right that some stores can't sell specific things like paint, or plant seed, on top of guns? Why?

No.  Stores in Michigan may still sell them unless it is a store larger than 50,000 so as to enable the smaller stores to get more sales over the large box retailers.

So a Walmart or Target may have to close off their garden centers or home improvement sections, smaller stores may continue to sell them.  It's to help those smaller stores survive.  Or is that too fascist for you?

How fascist is too much? Well the idea being to help out the little guy in this circumstance would seem to have some thought put behind it. The fact that guns was left out makes me hesitant though, but perhaps that doesn't apply to Michigan specifically right now?

TK-Karma said:
Runa216 said:

You know, @EricHiggin this would go a lot faster and be far more fruitful if you'd just admit you have no idea what you're talking about and are talking out your ass. Either that, or actually substantiate your claims or justify your opinions rather than blanket 'it's good because I like it' logic.

Seriously, you're so very bad at this. @Torillian has been MORE than generous in giving you dozens of opportunities to explain yourself and you have failed at every turn. In addition to that, if you actually had anything of value to say, you would have said it by now. Either you're too dense to engage in debate, or you know you're wrong and outclassed so you're trying to confuse the issue and misdirect the conversation. It's actually quite sad that, even when given this much berth to explain yourself, you still manage to fuck it up so thoroughly and consistently.

Either answer Torillian's questions without being disingenuous, or accept that you're a fool so we can collectively ignore you. It should be very easy if you're as self-assured as you act.

Having watched this play out as an external observer, the dynamics are somewhat reminiscent of Trump's interaction with those reporters in the first place lol. It's not so much about mutually structuring a dialogue towards collectively elucidating an answer/fact, but instead primarily about expressing looser feelings/impressions in service of some other objective(s). As those less-structured feelings/impressions collectively add up, the purpose of the discourse just ends up being obfuscated and that pathway to a structured dialogue becomes harder and harder to access. I think Eric simply has different objectives in this conversation from most others here, but what they are I couldn't really say.

"You have the sight now Neo. You are looking at the world without time." "We can never see past the choices we don't understand."

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth." "There is no spoon." "Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself." 

I head something about monthly stimulus checks ranging from 1,000 - 2,000. Would this be for those who only have a job now? I'm in another country at the moment.

coolbeans said:
Are you living and working in the US though?  There's a couple of requirements & exceptions you ought to check out on the IRS' site.  You can see your eligibility there.

Plenty if prior work, part, temp, and full. Now English Teaching in Japan which is on hiatus due to corona. I'll look more into it