By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft will definitely win the next gen over Sony

Will Microsoft win next gen?

Yes, they learnt from their mistakes 11 13.75%

No, Sony has a strong pre... 53 66.25%

It's hard to tell right now 15 18.75%

See Results 1 1.25%

Total:80
PotentHerbs said:
MS will never beat Sony. Its time to let this dream die.

How can they now? They ae going multiplat. Theres going to be zero reason to buy an xbox next gen. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
eva01beserk said:
I wish people would elaborate more when they say sony is anti consumer and ms is pro consumer. At the start of the gen MS made the most anti consumer mistakes any company has ever made and the consumers voted with their wallets. in turn, MS has had to backtrack on all that. Sony has been the same since the beginning starting with giving away free games with ps+. no policies have changed in the slightest since the gen started. So far, sony looking more pro consumer.

Time passes
MS backtracks all its blunders. No more drm. removes mandatory kinect. copys sony strategy of free games with gold. Sony still the same as when they started. So far, looks like it took MS a while just to match sony in treating consumers right.

More time passes.
Xbox sales are still in the toilet. Discounting the xbox has had no affect in sales, so they decide to work on backward compatibility. No doubt a pro consumer move. A bit late though. Its been like 2 years and most fans have had to jump into the new gen by now. A lot of MS fans have already jumped ship to sonys team. Still pro consumer while sony has remained the same still. Still dont see any anti consumer practices.

Even more time passes.
Have sales improved by any means for the xbox? not much,still being sold over 2 to 1. Mid gen releases are announced for both consoles. the pro is out people love it, the xbox one x is just announced and is still a year away. Neutral moves. Ps4 sales has another big jump cuz whe have an upgrade. The xbox one s increases sales as well but the spotlight is still on the pro and yutubers are already comparing it to the x even if its a year away so the s is ignored a bit. So here comes the crosplay controversy. Xbox allows it, playstation does not. Keep in ind that no other console has had crossplay before. so now you could say is pro consumer. But can you really say sony is anti consumer for keeping everything as they always have been?

and theeennnnn...
Xbox sales take a nose dive at the begining of the year. No doubt everyone waiting for the X. in the meantime Games like horizon (and I believe uncharted is out by now) are making playstation fans go cazzy. MS games are starting to both drop in quality and becoming more scarse. According to some starting from this point, exclusives start to not matter, but BC is the future. The x releases as sales spike for a few months and the novelty dies very soon as xbox just does not seem to have the games to make the x shine. So what do we do now says phil......Gamepass!!! Nearly free games big new program thats bound to be loved by all. over 100 games for $10 a month...... we can all agree that at the beginning gamepass was largely ignored. I think in less than a month we had free trials, $1 memberships, and other special deals and shortly after, day one releases to big MS games. Means nothing at this point as MS games are being universally criticized. What about sony you say, well they are pretty much in the same boat, all thats changed is that after some critisims they caved and allowed crosplay for some games. So gamepass is a decent pro consumer program in a way but meaningless as they have no games to really want to make you get it.

Now.
Sony near 100m, Xbox probably not gona reach 50m by the time the the gen ends. So after all MS has done, the xbox is still selling well below the ps4. SO what else can they do? How about offer xbox games in other devices like the switch. Has not yet happened but I see ths failing as everything else. Sony is not even in the news.

Now I believe that people are mistakenly seeing being beaten into submission and being forced to basically beg for support as pro consumer tactics from MS's side. And then they see sony not having to grovel for attention and think is anti consumer. Nothing could be further from the truth. What we are seeing here is nothing more than a lack of competition. As much as MS have tried they have failed and they are not giving up. So yea this is kind of good in MS's part but what it seems to me thats happening is that they are quiting after seeing that nothing is working. I mean they are basically a multi platform developer now (if you can even call them developers).

All this Sony bashing is beyond absurd.

PS4 has been my second favorite system ever.

I never once felt any of Sony supposed anti consumer practises, which are mostly if not all non-existent.

All I have been doing it after getting the system getting handed amazing game after amazing game to the point I can't even keep up with it, just like the good PS1/PS2 days.

Could Sony be better? Of course, I would love the PS2 treatment to get over PS1 games as well, I would like my DS4 (best controller to date) to have as much battery life as the DS3, and I certainly would like to still be able to play online for free... but have I ever felt anything pushing me away from it? Hell no, wasn't for the PS4 I would likely not be as excited for this gen as I was.

But what to say, one does what one can do, if resorting to twisting reality is the way to push something that cannot, to each their own.

I think every year reality slaps fans in the face yet they still deny and twist things. nothing we can do. Unless a monopoly happens, fans dont dictate the outcome of a competition. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.