By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom did it again to Switch! :( [Resident Evil]

V-r0cK said:
flashfire926 said:
All while everybody will happily spend $60 on link's awakening and pokemon lets go.

Cause those are new games that required actual work to make while this is just a port of a port.

And those ports are much cheaper elsewhere.

How about Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? A four year old game that's price is actually higher than it launched (switch version costs $60 while wii U version cost $50 at launch)

How about Bayonetta 2, another four year old port that they're charging full price for?

Hyrule Warriors, NSMBU?

And the point I'm tying to make with Link's Awakening is that it's way overpriced for the amount of production values it has. It should be $40 like ALBW at most.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
V-r0cK said:

Cause those are new games that required actual work to make while this is just a port of a port.

Youll regret those words when Links Awakening shows up on PS4 for 30 bucks!

Hahahah I would love to see a day when that happens xD

KLXVER said:
zorg1000 said:

Me!!!!

Ah, so you are the one. Nice to meet you.

To be fair I've only beaten about half of the mainline games. Zero, REmake, RE4, RE5 & Revelations 1. Played but never finished RE2 (just started the remake) or Code Veronica and never played RE3, RE6, RE7 or Rev 2.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

flashfire926 said:
V-r0cK said:

How about Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze? A four year old game that's price is actually higher than it launched (switch version costs $60 while wii U version cost $50 at launch)

How about Bayonetta 2, another four year old port that they're charging full price for?

Hyrule Warriors, NSMBU?

And the point I'm tying to make with Link's Awakening is that it's way overpriced for the amount of production values it has. It should be $40 like ALBW at most.

Well I think most people complained about those. I know I did. Maybe except for Hyrule Warriors because its so far off my radar. At least with these I have a choice of buying it physical or digital or not at all...except for Bayonetta (Fuck you very much Nintendo) Capcom wont even give me simple choices ffs...

Reminder that Mega Man 11 is the only new game Capcom has released on Switch, two years in. The company is run by monkeys who throw darts at a board to decide things. Prove me wrong.

Around the Network
Medisti said:
Reminder that Mega Man 11 is the only new game Capcom has released on Switch, two years in. The company is run by monkeys who throw darts at a board to decide things. Prove me wrong.

I don't think so. A dart would at least land on a good business decision every now and then, so that's out of the question.

KLXVER said:
Medisti said:

I don't think so. A dart would at least land on a good business decision every now and then, so that's out of the question.

You know, I expected it to take more than five seconds for proof to surface. You win this round.

Medisti said:

Not really. They know Switch owners are totally willing to buy overpriced games.

Street Figher 2 sold very well at $50, iirc had a better opening week that MvCi, which was a brand new game.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

That´s a big no-no for me. The only Capcom game I´ll be getting for the Switch is Monster Hunter

I honestly think there's a very good chance that Capcom is making content that is either exclusive for Switch or suits the platform very well. An exclusive Monster Hunter is the most obvious example, Ace Attorney is a likelihood as well. In general, this is a company which consistently gets criticism (fairly might I add) for not using their IP, but they also have a great track record of actually making products based on fan demand. Devil May Cry, Mega Man, and Resident Evil 2 Remake were all games that were a result of fans (DMC5 was actually already in development, but it's pretty obvious why Capcom released DMC4:SE and Dmc side by side ... the sales of 4:SE probably acted as funding greenlit). But game development takes time and people don't want to wait, which is understandable. Still, I think that more Mega Man, Monster Hunter, and Ace Attorney games are very likely for the Switch ... and as long as they're brand new, that's something that is potentially very exciting. If Capcom had a team to make it, I wouldn't even be surprised at a brand new Okami, though I don't think they do.

In the mean time I'm left scratching my head at why they have to fuck up their own ports. It's at least understandable why they are slow on their feet with original titles, but why ruin your own back catalog? It's just such an odd decision and it sucks. 

I made an entire essay on the last thread about how Nintendo should be held accountable equally ... I'm all for that ... but I don't really get the Link's Awakening thing. I mean, I guess I kind of understand the concept ... had something like Let's Go or Link's Awakening been developed for a 3DS successor, they'd probably still be $40. But that's a massive rabbit hole to go down and I'm not sure it's worth arguing. It's a slippery slope and to be honest, while I can't speak for Let's Go I doubt that Link's Awakening is going to be such a bare-bone remake that it won't deserve the $60 price tag (though I suppose even then you could argue that it would be $40 on a 4DS ... again ... slippery slope and we'll never know). So I don't get why that is being discussed and it's not a particularly strong argument.