By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft will definitely win the next gen over Sony

Will Microsoft win next gen?

Yes, they learnt from their mistakes 11 13.75%

No, Sony has a strong pre... 53 66.25%

It's hard to tell right now 15 18.75%

See Results 1 1.25%

Total:80
Random_Matt said:
You heard it here folks, releasing great games is anti-consumer.

Click-bait.

Maybe we should disregard...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

I feel as though they will certainly do better. If the multiple skus are a thing. They'll be priced and powered more competitively next generation.

The thing is that it doesn't matter what I feel. We still know nothing.

Facts don't care about your feelings.

I see no reason for this to randomly happen, as of now there's no reason not to assume PlayStation won't just yet dominate another gen.

None of what you said means anything. What will mean something is the consoles themselves and the games--which is to say, things we know nothing about at this point.

I still remember the popular opinion going into this generation was that Microsoft would ride the success of Kinect and take Playstation down. Anyone remember that? Or the "Microsoft keeps increasing their market share every generation" argument?

From the recent rumors I doubt that because for me it seems obvious that Microsoft wants to focus more on software sales and gaming subscriptions than Xbox hardware sales. Besides that a Xbox console has never outsold a Playstation console.

Around the Network

They did learn from their mistakes, but I don't know if that will be enough to compete with Sony.

Sony pretty much needs to fuck up badly to give Microsoft a fighting chance outside US and UK.

But even if they don't win, I expect them to be a lot closer on Sony numbers then they did this gen. They just need some compelling exclusives, because that's what was mostly missing this gen.

While Microsoft has certainly been making all the right moves for a bigger comeback next generation (Backwards Compatibility, Gamepass, First Party Investment, etc) it's still way too early to say that they will definitely win. It will at least be much closer than this current generation though.

All the studios they've bought means they will probably have their largest lineup of exclusive games in all their generations on the market, so there is a good chance they could win next generation against Sony. Against Nintendo? Who knows.

Something against them is their willingness for people to play their games on non Xbox devices, which is great for their profit and great for gamers but bad for their hardware sales.

I think the likelier prediction is that they will generate more revenue and profit from overall software than winning the hardware race, and when it comes down to it that's probably all that matters.

Agreed. I think at this point Sony are the underdogs. MS hold the aces. I'm with you ding dong.

I was going to reply to this thread but then realized it was made by FattyDingDong and therefore wrong. And delusional. Probably trollish (literally nothing he said in the OP made sense.)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android