By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What will sell more, Animal Crossing Switch or Pokemon Sword/Shield?

Tagged games:

I think the bigger seller will be...

Animal Crossing 63 42.28%

Pokemon Sword/Shield 86 57.72%

Total:149
Slownenberg said:
What do you all think final numbers will be for these two games? I think Pokemon will do something like 26 million while AC will do something like 27 million.

28m for New Horizons

22m for Sword/Shield

Around the Network

Well shit if I responded when thread first started I'd probably say Pokemon. That coming from AC fan who isn't even interested in Pokemon. It would have just been the safe bet. Now all bets off.

newwil7l said:
Slownenberg said:
What do you all think final numbers will be for these two games? I think Pokemon will do something like 26 million while AC will do something like 27 million.

28m for New Horizons

22m for Sword/Shield

Personally i think New Horizon will sell over 30 million.

I agree with Pokémon, i don't think it will sell much over 20 million.

Ryng said:
newwil7l said:

28m for New Horizons

22m for Sword/Shield

Personally i think New Horizon will sell over 30 million.

I agree with Pokémon, i don't think it will sell much over 20 million.

Really?? It's hard for me to imagine Pokemon won't be over 20 million just by the end of this year. 4 million for this year seems reasonable. I can't imagine it doing less than like 24 million lifetime. I dunno about AC hitting 30 million, I think Mario Kart will be the only game to do that, but I think AC over 25 million for sure.

Wow, didn't realize how old this thread was.

I'm unsure at this point which will ultimately sell more, but I am confident both will pass 20 million comfortably.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Jumpin said:

I must be failing to see the cultural impact of Pokemon Sword and Shield. Breath of the Wild is a generation defining game and a killer app. Pokemon Sword and Shield just seemed to be more of an incremental release of a series people get more out of habit, and otherwise had very little impact in its own right.

Ok, cool.

But that has nothing to do with sales.

I didn’t say it did. I said Animal Crossing night sell better, and noted that it was much more culturally impactful. The implication being that it will be a boon on its sales.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

BlackBeauty said:
Animal Crossing will beat Mario Kart 8 deluxe.

It won't though.

Think for yourself, question authority

I am going to go out on a limb here, and say Animal Crossing. The game seems to be reach far outside its normal fanbase, and it will be hard to tell where it will fall due to people who typically do not game seem to be enjoying it as much as core gamers alike. It will definitely sell more than any ONE version of Sword/Shield, but the two combined would certainly be a feat to see.

So I stand with the underdog on this one, simply due to the style of gameplay appealing to more in the mass market. However when it comes to Pokemon, one must never underestimate the power of double dippers as well.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
I am going to go out on a limb here, and say Animal Crossing. The game seems to be reach far outside its normal fanbase, and it will be hard to tell where it will fall due to people who typically do not game seem to be enjoying it as much as core gamers alike. It will definitely sell more than any ONE version of Sword/Shield, but the two combined would certainly be a feat to see.

So I stand with the underdog on this one, simply due to the style of gameplay appealing to more in the mass market. However when it comes to Pokemon, one must never underestimate the power of double dippers as well.

Not so sure AC is the underdog anymore.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Shiken said:

Do you really think double dippers will take that much of a percentage of Pokemon Sw/Sh's sales?