By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom did it again to Switch! :( [Resident Evil]

BanjoPickles said:
I was going to buy all three, but....nope, I'm not going to go along with this. RE4 is a $20 on PS4, and to charge an additional $10 for the same digital release is absurd and exploitive. No thanks. At least Mega Man 11 was a NEW game, AND it came on a card! What sucks is the catch-22: they're going to lose so many sales because of this, and they're going to blame the fans/Nintendo for the game selling so poorly. I hate that so many big third-party developers pull the carrot on a string crap when it comes to supporting Nintendo platforms. Either they release games with components that are missing, or they overcharge, and then they say things along the lines of "if Nintendo fans want THIS game then they have to buy THAT game to show that they want our support!" A game can bomb on PS4 or XBONE and it won't matter, but if a game tanks on a Nintendo platform? Kiss that developer goodbye! It's ridiculous that these companies don't realize that Nintendo fans are like any other gaming base: they want quality experiences and they don't like being ripped off!

Screw them. We're not forced to buy anything, or "support" anything. If they want our money, they gotta work for it. 

Edit: Same with Nintendo themselves. I have yet to buy Bayonetta 2 + 1 or Tropical Freeze. 

Around the Network

I don't get this practice. I ordered the Japanese version of X Legacy COllection 2 on Switch because X8 was the only one I didn't have physically, so at least that was an option.

I would honestly prefer companies charging more for the game if they put it all on one cartridge. At least there is some compromise there, and I don't think physical owners would hate that option because at least it would be an option.

1doesnotsimply

FarleyMcFirefly said:
I don't get this practice. I ordered the Japanese version of X Legacy COllection 2 on Switch because X8 was the only one I didn't have physically, so at least that was an option.

I would honestly prefer companies charging more for the game if they put it all on one cartridge. At least there is some compromise there, and I don't think physical owners would hate that option because at least it would be an option.

True. Just add some stickers and some shit and call it a collectors edition and retailers wont be mad about them charging less for the digital version.

I wonder how many of you were in the thread saying 60 USD was a good price for Link's Awakening? =D

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
I wonder how many of you were in the thread saying 60 USD was a good price for Link's Awakening? =D

Well why don't you try and get the GB or GBC game CIB for less than 60$. Good luck.

Around the Network

Definitely bad pricing here. At least Capcom has a habit to put all their games on sale every now and then.

*double post*

Last edited by Conina - on 01 March 2019

*double post*

Last edited by Conina - on 01 March 2019

KLXVER said:
Jumpin said:

Well why don't you try and get the GB or GBC game CIB for less than 60$. Good luck.

Well, we could buy that version for six bucks in the eShop...

Obviously the remake should have a higher price tag than $6 or €6, but it shouldn't be priced for $60 / €60 either.

It seems to be on a similar quality level as the 3DS game "A Link Between Worlds" and a similar playtime... $30 / €30 would make much more sense, especially when compared with the quality and playtime of a "Breath of the Wild". 

FarleyMcFirefly said:

Capcom went halfway.

They charged extra, but failed to put it in a cartridge.