By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom did it again to Switch! :( [Resident Evil]

Conina said:
KLXVER said:

Well why don't you try and get the GB or GBC game CIB for less than 60$. Good luck.

Well, we could buy that version for six bucks in the eShop...

Obviously the remake should have a higher price tag than $6 or €6, but it shouldn't be priced for $60 / €60 either.

It seems to be on a similar quality level as the 3DS game "A Link Between Worlds" and a similar playtime... $30 / €30 would make much more sense, especially when compared with the quality and playtime of a "Breath of the Wild". 

True, but we cant really judge a game by its length or else 95% of games would have to be cheaper than BOTW.

Around the Network

I avoid all games that say need MicroSD to install the game. Early on I got caught out as stores were not adverting the need for extra space to play the game. After cancelling so many peorders they got the hint fuck we better

Like seriously i'd pay the extra $10 knowing I get the full game on the cart.

They kinda killed my excitement. I just hope they don't try this "Nintendo fans don't want Resident Evil" bullshit when it was Capcom that ruined its own sales.

d21lewis said:
They kinda killed my excitement. I just hope they don't try this "Nintendo fans don't want Resident Evil" bullshit when it was Capcom that ruined its own sales.

Well we aren't getting RE7 and RE2 Remake or any new games in the series, so after these ones I for one don't want more RE games on Switch.lol

Eh, I think the RE games are worth at least half as much as a Labo kit or 1-2 Switch each.

I think the price is fair, relative to standard Nintendo prices.

If Nintendo fans overpay for Nintendo games don't be shocked when third parties have ya overpay as well.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
I wonder how many of you were in the thread saying 60 USD was a good price for Link's Awakening? =D

If they pulled an "RE2 Remake" and put effort into updating the graphics, sound, and gameplay of these games (that have already released several times and I've already purchased multiple times), I'd be willing to pay $60 for each, too!

Megiddo said:

Eh, I think the RE games are worth at least half as much as a Labo kit or 1-2 Switch each.

I think the price is fair, relative to standard Nintendo prices.

If Nintendo fans overpay for Nintendo games don't be shocked when third parties have ya overpay as well.

At least make an effort, so we have a reason to overpay.

KLXVER said:
Conina said:

Well, we could buy that version for six bucks in the eShop...

Obviously the remake should have a higher price tag than $6 or €6, but it shouldn't be priced for $60 / €60 either.

It seems to be on a similar quality level as the 3DS game "A Link Between Worlds" and a similar playtime... $30 / €30 would make much more sense, especially when compared with the quality and playtime of a "Breath of the Wild". 

True, but we cant really judge a game by its length or else 95% of games would have to be cheaper than BOTW.

We are not talking just about length/playtime. Even ignoring the playtime BOTW is leagues ahead in every other aspect... so why should the Link's Awakening Remake cost the same (or even more since there are often nice deals for BOTW).

Conina said:
KLXVER said:

We are not talking just about length/playtime. Even ignoring the playtime BOTW is leagues ahead in every other aspect... so why should the Link's Awakening Remake cost the same (or even more since there are often nice deals for BOTW).

Well not every other aspect, but I agree that it shouldn't be 60 bucks. I will still buy it for that price since Im getting it all on the card and I want to play it.

Yeah, like someone mentioned, this isn't far from standard Nintendo pricing practices on the Switch.

They're just following the leader on the platform.